Aircraft cold start scramble

RichardG

Im trying to do the simplest damn thing, but this editor is a nightmare.

I want AI Aircraft lined up on the ramp, cold, then then start up and takeoff when a condition is set.

Theres no way to edit aircraft behavior on waypoint "0" (zero) at startup, at least not that I can find. They start up and takeoff immediately.

I'm not writing lua scripts, so if there isnt a way to do it without that forget it.

Wrong-o....that only applies to ground units. Furthermore, just for your reference, the last time I checked ground vehicles that were started in this manner did not report their movement to client aircraft in multiplayer, meaning only the server sees the units move. For ground units, your best option is to use GROUP AI OFF/ON or GROUP STOP/RESUME depending on whether you want them to fire/react to threats.

For aircraft:

Place your group, program their flight plan, and set them to "takeoff from ramp"

Check the "uncontrolled" option. Do NOT check late activation.

Go to the triggered actions tab (next to advanced waypoint actions)

Click add -> perform command-> start

When the desired conditions are met, use the AI TASK PUSH trigger to start your groups.

Honestly we need a sticky explaining how to do this somewhere...this comes up at least once a month.

Edited by feefifofum