[NO BUG / USER MOD] FLIR is in greyscale for left/right DDI?

Maulkin

All the YouTube vids show the targetting pod view to be in green monochrome and the AMPCD should be the only one to show the FLIR in greyscale but for me all three displays have the FLIR in greyscale. Do I have a problem here? Does anyone else have this? How do I resolve it?

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

I was about to say:"No I never run mods of any kind." but then I remembered that I set up my multi-monitor display setup as a mod. When I disable my multi-monitor that appears to fix it!

Thanks!

Now I need to dig into my multi-monitor config to try and figure out what specifically is causing it....

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

I was about to say:"No I never run mods of any kind." but then I remembered that I set up my multi-monitor display setup as a mod. When I disable my multi-monitor that appears to fix it!

Thanks!

Now I need to dig into my multi-monitor config to try and figure out what specifically is causing it....

Yeah I have this issue also, exported DDIs to second monitor. If you resolve this please share it ;)

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 3080 TUF OC 10Gb * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

There have been changes to a few script files: "MDI_right_init.lua" and "MDI_left_init.lua", found in folder "[DCS]\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\MDI_IP1556A\indicator".

These lines have been added:

-- green shade for "render_target_X" , to change tone - make texture with that tone 
used_render_mask  = LockOn_Options.script_path.."../IndicationResources/MDG/flir_texture.dds"

There have been changes to a few script files: "MDI_right_init.lua" and "MDI_left_init.lua", found in folder "[DCS]\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\MDI_IP1556A\indicator".

These lines have been added:

-- green shade for "render_target_X" , to change tone - make texture with that tone 
used_render_mask  = LockOn_Options.script_path.."../IndicationResources/MDG/flir_texture.dds"

Thanks! I added those 2 lines to my OvGME mod files ("MDI_right_init.lua" and "MDI_left_init.lua") and now it's green FLIR :thumbup:

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 3080 TUF OC 10Gb * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11