Meet the Team: 13 Years of RAZBAM Simulations

Teeter

Meet the Team:

13 Years of RAZBAM Simulations

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Old Dog, New Tricks

RAZBAM Simulations has been creating top-notch military and civil aircraft simulations since 2003. Until recently, RAZBAM development was focused exclusively on the Microsoft Flight Simulator series, including Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 and Microsoft Flight Simulator X. However, the team has stepped away from developing for the aged Flight Simulator X, and into the split future of flight simulations: Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D (for civil aircraft) and Eagle Dynamics' Digital Combat Simulator (for military aircraft).

Among the ranks of RAZBAM Simulations are old dogs and greenhorns alike, collaborating from all over the world to converge on a common goal: bringing the you some of the best modern simulations that the consumer can get their hands on. Though many members of this ten-man team are contractors, there are a few core members who are RAZBAM through and through, and are here to stay. We'd like to take a moment to introduce ourselves. Better late than never, right?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Ron Zambrano, 46 | Prowler111

Owner & 3D Modeler, RAZBAM Simulations

Manta, Ecuador

0SMQiOh.jpg

Ron Zambrano, who hails from Ecuador, is a bold, aviation-loving, family man. When he's not working, Ron is spending time with his family or the ocean, as water sports (including surfing and octopus hunting) are some of his favorite hobbies.

Ron is the creator/owner, and, for a great while, the only developer for RAZBAM Simulations. He's been in this business for a long time, and has practically seen it all. A no-nonsense leader for the team, Ron knows the importance of transparency and honesty with our customers, but he also knows when it's best to keep internal projects steady and quiet.

Larry Zambrano, 54 | Zeus67

Senior Coder, RAZBAM Simulations

Manta, Ecuador

a2s9kcA.jpg

Larry Zambrano, Ron Zambrano's brother, joined his brother's fully-proven venture in 2009. Being a Computer Systems Engineer, with nearly 30 years of experience doing jobs like network administration and software development, Larry is far from new to the world of coding...the man's nothing short of a modest mastermind, and is the primary contributor to the DCS: M-2000C's systems.

A consistent coder (but a terrible pilot...we love him though), Larry is invaluable to the RAZBAM team. Without his software experience and know-how, RAZBAM DCS development would move much slower and would be less surefooted. His laid back, honest approach to software development is a cornerstone of ours...as he reminds us, every so often, "the truth will set us free."

CJ , 33 | CptSmiley

Flight Model & Systems Coder, RAZBAM Simulations

Maryland, USA

gVLn8Sv.jpg

Flight Simulation Engineer by day, Flight Simulation Engineer by night...CJ lives and breathes flight simulation...but how couldn't he, with a BS in both Computer Science and Aerospace Engineering, and an MS in Systems Engineering.

Grabbing the attention of every DCS developer back in 2012 for his high-fidelity F-16 project (which was largely a pioneering public demonstration of external flight models in DCS), CJ was quickly offered a place at RAZBAM Simulations, primarily to create external flight models for the RAZBAM T-2 Buckeye, M-2000C, AV-8B, and future projects.

Tim Taylor, 46 | Timghetta

Owner & 3D Modeler, Metal2Mesh

South Florida, USA

Capture.JPG

Tim Taylor (get the Home Improvement jokes out now), an import tuner-loving South Floridian, is the sole proprietor at Metal2Mesh, a company which earned its wings with such famed FSX aircraft as the M2KC and F-15E. Before that, Tim has worked on such projects as the Aerosoft F-16, A-10 and Seahawk/Jayhawk titles.

No, he isn't technically a RAZBAM guy, but he's certainly earned a spot among the rest of us. Tim is one of the best modelers and texturers in the business, and we thoroughly enjoy his company and work, as we hope you do as well. He will be with us for a while to come, creating the Harrier cockpit, F-15E, and many, many more.

Hank Essers, 76 | HAE5904

Freelance Texture Artist

The Netherlands

8n0SUw4.png

Hank Essers has been RAZBAM's primary in-house texture artist since 2011. The oldest of the team, at 50 (or 30+20), Hank has done textures for the RAZBAM Harriers, Metroliner, and the (cancelled) T-2 Buckeye.

In addition to RAZBAM work, Hank worked with Tim Taylor on the Metal2Mesh M-2000C (for FSX) and on the Aerosoft F-14. For now, Hank's primary work is on the exterior textures for the Tucano, which we hope to show off to you all very soon. Stay tuned!

__________________________________________________________________________________

Clarke Wardle, 49 | Mithandra

Terrain Team

Untied Kingdom

clarke.jpg

By Day Clarke Works in IT and has done for the past 30 years. he have worked in Holland, Saudi Arabia, Australia in the IT industry... By Night he is am a keen Artist.

Clarke has a 11 year old son who and Clarke is keen to get into Sims, although he seems to prefer fortnight at the moment :)

__________________________________________________________________________________

Nicole Birkett, 27 | nrazbam

Architect

Ecuador

nicole4.jpeg

Architect from Ecuador that Loves to work in 3D modeling. Have done some work in interior design and architecture, but excited to be the new member in RAZBAM team in DCS terrain development and why not an aircraft project.

Cat lady who loves dancing, playing volleyball and spending time at the beach.

James Needham, 37 | Decoy

Community Manager

Untied Kingdom

decoy.JPG

Introducing Decoy, James has a passion for anything aviation.

Decoy been in the DCS community of many years leading one the most successful online groups. Decoy's experience within to community has helped us move to a more community focused team as well as helping with may other aspects he has certainly become a member of the family.

Leonardo Salvatore, 40 | Elwood

Coder

Italy

scv_1562780927509679139758093106585.jpg

Leonardo hails from Florence Italy and like most Italians he is a Fan of anything fast, with a huge Passion for Jets, Helicopters and sailing and with over 15 years as an Experienced team leader and senior embedded developer in software and firmware and being a member of the DCS Community for over 5 years he is certainly a great addition to the team.

Edited by =DECOY=
Tiny spelling error
  • Like 4

/Gregory Smiddy

Programming

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Awesome to get a face and background to what you guys have done and continue to do for the community. Awesome work team and I personally hope to get to know you better on a personal level going forward! :thumbup:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

but he also knows when it's best to keep internal projects steady and quiet.

Prowler, what you mean? Mirage III confirmed? :megalol::megalol:

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hurray for the RAZBAM team! All the best for all of you guys. I enjoy a lot the mirage and I firmly (but patiently) wait for the Harrier :thumbup:

Prend ton temps mais fait ca vite :cold:... LG34''21:9 Asus 23''monitors Intel i7-4590 EVGA 1070 Superclocked Gskills 4x4G RAM Fatal1ty AsRock Z97 killer motherboard in a HAF black box with 4 CH products plug in and logitech G510, F310, M510 and M570 plus trackIR 5!

Nice to see a team of more coders and less managers! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I have Harrier, Buckeye, all 3 Corsair issues and Metroliner for FSX and P3D which have all been out some time but still great models. I have the M2M F15 and the magnificent Mirage. As an ancient simmer I can say that I've always regarded Razbam models as quality offerings for FSX and P3D and its good to see them now building for DCS.

Neil

Nice to match faces with the people who work so hard on the Mirage!

Wish you all the best and love the way you operate Razbam, very transparent towards your customers and always so nice/cheerful.

Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

cool, it suddenly all becomes more... mmmmm human? Its nice to know that these modules are not made by BigData ;)

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Nice to see the team, keep up the great work!

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice intro! Thanks.

Question - Out of curiosity, what is the relationship between Metal2Mesh and RAZBAM again? Does Metal2Mesh provide the 3D models for RAZBAM? Something else...? Thanks. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com