HUD FOV

Habu_69

Anyone know how to change the HUD FOV without changing pilot head position? I would like to reduce size of the HUD display to fit better within the reflector glass.

In the option menu make sure you have user saved views ticked.

Pause Trackir and recenter view and zoom. Numberpad 5 and Num enter.

You can see FOV when in game. Hold left control + pause twice.

Hold Right control and Right shift. Move the camera forward back Numpad / and *

Move the FOV with just Numpad / and *

Save your settings Hold Right Alt + Numberpad 0

For VR, I just lean in a bit then recenter the view.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

I think he wants to shrink the elements displayed on the reflector glass for a better fit with his current viewport. Not alter the overall FOV. It's possible that there's a solution, but I don't know it. It will definitely involve LUA editing and it might prove very challenging if at all possible.

Edited by chrisofsweden

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

Nope. Otherwise we would all have fixed the stupid a-10c pilot position....

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

I think he wants to shrink the elements displayed on the reflector glass for a better fit with his current viewport. Not alter the overall FOV. It's possible that there's a solution, but I don't know it. It will definitely involve LUA editing and it might prove very challenging if at all possible.

The only way i'Ve found to shrink is, but can't remember how i'Ve done it in VR, if i loaded in non VR, adjust then back inVR, been a while as some of the comands seems not to work, easier with Track IR.

So you can try what i mean is, without any head tracking and how i'Ve done it when i was using TrackIR:

RCTRL+RALT+NUMPAD* or RCTRL+RALT+NUMPAD/ to set the HUD symbology as i wanted, i then used the zoom with NUMPAD* or NUMPAD/ then saved the customed view, pretty much as David said

Edited by Doum76

Not really a solution but I often use the function to keep the display from moving left or right on it's own. Sorry I forget right now what it is but I programmed my 'H' key to activate it. I know that it is supposed to tell you something when it is off center but it also makes anything to the one side of the pitch ladder invisible.