Caucasus Texture DLC by Starway - Donation page is online

What about the default tree textures, vs Mustang tree textures ?

Is there a difference between them ?

I didnt tried the Mustang´s textures on 2.5 yet.

Intel® Core™ i5-2500k CPU@4.20GHz 64 bit operation System Windows 10+ Pro NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - Memory: 16.0 GB - 500gb ssd samsung - Samsung 27"SyncMaster TA550 monitors [SIZE=1][B]- [/B][/SIZE][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]TM Hotas Warthog[/SIZE][/FONT] Trackir4 - TM Rudder Pedals.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the default tree textures, vs Mustang tree textures ?

Is there a difference between them ?

They're the same textures with the only difference being the MIPMAPs use an alternative method that makes them look alot more detailed and less 'mushy' from a distance.

I didnt tried the Mustang´s textures on 2.5 yet.

see the links below :)

• 2 weeks later...

I actually have my default trees looking a lot better now. They did look like something from an animated movie before - but changing the gamma alone seems to have helped enormously (in VR). The problem is balancing the scenery and the cockpit, as far as the gamma goes.

I think the default winter terrain in Caucasus looks far more convincing than summer.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

• 7 months later...

What happened to this guy and his T4 thing ?

Dear friends and followers,

thank you for your patience, but finally the website for the donation is online. Now it is up to you if this DLC ever will be released.

The release plan is as follows:

The texture pack is on hold until the amount of 2000$ is reached. Then the T3 package will we provided for the whole community for free. When the amount of donations will reach 3000 $, I will release the T4 package under the same conditions.

Please be aware that this is not only a mod, even it has lost its official status, contentwise it is still a DLC. I put more than a year of work into this, many rounds of corrections with Eagle Dynamics and and a lot of attention to detail. But the main feature is that I always followed my personal guideline: Passion for quality.

That is why I can’t just give it out for free. I hope you understand.

You can reach the website here:

https://starwayblog.wordpress.com/

The donation will be via PayPal. I hope that is allright with you.

Thanks again for all your support so far!

All the best,

Starway

Happy flying!

Starway

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

İt looks like that

wow, bummer....

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

sorry for the radio-silence but I had to struggle with some personal issues and I had no time to go into modding again due to the fact that it is extremely time consuming.

I will update the mod but I will need some more time to understand how the new textures are implemented.

System: Intel Core i5 3570K | GTX 980 OC | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | 500 GB SSD

Hi guys,

sorry for the radio-silence but I had to struggle with some personal issues and I had no time to go into modding again due to the fact that it is extremely time consuming.

I will update the mod but I will need some more time to understand how the new textures are implemented.

WOW... SURPRISE ...Glad to hear from you after all this time!! :thumbup:

Hope all is well with you now!...

We'll be glad to get your excellent stuff when you get the time for it.

Cheers :beer:

Callsign   SETUP

Hi guys,

omg mate this is the best news of 2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote.gif

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

• 1 month later...

guys new Starway mod is up!!!

it is PHOTO-REALISTIC...its an amazing and incredible job!!

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233952

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

• 6 months later...