Showing FC3 modules independently

PainQuota

Is there a way to list aircraft, obtained via the FC3 add-on, independently in DCS?

Before I purchased FC3, my FC3 aircraft were always listed independent from the FC3 install, now they are all amalgamated in FC3.

Curious for an answer.

Best Wishes,

PainQuota

For that reason, and the lack of FC3 aircraft separate wallpapers and missions, I ended up purchasing all available FC3 modules individually, and uninstalling FC3.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

So, I'm assuming from your comment that it is not possible?

I think I might uninstall FC3 and purchase individual aircraft (that I mainly fly) like you.

I wonder what the impact might be on Modern Air Combat.

Thanks for the comment.

Best Wishes,

PainQuota

So, I'm assuming from your comment that it is not possible?

I never managed it myself, but maybe others have/can? Dunno.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I always wondered about this too, it would be nice I think to have the wallpapers (and missions/ training if there is any) of the individual aircraft if you have FC3.

Actually, you can install the individual modules even if you dont have a key for them .. using the command:

DCS_Updater.exe Install Su-27

repeat for Su-33, A-10A, Su-25, F-15C

You will not be able to fly them, as you cant activate them .. but they are installed and you can look at their folders to make copies of their Missions, Training, Campaigns (most are included with FC3) and their background images.

After making copies of the elements you want to keep, trash these modules on the Module Manager.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks! I will try, but I think you might need individual keys for each aircraft to be able to fly them.

Yes, standalone modules would need to be activated. I just had a long talk on the topic with a consultant. I deleted my post to stop misinformation.

So if you have FC3 you have the pack and that's how it is listed. For the missions/themes you can download and use them.

I started with standalone F-15C and bought FC3 later just to support the devs. Didn't like the way it was shown in the menus too. I still mostly fly the Eagle, but sometimes I like to test-fly other aircraft so I can live with the FC3 installed :)

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria