NS430 being charged for different modules?

BlazingTrigger

I thought the GPS module was going to be a one time purchase and it'd get added to different modules.

Not a lot of aircraft need the GPS but selling the same product but making it only available for one aircraft that you buy and making you buy the module again just to get it on to a different aircraft seems a bit off.

What are other people's thoughts?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

well it depends on the prize, i guess.

the base/2d version goes for 11$ and the bundle goes for 15$. if that mean, that one can add true integration for upcoming planes to the base versions for about 4$ or 5$, i think that's fair actually, especially if you can gab it at a discount at some point.

i would want it for specific planes only (the true integration, that is; not at all interested in the 2d overlay), so this pricing model could actually benefit me (instead of having a much higher base price and get it for modules i don't own, or don't need/want it for)...

it was originally sold as a one time purchase, i'm ABSOLUTELY LIVID that they are asking us to spend yet more money to add it to the L39, I could quite literally strangle someone
Yup that's what I remember as well. It was certainly implied and never contradicted. On that promise I bought the module. In anticipation of it's use in the L-39. I have never used it yet since purchase, and that was over a year ago.

I'm on mobile, and strapped for time. Unable to dig into past comments. And knowing a certain community manager those(or these) post will most likely be removed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yup that's what I remember as well. It was certainly implied and never contradicted. On that promise I bought the module. In anticipation of it's use in the L-39. I have never used it yet since purchase, and that was over a year ago.

I'm on mobile, and strapped for time. Unable to dig into past comments. And knowing a certain community manager those(or these) post will most likely be removed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Someone at ED better step up soon and explain the reason for this, and justify why we were lied to. this is a real smack in the mouth to loyal DCS customers. and thats what we are Customers, DCS is a product we pay for. To be told we will get one thing, then for that to be changed without warning or option after we've bought it is totally uncalled for.

IF they decide to delete these posts then i'd have no other option than to express my opinions and facts on this matter in more public places, I may not have a very big Youtube following (just over 4K) but i'd do everything I could to make sure people were aware of this deceit.

Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

https://www.youtube.com/user/504smudge

https://www.facebook.com/504smudge

As far as I recall pricing for other modules was to be determined. Which is why I didn't buy it yet. I hope it gets put in the Huey and F-5 as well. It probably should be like 20$ ish dollars maybe 30 but cover all modules. As it is though I'll still buy it for the L-39. I'm not pissed but it could've been handled better PR wise.

• ED Team
Someone at ED better step up soon and explain the reason for this, and justify why we were lied to. this is a real smack in the mouth to loyal DCS customers. and thats what we are Customers, DCS is a product we pay for. To be told we will get one thing, then for that to be changed without warning or option after we've bought it is totally uncalled for.

IF they decide to delete these posts then i'd have no other option than to express my opinions and facts on this matter in more public places, I may not have a very big Youtube following (just over 4K) but i'd do everything I could to make sure people were aware of this deceit.

Please cite your source where we ever promised, or even implied, that the NS 430 would be available for all aircraft based on the purchase of the NS 430 for the Mi-8?

In fact, it was even clarified here when this was originally announced:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3239062&postcount=101

Please cite your source where we ever promised, or even implied, that the NS 430 would be available for all aircraft based on the purchase of the NS 430 for the Mi-8?

In fact, it was even clarified here when this was originally announced:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3239062&postcount=101

Whats the point when the evidence you provide is almost immediately deleted and they you get banned from posting....

Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

https://www.youtube.com/user/504smudge

https://www.facebook.com/504smudge

Just a note... ED mention that the NS 430 is fully wired into the electrical and radio systems of the Mi-8MTV2 and the L39... so that is a good positive.. looking forward to exploring this avenue...

On the 2D side there is no mention of full electrical integration...

SIGBLOCK.png

• ED Team
Whats the point when the evidence you provide is almost immediately deleted and they you get banned from posting....

No posts re NS 430 have been removed on our forum. By all means, please post a link to where we stated that the NS 430 for the M-8MTV would also be available for all other aircraft. Or, feel free to PM it/them to me. If there was an earlier communication, I want to see it and correct it.

Thanks,

Matt

• ED Team
Just a note... ED mention that the NS 430 is fully wired into the electrical and radio systems of the Mi-8MTV2 and the L39... so that is a good positive.. looking forward to exploring this avenue...

On the 2D side there is no mention of full electrical integration...

Yes, its why they are being sold as they are, the 3D dash mounted versions are more complex, I dont think the 2D version is as complex as far as integration.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• ED Team

They are working on it. The plan is to get it working, its not working yet, so its not a promised feature at the moment until they are sure they can make it work right.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

it was originally sold as a one time purchase, i'm ABSOLUTELY LIVID that they are asking us to spend yet more money to add it to the L39, I could quite literally strangle someone

as far as i remember, it was never promoted as being for more aircrafts then the mi-8. i'm quite sure about this, because i was (and still am) interested in the module, but do not own the mi-8.

then it was hinted, that it would eventually also come for the l-39, but i can't remember any official mentioning that the l-39 would be included in the price.

(i can somehow understand, that people assumed it would be included, because the price seemed relatively high for it being only for one aircraft... still i honestly can't remember anyone from ED hinting at it being included back then)

that being said, i think the new pricing model is quite good actually, i only think that the 2d/base version should be a little bit cheaper, as i can't really see me using it, even though i am not yet on vr...

*edit* going a little OT here, but could anyone from ED confirm, that full integration will eventually come for more airframes (yak, tf-51, f-5...)

Edited by twistking

No posts re NS 430 have been removed on our forum. By all means, please post a link to where we stated that the NS 430 for the M-8MTV would also be available for all other aircraft. Or, feel free to PM it/them to me. If there was an earlier communication, I want to see it and correct it.

Thanks,

Matt

Perhaps this?

https://belsimtek.com/news/1788/