INS bug when starting cold and dark

Zeus67

Folks, there is a bug in the INS when starting cold and dark.

After aligning, the INS can get stuck in an invalid steerpoint and cannot be moved from it.

The bug is fixed on development and will be available on next release, but until then it is advised that you start with the aircraft HOT ON THE RAMP or ON THE RUNWAY.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Thanks for the info. Good to know.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

How do you input (I imagine it would have to be in the ME) an "invalid steerpoint"?

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

How do you input (I imagine it would have to be in the ME) an "invalid steerpoint"?

It tries to load a markpoint, but there are none when the mission starts.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Yes, the fix is included in today's hotfix.

Yes, the fix is included in today's hotfix.
Yeaahaa... fantastic!

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 3 months later...

Hey Guys,

i just bought the Harrier during this sale and watched a couple of videos according to ins alignment. Well if i try this and try the manual alignment from cold start, the timer is not starting. It is just showing a couple of 00:00 that are fliying from left to right through my MFD. Do you have any ideas what this can be or how it can be fixed?

Hey Guys,

i just bought the Harrier during this sale and watched a couple of videos according to ins alignment. Well if i try this and try the manual alignment from cold start, the timer is not starting. It is just showing a couple of 00:00 that are fliying from left to right through my MFD. Do you have any ideas what this can be or how it can be fixed?

1. I don't to the manual INS Alignment. I've done it to see it work and since then I have pre-aligned INS set, bc ".. ain't nobody got time for that" ;)

2. I have no idea what videos you watch, when they were recorded, nor what has been updated since they were recorded. When I learned INS alignment, I learned that the only thing important to pay attention to is the QUAL display (on the line directly below the aircraft stick-figure). When it reaches "0.7" you're done. What is displayed in the TIME is inconsequential. The question is, are you reaching QUAL: 0.7?

3. Go here ->Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library<- and download a copy of Chick's Harrier Guide and follow that for INS alignment. It's the most up-to-date document I know of, and it's very easy to follow. Chuck is a real god-send :thumbup:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Hey Guys,

Make sure you input correct position (last / long) and also set the MVAR (both can be found in the kneeboard). Without it the alignment won’t work correctly.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hey Guys,

Just a guess - It won't align if you've taken the parking brake off.

Perhaps post a track if Chuck's Guide isn't enough.

This was a similar thread :

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3966186#post3966186

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080