Getting low on activations, any way to top up?

Hi,

I reinstalled DCS World after a long time away as my computer has been pretty erratic of late and a new graphics card seems to have sorted it. (My old GPU was overheating, running at around 97C).

However, I find that I have 3 activations left on Black Shark, 2 activations left on A-10 and 5 activations left on FC3.

I read the sticky on this forum and it says that Black Shark will regenerate activations once per month, but if that were the case, I should have a full complement for all my games.

Does it only regenerate if it is installed? I have no plans to reinstall again after this current installation, but I'm concerned that I'm going to get locked out of games that I lawfully purchased.

Can someone please advise?

i5-12400F, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX, MSI RTX4060 8GB, 1TB Corsair Pro NVME.

Finally, I can run DCS!!!

• ED Team

Hi

it only generates more activation's once you get to one activation left

a guide to activation's can be found in the doc folder in your DCS root.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

In short: no you can't top up on activations. But ED has a new DRM scheme for new modules, so maybe it will be retrofitted to the old ones, too and then the de/reactivation pains are gone.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

That would be great as the current DCS process doesn't seem to be 100% reliable. Having just gone through deactivation, reinstall windows, re install DCS and reactivate process and lost activation counts.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Hi

it only generates more activation's once you get to one activation left

a guide to activation's can be found in the doc folder in your DCS root.

Actually, not until you get to zero, and then only after 30 days beyond that point.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• ED Team
Actually, not until you get to zero, and then only after 30 days beyond that point.

I should have read the document again, thanks for the correction

This game also allows Activation's Automatically (“AAA”) technology that enables you to create a new activation once every 31 days. This ensures that you can still play the game, even if Eagle Dynamics no longer exists someday. This function is enabled after all 10 default activation's have been used.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2