[RESOLVED]Anybody Who Can Understand Logs?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you guys think of this cooler?

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/thermaltake_nic_c4/

I hope they build them better than their cases. I had a case of theirs, some years ago, and it was so flimsy and poorly constructed that I never actually installed the components, just sent it back and swore off of the company entirely.

Now that is a cooler I would purchase. I have, or have used, their DH-14, NH-L12, and the NH-U9 models and have always been extremely pleased with them.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I hope they build them better than their cases. I had a case of theirs, some years ago, and it was so flimsy and poorly constructed that I never actually installed the components, just sent it back and swore off of the company entirely.

Check my next post.

Buzz

watch the Noctra NH D15 outperform water cooling.

I have the NH-14 currently with my lowly 3770 and I would buy that DH-15 in a heart beat for my next system upgrade.

The noctua's are good in my book.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

I set the CPU to 4.2 and it made no difference in stutters. In case anybody thought that was the problem.

What I don't understand is why does the P-51 stutter less than the F-15?

Well I do agree with BitMaster on the fact that you should just send it back.. How long have you had it what is the warranty from Newegg??

I would definetely send it back. If you can call ABS and they can not fix your Problem then sending it back is the solution and getting from a more reputable PC builder and I am sure there are a few out there

But more then likely they will not be cheap.. Other then building yourself there are really not many options?? I know you said you are from a smal town but nobody withing 50 miles that is a PC Tech that could build your system after you bought the parts??

EDIT: The only other thing I would suggest is try disabling Hyper threading.. I seen that an issue in the past for some and that fixed it. Not saying that is the problem but it does not cost anything to disable HT ;)

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

I thought I explained why i'm not sending it back.

This system does nothing wrong except handle the heat of a tough test. That can be fixed. You won't find another system with these spes for $1200 which is what I paid.

I blame DCS for the stutters more than I do my system. Lot's of guys with stutters who have high-end systems. I won't delete DCS with hopes they can fix the stutters for everybody. I won't be playing it much meanwhile.

Buzz

http://noctua.at/en/products/cpu-cooler-retail/nh-d15/comp

that is a monster cooler here this may help you determine if it will fit in your case..

Do you plan on Overclocking it to 4.7ghz??

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Wow this thread is really long and I can't be bothered to read all the pages since my last post :)

Have anyone mentioned trying a different audio driver? This can also be the problem, rare, but not impossible.

Also, check your audio output settings. Set it to 16bit 44,100khz if it's not. Anything higher is for music / audio listening and production, not for games.

I've had games that had weird issues if sound in the windows control panel below were not 16bit 44,100khz.

The dialog looks like this:

Cosecant24.jpg

That MB temperature though seems really high...

Edited by chrisofsweden

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

Yes, I already checked that list and it will fit my MB. That's only one of the problems. It also depends on how high my memory is which makes me raise the outside fan to clear it. Then it has to still fit in the case with the fan raised.

No, I have no plans to OC to 4.7. I have it ar 4.2 now and it has all the performance I need for any game I play.

Buzz

I GOT IT!!!!

After all this testing and messing with settings. After 16 pages in my other thread of everybody trying to figure it out..........I got it. The problem is it's good and bad news. It was Trackir 5. I was messing with settings and rebooting a lot. I forgot to turn on Tr and was already in a mission. I said what the hell and flew the mission with the mouse for view. Not one stutter in 15 minutes.

So, my one test that always brought out the worse stutters was with the F-15. Before going into the F-15 mission I hit the high setting for graphics. I didn't touch any settings. I just left it as the high setting sets everything. I went into the F-15 mission using the mouse for viewing again. Not one stutter in 20 min . I was running vsync so fps were nailed on 60 fps and it never moved from it. Temps were 59 max.

So, now I know the problem. How do I fix it? Flying without Trackir sucks. Besides, I paid $140 for it.

Anybody got any ideas?

Glad I didn't send my system back. There's nothing wrong with it.

Edited by BuzzU

Buzz

I find that Vsync lowers my frames by up to 20 fps on times. I prefer not to run it at all.

Some good tips for saving frames;

- turn the shadows setting to the lowest or even better; off.

- turn off your mirrors, they are the biggest hit to frames by far (M key in FC3 aircraft)

- lower the preload radius in settings, there'll be a sweet spot where distance doesn't look blurry but performance is good

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

• ED Team
After all this testing and messing with settings. After 16 pages in my other thread of everybody trying to figure it out..........I got it. The problem is it's good and bad news. It was Trackir 5. I was messing with settings and rebooting a lot. I forgot to turn on Tr and was already in a mission. I said what the hell and flew the mission with the mouse for view. Not one stutter in 15 minutes.

So, my one test that always brought out the worse stutters was with the F-15. Before going into the F-15 mission I hit the high setting for graphics. I didn't touch any settings. I just left it as the high setting sets everything. I went into the F-15 mission using the mouse for viewing again. Not one stutter in 20 min . I was running vsync so fps were nailed on 60 fps and it never moved from it. Temps were 59 max.

So, now I know the problem. How do I fix it? Flying without Trackir sucks. Besides, I paid $140 for it.

Anybody got any ideas?

Glad I didn't send my system back. There's nothing wrong with it.

I merged the thread so we can keep continuity with the problem, good to see you have found the cause

Make sure TrackIR is running with admin permissions

try a different USB port

try updating or re-installing it also if needed

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Al...........Thanks, but fps is not my problem. V sync will run at my monitor resolution. That's 60. I can turn it off and fps will probably be 120 or so, but it's not as smooth when looking around as with vsync.

Stutters is the problem and now I know it's Trackir that's is the problem. I need to figure out a way to use Trackir and not get stutters. I'm messing with it now, but if anybody has any ideas i'd appreciate them.

Buzz

All fixed. Updating the Trackir drivers to the latest one 5.4.2 fixed the stutters. I can't believe how smooth it runs with every graphics setting set to the max. I'm a happy old coot again. Now I feel like I haven't wasted all the money i've spent lately. Maybe i'll get a nights sleep now. :)

Thanks again for all who helped.

Buzz

• ED Team
Thanks, bud. I apologize for blaming DCS as the problem.

Do I get 20 lashes?

Dont worry, the stutter issue is a very difficult issue to pin down, and as I have mentioned before always seems to be different for each user.

p.s my whip is in the wash, you are ok :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

All fixed. Updating the Trackir drivers to the latest one 5.4.2 fixed the stutters.

Thanks again for all who helped.

Really happy for you bud, enjoy that nice system of yours.

As with all things, persistence always wins out.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Wow. GREAT !

Still, on that night, if you remember, we did 1 flight with TiR off and it didnt fix it back then

Makes me happy !

ENJOY :)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

• Like 1

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Wow. GREAT !

Still, on that night, if you remember, we did 1 flight with TiR off and it didnt fix it back then

Makes me happy !

ENJOY :)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I know and that's why I never tried it again. Maybe because you were on with TeamViwer that it had something to do with it.

Buzz

Hey Great News glad you got it all sorted not go do some Tank Busting in that A-10C ;)