notebook/laptop performance

Termix

I used to game on a Sager @ 1080p, 2.4-2.7ghz I7 quad core (don't remember the model) with a 680M. Ran pretty good on higher graphic settings. It's possible to do, just expensive (that was a $2,000, 20lb beast)

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I used to game on a Sager @ 1080p, 2.4-2.7ghz I7 quad core (don't remember the model) with a 680M. Ran pretty good on higher graphic settings. It's possible to do, just expensive (that was a $2,000, 20lb beast)

Don't forget zhu. That was before the graphics updates. It may run on very low settings now. with a good mobile graphics card hard to tell until it is done.

Keeping tabs on this one to see if it is possible.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

As a general tip, you may wish to put Water on Low and Shadows on Flat Only. Also, if the laptop in question has more RAM, max your Preload Radius.

You also might want to use a laptop cooling pad, and make sure that Nvidia Control Panel sets DCS.exe to run at max performance (to avoid throttling.) :)

Come join a passionate community of flight simmers everyday, live at

16hnv2f.png

PC Specs

Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.4GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7

Corsair Vengeance LED 2666MHz 32GB DDR4

H115i 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

EVGA GeForce 980Ti Hybrid (built-in liquid cooling)

EVGA SuperNova 750W 80+Gold

Samsung NVMe 950PRO M.2 SSD 512GBx2

in fact it doesn't matter it's a desktop or a laptop.

it does matters whether or not the performance your cpu and gpu provide are equal on a desktop or laptop.

generally, a laptop provides the same level performance on a much higher expense than a desktop. or vice visa, a much lower performance at the same price of desktop.

if you can afford an expensive laptop with the top-of-the-edge i7 mobile cpu and GeForce mobile gpu, they at least can ensure you a mid-level desktop pc performance. otherwise you just lower your settings cause your laptop is just not that fast enough to your same price desktop.

for dcs, the latest generation i5-7x00 series desktop cpu or i7-7x00 series mobile cpu should handle it well enough. and the latest geforce gtx 1060 desktop gpu and 1070m mobile gpu should crank it well.

RTX 3070

Pretty much. A laptop can do most anything a desktop can provided you throw enough money at it. Although, they rapidly cease being 'laptops' and are more like 'portable PCs' you plug into a wall somewhere.

Don't expect to accomplish much 'high end' gaming on a laptop worth less than $1,000. And don't expect to be able to hit the really demanding games for less than $2,000.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2