Update

Fonz_408

"I wonder what that could be contributed to?"

Error / external cause not related to DCS update / placebo effect / hope triumphing over reality.

You always get a number of this type of post with every update. I have never been able to confirm a difference in fps when I test and compare. Take with a very large pinch of salt.

Well I tested using the exact same parameters before and after the last patch (not today's), because I saw reports of FPS improvements before I got home from work, so I knew I could test it using the same conditions before/after.

Same system, specs, drivers, same mission in DCS, flying over the same location at the same altitude, same speed, looking in the same direction. In VR I went from an average of 33-35fps to about 42-44fps in that specific mission, so gained 25-30% frame rate after last thursday's patch. It was quite noticeable to me. I also ran the mission in those conditions 5x before and 5x again after to confirm that the FPS stayed consistent.

You can believe what you want but *I* and many others *did* get an increased frame rate, not the advertised 50% that Wags previously mentioned, so I doubt we got the full VR optimization, but we definitely got *something* that improved our FPS noticeably.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can believe what you want but *I* and many others *did* get an increased frame rate, not the advertised 50% that Wags previously mentioned, so I doubt we got the full VR optimization, but we definitely got *something* that improved our FPS noticeably.

ED has already confirmed that the VR performance update has not been delivered yet.

One of the other posters quoted above is claiming a 50% increase. Perhaps someone from ED can enlighten us regarding the cause for this putative increase which, up to now, they have not claimed or verified. I won't hold my breath.

Edited by Hippo

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

"I wonder what that could be contributed to?"

Error / external factor not related to DCS update / placebo effect / hope triumphing over reality.

You always get a number of this type of post with every update. I have never been able to confirm a difference in fps when I test and compare. Take with a very large pinch of salt.

There were some gfx memory leaks fixed IIRC and a few other things people attribute this to. It does seem smoother for me as well.

"Video rendering. Eliminated the memory leaks."

Also at a guess, various planes like the F14/f18 got performance eating bugs fixed too.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• ED Team
I do not understand this. Why he says he will be repaired, and he is not. :( And that's how I hoped for the repair of LOFT in Aim-7.

Simply the test team wanted more time to test it and decided to delay it a bit. This happened after my earlier statement.

As for MSI, we are looking into it now. We are unclear why it was not integrated.

Thanks

Did the JSOW's make it? I don't care about MSI, I wanna blow up sams!

Also, Wags, any guess on when the VR update might come?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

My thanks for fixing the dedicated server resource usage, that’s ace

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

• ED Team
@Wags, just for me to set expectations correctly, can we expect a hotfix or just kindly wait 14 days to next OB update?

Not complaining, just asking.

When we have a better idea of what held it up, we can better answer what the wait time will be.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I fundamentally disagree with your point of view as devs, and publisher companies are veering further and further from being consumer centric (look at Epic as the current whipping horse example). While I agree we are owed nothing, we are paying customers who were given a date of expected release (I'll go ahead and pre-empt the "plans change" chant) that fell through. Those things happen but when you also get the "you're impatient, just wait one more week" Cleveland Steamer and then it is missed again, there will be frustration. Overall, the decision to delay another time was a good decision one in my opinion (I'd rather not break the entire game to force a square peg into a round hole just to get a JSOW), but to not expect vocalized disappointment would be kind of odd.

This post should be used in current academia to describe how to write contradictions perfectly. It's a beautiful bag full of them.

A work of art.

Well done mate.

:thumbup: