F-15C Nose wheel wobble and tire blowout during take off role

450Devil

Lately I have experienced several nose wheel tire blowouts when taking off in the F-15. I took a track and that shows the nose wheel wobbling rapidly from side to side as I commence the take off role. The nose wheel steering is disengaged which should mean the nose wheel stays rock steady during the take off role.

Any ideas on how to avoid this problem would be appreciated.

• 1 month later...

In real aircraft one solution to nosewheel shimmy is to apply some forward stick until it's time to rotate. For the F-15 in DCS, I keep the stick neutral until about 150 KCAS and then rotate to about 10 degrees and wait until lift-off. Don't force the jet off the runway or you might stall. Also, make small steering corrections-don't over correct minor deviations.

• 1 month later...

T/O Trim helps too, just make sure to re add the trim reset keyboard command so you can reset the trim after takeoff.

Thanks,
Lt. Commander Jason "Punisher" M

Hardware:
i7 10700K 5 GHz Quad Core, Water-cooled , 32GBs 2400 DDR4 RAM, MSI Intel Z470A GAMING MB, MSI RTX 3080 GPU W/10GBs GDDR6X, 512GB NVME.2 SSD, 1TB NVME.2 SSD, 2TB External SSD, 2 512Gb SSD's & 1 350 Gb HARDDRIVE, WinWing Orion 2 Stick Base and Throttle Base, Quest 2, Windows 11 (64bit)

I also occurs if your wheel brakes are applied :)

Yes, I had to reverse them. lol

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I found that if you let it lift after about 170 mph + depending on weight loadout, etc.. it will stop the wheel problems.. steering too fast on taxi seems a bit conservative,, but it could be my perception. In real life they bug around the taxiways pretty fast, and have pretty good breaks on the aircraft, and can handle corners pretty good for being an aircraft. it just seems in here the tires pop a bit too easy... but that's corners... too much front pressure at high speeds seems like it would blow, but I personally never saw one shred,, plenty of hot brakes for landing though...

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

• 1 year later...
T/O Trim helps too, just make sure to re add the trim reset keyboard command so you can reset the trim after takeoff.

Where is this F-15C Trim Reset command?

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

there isn't one - just like in the real jet

for takeoff, the keyboard command moves the horizontal stabilizer to an incorrect position - best workaround is to pull the stick all the way aft, and return to center ----- if you look over your shoulder, you'll see past the wing trailing edge, the trailing edge of the horizontal stabilzers now

the "correct" position of the horizontal stabilizer is for the leading edge to meet withthe bottom edge of the fuselage, but you can't see that from the cockpit

the keyboard command doesn't put it there

pulling the stick fully aft, then returning to center position achieves this

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 9 months later...