New warping and rubberbanding issues with Update 4

Samoht

The stability and network performance with Update 3 seemed to have been the best I've ever seen it in DCS. That was undone entirely with Wednesday's Update 4.

We're seeing many more instances of lag spikes and warping aircraft in the sky, but especially on the ground. Several player jets are hopping 200 feet into the air over and over. Many are being caught by our taxiway speed enforcement scripts even while they're not moving, as the server thinks they are.

There is no change to the server or Windows installation aside from the new patch being installed.

Aerobatics Online Server Admin

Gaming Rig: i7 7700k @ 4.6, Nvidia GTX-1080Ti, 16GB DDR4, 1TB NVMe SDD.

Hardware: TM Warthog w/ 10cm extension, TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, Obutto r3volution pit, Oculus Rift CV1

The stability and network performance with Update 3 seemed to have been the best I've ever seen it in DCS. That was undone entirely with Wednesday's Update 4.

We're seeing many more instances of lag spikes and warping aircraft in the sky, but especially on the ground. Several player jets are hopping 200 feet into the air over and over. Many are being caught by our taxiway speed enforcement scripts even while they're not moving, as the server thinks they are.

There is no change to the server or Windows installation aside from the new patch being installed.

+1

Correct

It is occurring mainly with Su33 after landing in the carrier, when you taking off all network is affected. And if you make a landing at the airport many times the aircraft is exploding

+1

Correct

It is occurring mainly with Su33 after landing in the carrier, when you taking off all network is affected. And if you make a landing at the airport many times the aircraft is exploding

Same here

i´m having the same problem

Edited by EAKMotorsports
Intel® Core™ i5-2500k CPU@4.20GHz 64 bit operation System Windows 10+ Pro NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - Memory: 16.0 GB - 500gb ssd samsung - Samsung 27"SyncMaster TA550 monitors [SIZE=1][B]- [/B][/SIZE][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]TM Hotas Warthog[/SIZE][/FONT] Trackir4 - TM Rudder Pedals.

I started another thread with this exact issue.

+1

ED's responded to this at any point?

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

Several player jets are hopping 200 feet into the air over and over.

We saw this one in our little friends only session last night. It was the host even, jumping around, while the rest of us clients, saw each other steady and fine.

It had been ok for like 2 hours, and then at some point, he went to grab another Hornet - had grabbed a few already, and he started doing that dance. We had some client disconnects and crashes not long after - no idea if related, and when we connected again, all was fine.

Found a video showing what happened - not my/our recording.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

• 1 month later...

This situation returned to me in full strength. I think it was never this bad.

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

And crashes to menu. Nothing on the log other than

2018-07-21 22:19:25.645 INFO NET: client has stopped

It seems that rubberband just becomes more and more severe, then this happens.

Seems to be much worse since update 7, tbh.

+1

Su 33 -> take off from carrier, landed at airfield, made full stop, warped into air vertically 1000ft, landed again, and again, landed from different direction to a runway, the moment i stopped, simply exploded

Hornet -> take off from airfield, landed on carrier, re-spawn on airfield, simply exploded

AMD FX 8350 4.0Ghz, 16gb DDR3, MSI R9 390, MS FF2 & CH Throttle PRO, track IR 4 & Lenovo Explorer VMR

Not only is it still happening to aircraft on the ground, but now I'm seeing aircraft in the air oscillating up and down. The player it is happening to is completely unaware that everyone else sees him bouncing.

Aerobatics Online Server Admin

Gaming Rig: i7 7700k @ 4.6, Nvidia GTX-1080Ti, 16GB DDR4, 1TB NVMe SDD.

Hardware: TM Warthog w/ 10cm extension, TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, Obutto r3volution pit, Oculus Rift CV1

It's now obvious there's no apparent solution for this.

I tried it all, including running Process Lasso, turning on and off anti-virus, running tools for memory optimization. It's beyond me what I can do any further.

Tried simple missions, complex, loads of planes, just a couple, I cannot enter a multiplayer server and remain there without severe rubberband lag and constant crashes to the menu.

DCS isn't really known for MP stability, but as of late the rubberbanding and warp issues have been worse than at any point during my 7 years of DCS.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

for my opinion I'm little disappointed with the ED team, because they didn't responded by giving a appear, saying we´re know about the problem and we are working on a solution. Or something better alike reverting to the update 3 multiplayer, that was the best MP of DCS out yet.

Intel® Core™ i5-2500k CPU@4.20GHz 64 bit operation System Windows 10+ Pro NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - Memory: 16.0 GB - 500gb ssd samsung - Samsung 27"SyncMaster TA550 monitors [SIZE=1][B]- [/B][/SIZE][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]TM Hotas Warthog[/SIZE][/FONT] Trackir4 - TM Rudder Pedals.

Indeed we are working on a solution.

More over, it's already implemented and will come soon.

Great news, c0ff. Please make it happen as soon as you guys can. I understand this week you are planning the merge with Stable, but please consider a minor hotfix for this specific game breaking issue.

thank you very much for answer. Hopping for hotfix.

Edited by EAKMotorsports

Indeed we are working on a solution.

More over, it's already implemented and will come soon.

Please make this fix available soon, the 104th have the Carrier Wars coming up at the start of August and it would be a shame if it was spoiled by this!

Any word this update will come this week?

Yes, it's coming.

Thanks c0ff

Another quick question. Will this update just fix the rubberband or will it also fix the constant crashes and inability to join servers?

One step at a time, c0ff. We'll take this first one.

Thanks.