** Let There Be Thrust! F-14 Development Update **

Cobra847

Ok thanks,Nick,that is also what I thought,reading the NATOP manual.

Always good to hear facts from airmen.

Cheers.

To see your opponent for who he or she is,is to put your blade in front of their deepest secrets and make them come up front,outward with a defeat or a win.

Yeah, that is an error that escaped editing. One of our SMEs told us that heading out with AICS malfunctions was a big no no, though they would sometimes cheat on cross countries so they wouldn't get stranded. They called it "Stow and go". After take-off they would report the ramp issue and continue to their destination.

But otherwise, stow was only for in-flight malfunctions and they were left in auto for cat launches (though there were rare ramp malfunctions on cat shots that resulted in stalls).

-Nick

AICS failures were quite common usually more computer issues than the actuators, the AICS computers were junk and we would constantly change them, they never really upgraded those computers unlike the SCADC or pitch, roll, and yaw computers.

Hawkeye

VF-213 CO

VCVW-11

http://www.vcvw-11.com

Heatblur F-14 SME

AICS failures were quite common usually more computer issues than the actuators, the AICS computers were junk and we would constantly change them, they never really upgraded those computers unlike the SCADC or pitch, roll, and yaw computers.

Indeed, it was generally a problem with OBC, not the ramps themselves.

-Nick

Indeed, it was generally a problem with OBC, not the ramps themselves.

-Nick

Correct and most of the time it would reset with cycling the associated ramp circuit breaker, if that didn't do it , then time to change the programmer, couldn't tell you how many of those things I had to change over the years lol

Hawkeye

VF-213 CO

VCVW-11

http://www.vcvw-11.com

Heatblur F-14 SME

Good info - cheers. Will be nice to have a bit more depth in systems modelling and failures to monitor during flight.

Interesting that a low oil pressure and oil hot will only result in a possible seizure.

Our sequence of events in all our sim rides was an OIL PRESS light followed by an OIL HOT light followed by an ENGINE FIRE if you didn't sort it out in time....or if your pilot spent the whole time trying to find the OIL PRESS LOW light checklist in his QRH (which had fallen out of his book and was sitting on the sim instructors desk) while ignoring the Flight Engineers strong recommendation to shut the engine down!

He was suitably debriefed that a living breathing FE sitting next to you overrides his little QRH.

Edited by VampireNZ

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

"...shortly"... And now almost 4 weeks since this post. (Or did I miss a more recent update?)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Still, my question remains, did I miss another newer post/thread or not? (Afaik they're not even telling us what they're working on currently)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Although I´m with you in this particular question, I´d highly recommend to delete the text of the second Post you wrote on page 6...Double posts are not really helpful.

According to the question...I´m checking the Heatblur subforums each day for any news since the term shortly is a timeframe I consider somethings to be happen in the very near future...and this is the problem. This very near future furthermore depends on the developers schedule...So we wont get any better estimates or news until the release announcement will finally be made.

I really hope that Heatblur wont stumble on any new problems that will push the release further back.

In DCS soon=months, not soon=years, presale= about 1 month.

you missed a definition for shortly :)...if soon means month, so shortly means weeks, doesn´t it? And (a few) weeks already passed by :D

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Thx very much, the double post happened because android 7.0 chrome browser and this forum software don't go that well together xD sorry!

There's been quite a bit of silence lately, maybe they're brewing something nice...haven't seen any finished textures either, maybe that's what is coming next? I sure hop we won't have to wait until Christmas for the F-14, they've got to be closer than that.

I´m pretty sure that at least at Christmas we´ll know about that :D

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Or there was a huge code loss due to not enough backups, but I highly doubt this scenario.

Or there was a huge code loss due to not enough backups, but I highly doubt this scenario.

Dont paint the Devil on the Wall :ermm:

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Dont paint the Devil on the Wall :ermm:

It is what it is with game-studio-startups nowadays... :dunno:

I like it too xD the Jester AI video already looked like a playable version... I'm surprised it's still taking so long.

Ok, because of Jester AI. But Gazelle is also a complex (and "broken") multiplayer module :P