Wags Hornet Stick

Are there any other photos of the stick? I'm interested if the put the Paddle switch on the bottom of the stick the same as the did with the Arthog.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Does that stick still have the plastic sticky ball configuration? Or has thrustmaster finally built a pivot assembly that matches their prices, hopefully with bearings and metal?

This will ultimately be the deciding factor for me. VKB and VPC aren't that much more cost wise, and the hardware quality is rock solid. I'd rather pay a little extra up front to not have issues down the line (as much as I'd like an authentic f/a-18 grip, I'll take reliablity over authenticity)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

This will ultimately be the deciding factor for me. VKB and VPC aren't that much more cost wise, and the hardware quality is rock solid. I'd rather pay a little extra up front to not have issues down the line (as much as I'd like an authentic f/a-18 grip, I'll take reliablity over authenticity)

Sustain :)

I believe that VKB and VPC will produce an adapter to install on their platforms the TM F18 grip.

i7-6700k (4.7 GHz) // RAM 32 Gb // GTX 1070 // // Windows 10 64-bit LTSB;

VKB Gunfighter Mk2 Pro + VKB MCG Pro // BRD-F1(v.2) // Oculus Rift cv1 // BRD-N(v. №4) // VKB King Cobra MkII Fat // VKB King Cobra MkIII Fat // Saitek X55 // Saitek throttle Quadrant // Microsoft FFB 2 // Saitek X45 // Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog // VKB MK20-3 Pro Pedals // VKB RDRXXI-L // TrackIR 5

Sustain :)

I believe that VKB and VPC will produce an adapter to install on their platforms the TM F18 grip.

VKB already have adapters for the WH grip and in case of VPC it is compatible out of the box, no adapter needed. So if the Hornet grip is compatible with the WH base, we are in a good place.

But what if TM revised the WH base, put in a polished metal gimbal, teflon rings instead of the rubber crap... Now THEN it would be a hard choice.

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

if

i7-6700k (4.7 GHz) // RAM 32 Gb // GTX 1070 // // Windows 10 64-bit LTSB;

VKB Gunfighter Mk2 Pro + VKB MCG Pro // BRD-F1(v.2) // Oculus Rift cv1 // BRD-N(v. №4) // VKB King Cobra MkII Fat // VKB King Cobra MkIII Fat // Saitek X55 // Saitek throttle Quadrant // Microsoft FFB 2 // Saitek X45 // Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog // VKB MK20-3 Pro Pedals // VKB RDRXXI-L // TrackIR 5

VKB already have adapters for the WH grip and in case of VPC it is compatible out of the box, no adapter needed. So if the Hornet grip is compatible with the WH base, we are in a good place.

But what if TM revised the WH base, put in a polished metal gimbal, teflon rings instead of the rubber crap... Now THEN it would be a hard choice.

The VKB adapter goes inside the Warthog grip, replacing the stock threaded interface.

There is a small possibility that it will not fit the F/A-18 grip or that there is no room for the electronics board.

pBabTll-768x576.jpg

fn7dweR.jpg

The only new items were the headset, rudder pedals and f-18 grip on a warthog base

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

So is the stick just an addon to the Warthog HOTAS?

I have an X55 and have been eying a Warthog forever.

Am I missing anything by not having it?

Intel I9 9900K, Asus Prime Z390-P, 32 GB GDDR4, GeForce RTX 2080, 1TB Samsung SDD, TM WartHog, Oculus Rift/TrackIR 5

Products: FC3/F-5/F-16/F-18/F-14/Persian Gulf/Nevada

Well, good enough, for now at least, IMO.

However, as stated in the other thread, I firmly believe that TM needs to act quickly (more quickly ie) due to the success that VKB and Virpil have had, in terms of updating their high end HOTAS. Seriously, it shouldn't take a rocket surgeon (hah) to create an updated gimbal that isn't...the old one...and doesn't suck and fail so rapidly as much as the old one...and build a new HOTAS around that. A nice version similar to what VKB/Virpil have done in the TM housing, even with the same F22 and now F18 stick, and perhaps update the throttle a little bit as well, and they'd be off to the races. I'd buy such a thing, 2 of them, immediately in fact. I'm certain others would as well. This is just the simplest version of what they could do, honestly, they should be able to create something even better - tabarnac mes ami, qu'est-ce qui se passe anyway, wtf over? Get on it, step on "le gas", maintenants, si vous plait.

Anyhow, I'll count myself lucky, buy a couple F18 sticks one available, stick one on one of our T50s probably (don't need no steeeekin adapter, hehe), and one on a Warty base. That'd be good times using it with the Hornet module, big time. Obviously we'll pick up a set of the peds as well, they look really interesting and high grade, I'll look forward to being impressed.

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

The VKB adapter goes inside the Warthog grip, replacing the stock threaded interface.

There is a small possibility that it will not fit the F/A-18 grip or that there is no room for the electronics board.

pBabTll-768x576.jpg

fn7dweR.jpg

Good to know, another reason why I feel I have made the right choice when getting a VPC T-50 base. No adapter needed, highly recommended.

Thanks for showing these pics, I didn't know what the adapter looks like, I have to say I didn't expect it to be this cumbersome.

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Sorry if I missed it, will the F18 grip will be sold separetely without the base so we can swap the A10c stick with an F18 without needing to buy the whole joystick?

any idea of the price?

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Good to know, another reason why I feel I have made the right choice when getting a VPC T-50 base. No adapter needed, highly recommended.

Thanks for showing these pics, I didn't know what the adapter looks like, I have to say I didn't expect it to be this cumbersome.

To be fair, it's not cumbersome. It went in very smoothly and it functions much better than the TM screw-on mechanical interface.

With this interface it's not out of the question to simply swap back and forth between grips according to which plane you want to fly.

I would never consider that with the Warthog.

Sorry if I missed it, will the F18 grip will be sold separetely without the base so we can swap the A10c stick with an F18 without needing to buy the whole joystick?

any idea of the price?

Both questions not officially answered by Tm, but is suggest that this F-18 grip will be available standalone - as add-on for Warthog/Cougar and consequently for VPC/BRD and probable VKB bases.

Comment on Reddit:

"... 2020 Hotas will be totally new, this is a new (F-18 ) grip for the Warthog Hotas.

They said that before amazon was as big, brick and mortar stores weren't too hot on stocking different grips for a niche genre so they didn't make any, even though (Warthog base) it was designed to accept them."

F-18_stick1.jpg

F18stick2.jpg

Edited by Sokol1_br

Wags, I'm sure you're concerned that the Hornet stick may not be working quite perfectly, if you send it to me, I'll give it my opinion and help you out bro. You can even pay the shipping both ways for me helping you out...

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

Tired of previews, trailers, teasers...:yawn:

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

I think that Thrustmaster has really missed the boat on this occasion - I mean, how long since the Warthog release, how long since DCS FA18 was first talked about - they've had ages to get a "simple" stick organised and to miss the (long coming) release of DCS FA18 is pretty pathetic. Their whole "Summer of Flight" theme, or whatever it was, is a missed opportunity for them by failing to have something, anything (even basic details!!) ready for imminent release. They've banged on about the "inter-changeability" of their flight sticks for years, and the ONLY options are the Cougar Flight Stick and the Warthog Flight Stick - so many other options for them - the EASIEST being the FA18 stick - and they've missed it...

That's my 2 cents worth...

Although FA18 hasn't gone GA yet. And probably not for a while. So *technically* TM hasn't missed the "official GA release" of FA18. All (most?) of us just jumped on the early release. Also, there is a danger in that TM WH does have all the buttons that can map as if it were an FA18 stick. It's really a cosmetic/immersion issue than functionality. So I'm sure they had to do some analysis there. TBH, I thought they would make a matching throttle.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I've never seen any data on who prefers more (and more useful) buttons over having a replica stick in hand but of those few virtual pilots I know in the real world the answer is 100% for more (and more useful) buttons. That same small sub sample of virtual pilots when bench racing this question were unanimous in the thought that doing more on the HOTAS was better overall for immersion than having the replica stick but going to the keyboard more often. It's interesting to me that there seems to be a larger percentage here who feel that the replica is far and away a better option. I'm not saying there is a right answer just that I find it interesting that more people on this forum seem to prefer the replica over a more feature rich controller. Perhaps they're just more vocal... *shrugs shoulders*

However that may be I feel the same as some others have posted above, their stuff is getting long in the tooth and I was hoping for an updated HOTAS with contactless sensors and so on, not a yesterdays tech add-on for an existing product that is ancient in gaming dog years.

I've never seen any data on who prefers more (and more useful) buttons over having a replica stick in hand but of those few virtual pilots I know in the real world the answer is 100% for more (and more useful) buttons.

More buttons on the HOTAS makes you more *competitive,* that is why people prefer it. It does not increase the fidelity of simulation, and can even become a kind of negative-training if you need/want to know the aircraft's systems.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

I've never seen any data on who prefers more (and more useful) buttons over having a replica stick in hand but of those few virtual pilots I know in the real world the answer is 100% for more (and more useful) buttons.

An example of this is VKB MCG - although based on existent grip (PAK T50/su-57) was 'tuned' - by players request, to have more buttons/axes.

Or what Real Simulator is making their F-16 grip (Wip), turning press buttons in 5 way HATS.

http://www.realsimulator.com/assets/images/F16-botones.jpg

Or what Thrustmaster did in their F-18 add-on (for Warthog base) grip, ending with the same number of buttons than Warthog grip (19+POV HAT).

The A-10C Handgrip only really resembles the A-10C and F-16 to some extent, So:

For users that are building replica cockpits, DCS: A-10C/FC3/A-10A Users, Will Buy the Hotas,

Other's (F-16) will buy only the stick and likely try to get a used Cougar.

Outside of that, users purchase whatever hotas offers the features they want/like.

Now, the Hornet Handgrip alone will be used for:

DCS F/A-18C

DCS F-15E (In Dev)

FC3 F-15C / Flaming Cliffs

DCS AV-8B (to some extent)

F-15E Mudhen (FSX/P3D)

F-15A (FSX/P3D)

F-15C Eagle (FSX/P3D)

F/A-18C (FSX/P3D)

F/A-18E (FSX/P3D)

AV-8B (FSX/P3D)

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I was looking for a new stick, i might just wait for this. even if it takes a year

Wishlist: F-15E, F-16C, F-4J, F/A-18E, AV-8B II Plus, Su-34

PC: i5 8600k,Gigabyte Ultra durable Z370, Gigabyte Gtx 1070 Windforce, Corsair Vengance 16gb :joystick:

• 3 weeks later...

Firstly, I now have bragging rights to say that I have flown an F/A-18C at the world's largest military airshow (according to Wikipedia) :pilotfly:

For those at RIAT in the UK this weekend, take a look at the Thrustmaster tent.... The person I spoke to said it was still a prototype, but surely it must be getting close to production. Really enjoyed my 10 mins flying with this (and the new rudder pedals):joystick:.

S8QNOSNb.jpgL6cI8P2b.jpgA1m9zhhb.jpg

Edited by BluFinBima

BlueFinBima

Latest Helios Virtual Cockpit Team version of Helios can be found on Github

BlueFinBima Helios YouTube