Warthog HOTAS and T Rudder pedals with DCS

Im having a major problem with my setup, I recently bought the Thrustmaster T rudder pedals to compliment the Warthog HOTAS, when Im flying the A10c or FA18 I find that my pedals control the thrust and Throttles control the rudder, I have been over the control assignments in DCS and saved the profiles before flying and every time I go to fly the same thing happens, I also have the Target software and again that all looks ok, I have also ensured that the inline switch on the rudder pedals is set to flight mode. I'm totally stumped by this and cannot find away to correct it, I have even gone so far as to delete every binding in DCS and then remapped them to ensure I have made no errors, but the same thing happens.

any help would be gratefully received

Windows 10

Intel core I7 9700K

GeForce RTX 2070 Super - 8 GB

32 GB RAM

Yes, DCS has some really sick default settings for known controllers. Go to the options -> F/A18C Controls Sim -> Axis, and clear out all the rudder pedal setting for things like yaw, etc; just leave the settings for the rudder and brakes. Sometimes it doesn't make any difference, but apparently sometimes it does.

Once you've got those erroneous binds cleaned up, you'll be good to go :thumbup:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 4 weeks later...
Im having a major problem with my setup, I recently bought the Thrustmaster T rudder pedals to compliment the Warthog HOTAS, when Im flying the A10c or FA18 I find that my pedals control the thrust and Throttles control the rudder, I have been over the control assignments in DCS and saved the profiles before flying and every time I go to fly the same thing happens, I also have the Target software and again that all looks ok, I have also ensured that the inline switch on the rudder pedals is set to flight mode. I'm totally stumped by this and cannot find away to correct it, I have even gone so far as to delete every binding in DCS and then remapped them to ensure I have made no errors, but the same thing happens.

any help would be gratefully received

Windows 10

Intel core I7 9700K

GeForce RTX 2070 Super - 8 GB

32 GB RAM

I had the same problem and the way to fix it was to go back to my CH pedals.

I had this problem too (I don't use TARGET).

I had to clear the Axis Commands from the "General" section too, as well as the "F/A-18C Sim" section.

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

I had this problem too (I don't use TARGET).

I had to clear the Axis Commands from the "General" section too, as well as the "F/A-18C Sim" section.

^^^ This.

I have ten or fifteen controllers, and even the ones that don't have axis on them get axis assigned to the primary flight controls on every aircraft. It takes a good fifteen minutes to clean up the mess before I can start mapping controllers...on every module.

It's a PITA. DCS has, probably, the best control mapping I've seen in a flight sim, but the ability to mass-assign an entire controller would be nice.

Elimination of duplicate bindings and auto mapping every Hat Switch to views is what would be nice

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Cleaning DCS control options columns and then re-assign, work fine (if the erasing operation is made in every group on controls : all, general, axis commands, ui layer etc.)

Using t.a.r.g.e.t. software, all work fine too (if u keep in mind that exist a device axis number limitation applied by Windows at the virtual devide created by the app)

I personally wont waive to the unique features of t.a.r.g.e.t. (in primis to the gived ability of create commands sequences usable by pressing a button more times, not actually managed by DCS)

To avoid the issue above (too many axis), i leave rudders out of the configuration So, in dcs options, i will found the TM virtual device column and the TM rudder column to setup separatly (instead of above method, is possible include rudders in t.a.r.g.e.t. configuration replacing the toe brakes axis action by a normal on/off button behaviour)