Performance hit with the new cockpit

Hardcard

Fly a different mission ... I tried the A10C REAL, is that the one you are using ?

The 2 on 1 instant action and i couldnt fly it at all ! I flied several others and finally changed the some of the graphic settings from High to Medium,especially the visual range and the cockpit to 512. that made a huge difference, and I dont seem to miss the added whatever the settings gave me ? just a headache (lots of studdering). BTW 60 FPS is not the real test, look outside the aircraft, do a fly by with the ground as the background ( my fave), scan around the ground, use the Mirrors (that I gave up on). The real test is how it looks and feels especially the ability to fly smoothly with that little bit slipperyness you get when everything is working as it was intended... and it doesnt studder as you are lining up for a kill shot !!

I have a $250 graphics NVIDIA GForce (2018) card and 32gig of memory on the mother board.

While I am at it can anyone tell me why the A10C's can keep up with my SU25T at 900knots along the tree tops ? this is in the Dogfight mission under instant action. C'mon !!

Try my settings. I think you'll see that you don't need everythung set to high for this sim to look great.

What are your PC specs and average FPS, if I may ask?

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Finally installed the update. I didn't notice any change in fps. I run effectively 4k, so usually 50-60fps and never below 35 which is similar to before.

Will also say the flood illumination was easily adequate to see on my monitor.

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

Yeah, monitor has no problems holding anywhere above 60 FPS (more often than not - north of 100.)

VR is where most people are reporting large performance hits.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

VR is where most people are reporting large performance hits.

I don't think that's the case.

I'd say that most people are expreciencing a performance hit when compared with the old cockpit...but since they didn't monitor fps before the update (and their beastly rigs can brute-force through anything), they don't see the problem.

In my case, the problem is clear as day:

FC3 -> 60+fps

Mi-8 -> 60+fps

Huey -> 60+fps

Old A10C cockpit -> 60+fps

New A10C cockpit -> 30-40fps (under the same conditions, without tweaking)

Tomcat -> 60+fps

I don't think that's the case.

I'd say that most people are expreciencing a performance hit when compared with the old cockpit...but since they didn't monitor fps before the update (and their beastly rigs can brute-force through anything), they don't see the problem.

In my case, the problem is clear as day:

FC3 -> 60+fps

Mi-8 -> 60+fps

Huey -> 60+fps

Old A10C cockpit -> 60+fps

New A10C cockpit -> 30-40fps (under the same conditions, without tweaking)

Tomcat -> 60+fps

I'm getting the same or similar results. Still tweaking but with limited results.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

Love the new cockpit, but not at the cost of ~20fps.

Anyone else having performance issues with the new cockpit?

Also, is it possible to revert back to the old cockpit?

I have (again) stuttering, an issue which I hadn’t noticed since long and which I have almost forgotten.

Since quite some time all modules are more or less stutter free. Fine, but with the new cockpit old problems are here again.

Besides performance, the new cockpit is almost not usable at night time.

What use is the nice look and appearance of the new cockpit if I can’t see the essential controls at night anymore?

Even with floodlight pushed to max. It has been said that the old floodlight was incorrect.

But what use is it having a correct floodlight which makes the Hog not flyable at night?

Yes, ED please provide an option to roll back the new cockpit to the old one or give us the choice between new and old pit.

Don’t get me wrong. I highly appreciate ED’s efforts to continously improving all modules.

But it shouldn’t be done at the cost of playability.

Function comes before beauty.

No such problems at all here.

Old A-10C cockpit = Solid 60 FPS.

New A-10C cockpit = Solid 60 FPS.

Only issue is far too dark at dusk / night.

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

No such problems at all here.

Old A-10C cockpit = Solid 60 FPS.

New A-10C cockpit = Solid 60 FPS.

Only issue is far too dark at dusk / night.

Please learn, that obviously all issues with the new cockpit update reported here are not affecting everyone equally.

It's maybe related to the different types of hardware they are using.

Some users have difficulties with the nightly cockpit while others say: „I’m fine with it“.

They might have the same professional type of monitor as the ED devs are using.

I only have a semi professional EIZO monitor, obviously a poor man’s monitor.

It’s the same with the performance issues. Some users (as you) report „no performance loss“

while not a few here are mentioning noticeable loss of performance.

What do you suggest should be done?

Listen to the lucky card users or listen to the people who had no problems with the old cockpit - until now?

Hi wernst, either buy better hardware or use my settings...

Settings-AC-2.thumb.jpg.092b49735bbc9bfaa9eb61b8c7d6ed63.jpg

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

Hi wernst, either buy better hardware or use my settings...

Hi ac5, you said earlier: "Only issue is far too dark at dusk / night."

High fps but too dark?

You probably have already "better hardware" and sure did apply your own "my settings", isn't it?

Still some issues? Why? Hmm . . .

My plan for 2020:

I'll have to buy "better hardware" and will apply "ac5 settings" to run the new cockpit update without issues.

But what if . . .?

Happy New Year to all Hog and DCS pilots.

Edited by wernst

Hi ac5, you said earlier: "Only issue is far too dark at dusk / night."

High fps but too dark?

You probably have already "better hardware" and sure did apply your own "my settings", isn't it?

Still some issues? Why? Hmm . . .

My plan for 2020:

I'll have to buy "better hardware" and will apply "ac5 settings" to run the new cockpit update without issues.

But what if . . .?

Happy New Year to all Hog and DCS pilots.

Well, that's it.. the only issue I can not correct is the dark cockpit. All other planes are quite OK.

Happy new year to you...

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

buy better hardware or use my settings...

Buying better hardware just to run a poorly optimized cockpit is misguided at best.

Tomcat has a new and very detailed cockpit, yet runs as it should on older hardware, so it's not a hardware problem (or shouldn't be).

Also, your settings are way too high for people running older hardware (resolution is too high, visib range is too high, shadows are too high, preload radius is set to max, etc.)

@Everyone having issues with the new cockpit

Hydrawind was kind enough to modify and share the old cockpit script files.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=260085

All you need to do is place the contents of the rar file inside x:\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Cockpit and replace all required files (make a backup first, just in case)

I've tested it and works (also passes the integrity check in MP), I'm back on the old cockpit, enjoying proper performance (I couldn't care less about the slightly reduced texture quality :thumbup:)

Edited by Hardcard

400,598 Polys vs 212,179,

Higher Resolution BC7 Compressed Textures vs Lower Resolution DXT Compressed Textures.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

400,598 Polys vs 212,179,

Higher Resolution BC7 Compressed Textures vs Lower Resolution DXT Compressed Textures.

impressive texture specs . . .

. . . but stuttering

. . . nightly cockpit almost not usable because controls are barely visible

spoiling the fun of it.