DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

Cribob, thanks for the update to add the Scooter - much appreciated.

Curious if you have seen where the radio effects and clipping don't work - previous versions worked fine for me, great immersion by sounding more realistic with clicks when I hit PTT, etc., but not in 1.5.5.5 - will check new stable but loved the effects when they worked, not sure if it is on my install or a change in SRS.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

'Gimp | DISCO, CO vVMA-131 Diamondbacks, CSG-1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

i7 8700K | GTX 1070 Ti | 32GB 3000 DDR4

FAA Comm'l/Instrument, FAST Formation Wingman, Yak-52 Owner/Pilot

1.5.6 has broken the Allow Additional Input Devices, so the Samsung Odyssey isnt recognized. Just an FYI
Please post your problem in more detail and your clientlogs.txt on Discord and I can help there. The build only had changes to the network library So DirectX input Is the same.

The allow more inputs option is a risky one, hence the warning, and I can show you how to whitelist a device so it's not needed but I will need the info above.

Discord here: https://discord.gg/Ajzxqxj

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

The SRS GUI does not display on this new release for me. Is there something I'm doing wrong in the install? It IS connecting to the server and functioning but I can't change channels in FC3 aircraft without the GUI.

Thanks

Please go to Discord for support https://discord.gg/Ajzxqxj
Cribob, thanks for the update to add the Scooter - much appreciated.

Curious if you have seen where the radio effects and clipping don't work - previous versions worked fine for me, great immersion by sounding more realistic with clicks when I hit PTT, etc., but not in 1.5.5.5 - will check new stable but loved the effects when they worked, not sure if it is on my install or a change in SRS.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

'Gimp | DISCO, CO vVMA-131 Diamondbacks, CSG-1

Check they're definitely on and if not, please go to discord for support :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having this really weird and incredibly annoying bug. For some transmissions, and it seems totally random, the volume will start low, then increase as the volume grows and grows and grows until incredibly loud. It's in the Skyhawk but no one else I've been flying with seems to have this issue.

I've been having this really weird and incredibly annoying bug. For some transmissions, and it seems totally random, the volume will start low, then increase as the volume grows and grows and grows until incredibly loud. It's in the Skyhawk but no one else I've been flying with seems to have this issue.
I've had one other report on Discord or a similar thing. Only thing I can think of is try disabling the Rx and TX transmission sounds and see if that solves it? I've had issues before where the sound driver sees the pop, and freaks out thinking something is wrong so it does funny things to the audio until the tx/ Rx sound is done.

• 2 weeks later...

After doing some research in this thread I have not been able to find a clear solution to the following problem when trying to configure SRS inputs:

- hardware: Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS

- software: Windows 10 / SRS / VA + VAICOM Pro / Thrustmaster TARGET / Home Frie’s CTS profile for TM hardware and DCS. Everything is up to date.

CTS helps build a complex script according to the settings you specify in it’s GUI, then runs it via TARGET.

TARGET is supposed to aggregate all Thrustmaster hardware inputs into one virtual device, and hide away the various hardware thus aggregated so they don’t interfere with the virtual device.

The issue is, for no apparent reason, it seems that this hiding doesn’t occur in Windows 10...

This hasn’t been an issue until trying to make SRS work, as all I had to do within DCS was to clear out any bindings related to the HOTAS Cougar and focus on the TM Virtual Device only.

So the issue is that when I try to bind my joystick buttons to SRS, it picks up the HOTAS Cougar hardware inputs instead of the TM Virtual Device inputs. I thought this wouldn’t be an issue but unfortunately once the binding is done, pressing the button doesn’t trigger SRS...

More information and screenshots in the following post under the CTS thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3723855&postcount=963

Has anyone had the same issue ?

Any help appreciated :thumbup:

PS I have tried to use the “allow more devices” option and I am running both TARGET and SRS as an admin

Edited by flyingflatfour

I downloaded and installed SRS last night after weeks of contemplating if I would really need it. Install was pretty simple, setting it up and finding others to talk to was just a little bit harder. Someone actually walked me through it using the in-game text chat. I would recommend it for multiplayer comms in dcs.

As someone else suggested earlier it would be great if we could have a way of connecting to a server to test out actually transmitting and receiving to troubleshoot issues with equipment, servers or just shy players.

Hi Ciribob,

Whenever there's a transmission on SRS, my TeamSpeak volume goes down like 50%.

In W10 "Communications" is selected to "Do Nothing" & I've tried everything in TS playback options & W10 sound settings, but no joy.

+Is your Discord invite is not working? I can't get in on your link.

SRS seems to be the reason TS volume goes down, coz it isn't happening with discord.

Any thoughts?

Edited by CoBlue

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

I downloaded and installed SRS last night after weeks of contemplating if I would really need it. Install was pretty simple, setting it up and finding others to talk to was just a little bit harder. Someone actually walked me through it using the in-game text chat. I would recommend it for multiplayer comms in dcs.

As someone else suggested earlier it would be great if we could have a way of connecting to a server to test out actually transmitting and receiving to troubleshoot issues with equipment, servers or just shy players.

Watch Cir's video - He shows a couple servers you can try it on - There are several servers online that use SRS constantly - Their connection information is the the briefing screen prior to going into the server - Jump into any of them and give it a go ;)

B. "Swany" Swanberg

Gigabyte Designare, Intel i9 9900KF (3.6, OC'd to 5.0)

32GB Patriot Viper Steel (black, non-RGB)

OS installed on a Samsung Evo 970 1TB SSD

DCS installed on a Samsun Evo 860 1TB SSD

EVGA 2080Ti 11GB

EVGA Supernova 720p 750w PS

3 Dell S2716DG monitors in Surround mode (7680x1440)

Oculus Rift S VR

Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle and Stick

Thrusmaster Rudder Pedals

assorted button boxes/Arduino boards

All drivers always kept up to date (30 days old, max)

C-101 doesn't connect to SRS.

In last DCS Session i wanted to test the C-101 with SRS but it doesnt work for me.

Any similar results?

Thanks a lot

C101CC doesnt have support yet - C101EB does. It will be available soon :)

After doing some research in this thread I have not been able to find a clear solution to the following problem when trying to configure SRS inputs:

- hardware: Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS

- software: Windows 10 / SRS / VA + VAICOM Pro / Thrustmaster TARGET / Home Frie’s CTS profile for TM hardware and DCS. Everything is up to date.

CTS helps build a complex script according to the settings you specify in it’s GUI, then runs it via TARGET.

TARGET is supposed to aggregate all Thrustmaster hardware inputs into one virtual device, and hide away the various hardware thus aggregated so they don’t interfere with the virtual device.

The issue is, for no apparent reason, it seems that this hiding doesn’t occur in Windows 10...

This hasn’t been an issue until trying to make SRS work, as all I had to do within DCS was to clear out any bindings related to the HOTAS Cougar and focus on the TM Virtual Device only.

So the issue is that when I try to bind my joystick buttons to SRS, it picks up the HOTAS Cougar hardware inputs instead of the TM Virtual Device inputs. I thought this wouldn’t be an issue but unfortunately once the binding is done, pressing the button doesn’t trigger SRS...

More information and screenshots in the following post under the CTS thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3723855&postcount=963

Has anyone had the same issue ?

Any help appreciated :thumbup:

PS I have tried to use the “allow more devices” option and I am running both TARGET and SRS as an admin

Get me on Discord and post your clientlog.txt - i'll help you setup the blacklist and whitelist so SRS either cant see the original device or adds the new device without allow more devices as that can cause issues

The idea is that preview audio gives you all the feedback you need as thats how your transmissions will sound. There is a test server linked in Discord you can also try.

As long as you get 3 green plugs in SRS when you're in cockpit you're good to go! :thumbup:

Hi Ciribob,

Whenever there's a transmission on SRS, my TeamSpeak volume goes down like 50%.

In W10 "Communications" is selected to "Do Nothing" & I've tried everything in TS playback options & W10 sound settings, but no joy.

+Is your Discord invite is not working? I can't get in on your link.

SRS seems to be the reason TS volume goes down, coz it isn't happening with discord.

Any thoughts?

Reduce speaker boost and / or disable the Tx and Rx microphone effects

Yesterday evening in a Huey since quite some time, v1.5.6.0: the radio transmitter selector dial didn't change active SRS radio anymore, could only transmit on default radio but not on the others.

You must've accidentally enabled Allows allow SRS hotkeys - with that on the incockpit settings are ignored and you must use hotkeys.

Discord for support is here: https://discord.gg/baw7g3t

Looked around a bit and couldn't really find a solution to this... HOTAS device not recognized and I'm not able to bind a HOTAS key to the program. I have Allow More Input Device ON as well as Radio switch acts as PTT. The closest thing I've found to a fix is to send the .lua file off and maybe someone could help...

Looked around a bit and couldn't really find a solution to this... HOTAS device not recognized and I'm not able to bind a HOTAS key to the program. I have Allow More Input Device ON as well as Radio switch acts as PTT. The closest thing I've found to a fix is to send the .lua file off and maybe someone could help...

For support please go to Discord : https://discord.gg/baw7g3t

I would first try with allow more inputs off as it can cause issues

New RELEASE Version - 1.5.7.0

Discord: https://discord.gg/baw7g3t Please give feedback and use Discord for support

SERVER OWNERS - You need to open an extra TCP port for SRS to work and its +1 above your normal server port. I.e if you run a server on 5002 you need to open port 5002 and 5003 for TCP

AutoConnect Script must be in Saved GamesDCSScriptsHooks now instead of just Scripts folder. Just create a hooks folder in Scripts folder if you dont have one

KNOWN BUG

If you get lag while using the radio, press L Ctrl + L Shift + L to fix. This is a DCS bug i'm trying to work around and is triggered by pressing L Ctrl + L. It doesn't matter if that key is bound or not, it'll still cause lag when you press it

This release SRS is now digitally signed again thanks to your support through donations! Thank you all :thumbup:

Windows Smart Screen will alert for a week or so and then it should be fine

Changelog

• Updates to add C101CC & EB
  • Added Rescan Inputs button on SRS - allows newly plugged in devices to be used without restarting SRS
  • Addition of Optional Start Menu entries to be added by the installer
  • New Server Side option - Allow Encryption. If its disabled - users cannot use radio encryption (Coalition Security is unaffected). Added to stop abuse / accidental channel blocking

DCS / VR Overlay and Overlay Configuration

The overlay has 3 states, hidden, small & full that you can see by pressing Left Control + Left Shift + Escape by default.

The Full state has a title bar that you can click and drag the window around with. The window position will be saved for when DCS is next opened.

The radio status is removed after 5 seconds if SRS is closed or loses server connection

To configure the overlay hotkey, run DCS once to create a config file in Saved GamesDCSConfig which will look something like so and quit DCS:

config = 
{
   ["mode"] = "minimum",
   ["hotkey"] = "Ctrl+Shift+escape",
   ["windowPosition"] = 
   {
       ["y"] = 342,
       ["x"] = 981,
   }, -- end of ["windowPosition"]
} -- end of config

Edit the "Hotkey" section and add the characters from the keyboard you'd like to use instead. i.e

config = 
{
   ["mode"] = "minimum",
   ["hotkey"] = "Ctrl+Shift+1", -- now uses the combination of ctrl shift and 1 together to toggle
   ["windowPosition"] = 
   {
       ["y"] = 342,
       ["x"] = 981,
   }, -- end of ["windowPosition"]
} -- end of config

Dont forget to restart DCS after editing this file or you wont see the changes.

If you want to remove the overlay entirely and never use it, just delete:

• DCS-SRS-Overlay.dlg
  • DCS-SRS-OverlayGameGUI.lua

In Saved GamesDCSScripts

Preset Channel Configuration

Preset channels can be created for all FC3 aircraft and all expansion radios for Non FC3.

Channel presets are created per Radio - full list of names & frequencies here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tzd996zJ1t0heZ-t1PpL7vNUIZbXl7pI6De0GThN1Qw/edit#gid=1869108790 )

Preset files are named after the radio (no special characters needed & case is ignored) and are text files with a single frequency on each line.

For example, to create a fixed channel list for the first UHF radio in the F15C:

Create a file called ANARC-164 UHF1.txt or anarc164 UHF1.txt where you installed SimpleRadio Standalone (where the client exe is), add frequencies and save.

The file will be automatically loaded when that radio appears on an aircraft. The frequency list can also be manually reloaded with the reload button. The files are per radio not per aircraft.

As always, thanks for the support and let me know if there are any issues!

Dedicated support now available on Discord: https://discord.gg/baw7g3t

Please go to Discord for support

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST RELEASE: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/latest

Video Demo & Installation

Anybody has ideas how to debug the Windows 10 sound architecture when SRS can't initialize? When I click audio preview or try to connect, SRS reports "Problem initialising Audio Input" and suggests it might be a privacy setting problem, then exists. Talked with Ciribob way back and he was helpless with this as Windows doesn't give us any indication what's wrong. Looks like it's seen as a sound application as it briefly appears in the Apps & Volume settings page too.

What I've done so far in trying to fix:

Obviously, check that the microphone privacy setting (Windows messed it up in April update?) is OK

The microphone is selected for the recording device in Windows settings

Edited the registry entry directly

Run as admin

Check that exclusive access to mic is off in sound settings (doesn't work if it's on either)

Installed manually and re-installed

Turn off antivirus

Try different microphones, including one that's analog

Trying with dedicated soundards, the first from 20+ years back is not supported by 64-bit windows, trying to locate the others...

Didn't have Thrustmaster when I started with SRS so probably not that either (some people have had trouble with CH management software etc). Ciribob has tested with the same soundchip that is on my system too...

It's very weird when all other recording software starting from TeamSpeak has basically worked out of the box for decades :huh:

Would it be possible to create a listen-only mode to the software? Currently it kind of degrades its own function by forcing an exit.

Edited by Varis

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

soo this is for the server, right? but what does the client need?

Both. The download includes both server and client files/installers.

The first post is very long, but it should explain everything in great detail.

Basically, for the client, you run the installer, then after that you can start the SRS client, set it up to your liking, find a server to connect to (many MP servers have their SRS IP in the description), and you're good to go! :thumbup:

Okay so i tried it out, but for some reason, this nice tool disables my mouse ingame. So i cannot click anything in the menu anymore. I am using a Thrustmaster Hotas + Rudder + Lenovo Explorer, but I dont think its connected to that

Okay so i tried it out, but for some reason, this nice tool disables my mouse ingame.

That is certainly not supposed to happen.

Never had this problem, nor heard about it.

From Ciribob's signature, this is the link to the Simple Radio Support Group in Discord: https://discord.gg/baw7g3t

Hope you can get it running without issues quickly, because it really is a great tool!

Okay so i tried it out, but for some reason, this nice tool disables my mouse ingame. So i cannot click anything in the menu anymore. I am using a Thrustmaster Hotas + Rudder + Lenovo Explorer, but I dont think its connected to that
Please get me on discord as Yurgon says above. Also make sure allow more inputs is off - it warns about turning it on

I've never had any issues with SRS but since yesterday when others are talking to me their voice starts low and increases in volume until it is so loud its distorted.

Any thoughts on this?

cheers

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR