[SOLVED] FR22 assignment of buttons to mission editor entries

TOViper

Hi folks,

maybe its because I have overseen something somewhere, but I hardly can't figure out how this system is intended to work.

FR22 from cockpit:

FR22.png.6b5d8180a9bea6e976647bc2ddf7d821.png

We have the following buttons in the "base" area (upper area):

A/G, B, C/F, C2, D/E, -, " ", 2, 1, H.

How do they fit to the entries of this dialog here:

ME_radio_assingment.png.03a34e5e0ee5ba8c89cffadac99c37ae.png

Any help around? :helpsmilie:

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

FR22 assignment of buttons to mission editor entries

A to D is local air coordination channels (ie tower, approach, area etc) selected by the right rotary. The number is the same as the airfield reference number, so if the airfield has reference number 9013 then set 13 with the rotary to be able to contact the ATC. Since DCS only has one person to talk to (“ATC”) all these channels gets you to the same entity. Selecting ALLM on the rotary (”allmän” = general) switches the layer so E, F and G is selectable. IRL they where some type of ground control IIRC (I guess national?).

H is the emergency channel, similar to NATO GUARD I believe.

Special 1-3 is some type of extra channels, don’t know what they where used for IRL but it might have been communicating with ground forces or something.

Minus is the manual selector on the front panel.

The left rotary and buttons below are for contacting different flights, you can look up the number in the kneeboard.

Edited by RagnarDa

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Thanks for your very quick answer. Don't want to hold you back from bugfixing my favorite beast, but just for clarification I have to ask in more detail to get it (or not ... :P) .

I think the main point what I am still not understanding is the naming of the buttons. In the mission editor the labels are E, F, G, but on the panel we find "A/G" "D/E", "C/F" ... which confuses me totally.

If I press in the A/G button (and lets assume 9013 is my home base having 13 selected with the base rotary knob), are then channels "A" and "G" open for communication (meaning that I can send/receive to/from channels "A" AND "G")? Or is it just a naming issue, and in reality only one single channel has the name "A/G"? Know what I mean ... ?

These freaking communications chapter in ALL aircraft manuals is something I normally read as the last one ... since I have some kind of "special" talent in not getting out how all works together ... and hating it most. But there is no way around in learning how this beast works :smartass:

What must have you gone through while designing the model ... man ... :huh:

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

If you choose a number with Base Selector -> A, C or D. Fixed airport channels.

If you choose ALLM Base Selector -> G, F or E. These can be adjusted in the mission editor.

Think I got it now, thanks pal!!

my computer:

Is it correct to say that the wingman (or wingmen) are always and only(!) listening/talking to "special channel 1"?

my computer: