MiG-19 3D model errors

RHO

Since MiG-19 is going to be released soon I wanted to point out some 3D model inaccuracies ie. incorrect shape of wing-fuselage fairing.

1435737046_Migwingfairing.thumb.png.372ece990bfd022668bfdb23bc04f5f2.png

I know the 3D model may be still WIP. The reason why I’m pointing that out is because both M2000 and Harrier 3D models have their inaccuracies still not corrected since release and I’m hoping it won't be the case with MiG.

Why oh why does every post on model errors compare against photos at a different perspective?

Makes them almost impossible to take seriously.

Unfortunately the pics are dead now but in this thread https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=186681 Overstratos is taking measurements of the real thing. In another thread he mentions he has regular access whenever he needs to check something.

Yes it is different perspective but the error is very obvious.

Real fairing is flattened while on the model is arc shape - I've marked panel lines to show it more clearly.

Obviously I have no access to in game 3D model, so I cannot align perspectives, but it does not matter in this case - an arc seen from whatever perspective will never give you shape like on the photo.

Real fairing is flattened while on the model is arc shape - I've marked panel lines to show it more clearly.

Obviously I have no access to in game 3D model, so I cannot align perspectives, but it does not matter in this case - an arc seen from whatever perspective will never give you shape like on the photo.

No, the shape on model is wrong if its really fully rounded..

I have parked Mig-19P near my house.

Well, we don't all have MiG-19's parked next to our houses, but comparing the two, they look a bit different, so you're right. Maybe the developer oversaw that or something. I'm sure, he'll look it up though, now that the issue has been posted.

Godspeed, RAZBAM! The critics are only meant for the good, and God bless :thumbup:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

any :D

In Czech is more Mig's graveyards ... (Mig-15,17,19 and 23)

IMG-20170701-153523-HDR.jpg

IMG-20170701-153535-HDR.jpg

Btw as a small child I played in the cockpit Mig-15 and Mig-19, we had them at the playground as climbing frame, it was thirty years ago ..

Any airplanes were placed on playgrounds. :)

For future Mig-23 module I can try post several detailed photos of Mig-23-MLA/UB ..

Edited by Magot

I'm not even saying you're wrong, and in the images you have it does look wrong...

But 2d representations of a 3d object can be deceptive at the best of times.

any :D

In Czech is more Mig's graveyards ... (Mig-15,17,19 and 23)

IMG-20170701-153523-HDR.jpg

IMG-20170701-153535-HDR.jpg

Btw as a small child I played in the cockpit Mig-15 and Mig-19, we had them at the playground as climbing frame, it was thirty years ago ..

Any airplanes were placed on playgrounds. :)

For future Mig-23 module I can try post several detailed photos of Mig-23-MLA/UB ..

Please make a thread with more pictures, especially of Mig 23s. I'm gonna start building a scale model ofone soon, and more reference material is always welcome:)

Is it a museum ? Why are they keeping so many unusable airframes ? Soviet Su-7 are present too :shocking:

This is something like private aircraft graveyard where can enter public.

Planes was there saved before scrap.

I don't know why is there so many airframes. The owner is probably crazy. :D

Please make a thread with more pictures, especially of Mig 23s. I'm gonna start building a scale model ofone soon, and more reference material is always welcome:)

Yep, when will be opened new section Mig-23, I try something post it here.

one next photo: Mig-19P nose detail

IMG-20170701-153948-HDR.jpg

wreck Mig-19S

IMG-20170701-153445-HDR.jpg

Edited by Magot

.. an not much know thing, the ČSLA army (czechoslovak) was trained with the Mig-19 P/PM version attack too against ground targets with the RS-2U / RS-2US AA misilies.

Training was success executed in territory "VVP Kežmarok" in Slovakia.

.. an not much know thing, the ČSLA army (czechoslovak) was trained with the Mig-19 P/PM version attack too against ground targets with the RS-2U / RS-2US AA misilies.

Training was success executed in territory "VVP Kežmarok" in Slovakia.

Have any reports on that? Namely, any info on their accuracy?

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Have any reports on that? Namely, any info on their accuracy?

Reports will be propably only in army archives. I have this info direct from pilot which flew on migs. Targets was cars and light armor like OT-810 (czech version of sdkfz-251 hanomag)

Accuracy is unknown. I try look for in some info in books ..

thanks Magot! please post further pics if you have any more. Love to see these old bird's!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

All I can say is, you are so very lucky to have such numbers of jets close by!

I would’ve loved to have a similar graveyard of any mil jets so close!

Please take many pictures and share, there are a LOT of people who would be excited and happy to see them! Especially modelers!

Incorrect fin airfoil

The fin has looked wrong from the start and I believe some people have already commented on it. Many photos on the internet show how wrong it looks from different angles.

On the bright side, I won't see the fin while flying the MiG-19, so as long as the cockpit, flight model, and systems modeling are fairly correct, this won't be the end of the world. But I don't understand how such an obvious error is allowed to be published before being corrected.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There seem to be 2 different types of fins for the MiG-19P version. One being significantly ticker. Look at the pics below.

attachment.php?attachmentid=202060&stc=1&d=1547435194

attachment.php?attachmentid=202061&stc=1&d=1547435245

That's quite thick isn't it.

Now a screenshot of Razbam's MiG at almost the same angle as the second picture.

49094896_2016204285132866_2252153826364620800_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent.fbru3-1.fna&oh=c9344ee0f4a154c860f42b2afe793ce3&oe=5C9037C4