Unit Inside Moving Zone

Joni

Hi all!

I read a lot of threads about this but i still have some issues sorting this out and i was hoping someone from here can give me a hand.

Im doing some SAR missions in the ocean with the Huey and was trying to place a moving zone to the american carrier so it can transmit on FM and i can find it after retrieving the lost people.

So i set the radio transmissions and they all work fine, the thing is that the transmission doesnt move with the ship, it originates the signal from the ME point.

Any thoughts?

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

I'm not sure why you need a moving zone?

Curious here,,, I had a Moving Zone in a mission and was going to attach it but it isn't used in that mission anymore.

The moving zone is placed off to the side somewhere on the map. It is referenced and attached to a Unit (or Group?) to be able to detect when other units or groups enter it AFAIK.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

I'm not sure why you need a moving zone?

Curious here,,, I had a Moving Zone in a mission and was going to attach it but it isn't used in that mission anymore.

The moving zone is placed off to the side somewhere on the map. It is referenced and attached to a Unit (or Group?) to be able to detect when other units or groups enter it AFAIK.

WC

i want the moving zone so it can move with the ship in which i need to land, the zone is the one that transmits the radio signal so i can navigate and if it doesnt move with the ship i will never find it...

Edited by JohnnyQ

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

can you post a file?

sure, thanks!

note the zone is transmitting on 450 khz ADF and it is supposed to be attached to the ship which is moving.

the signal never moves with the ship :(

unit inside moving zone.miz

anyone? :(

hehe, no problem, thanks!!

:(

I noticed that you had loop set to off. I think that means your .wav file will only play once and then stop.

If you set loop to on what happens?

Plus I noticed you used a continuous action which means the trigger is being evaluated continuously and the sound is attempting to be played continuously.

Try changing it to a switched condition and add a flag that turns on and off maybe timed to the length of your .wav file. I've noticed some strange behavior when you have a continuous trigger with a sound file.

Edited by Sabre-TLA

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

that was a nice try, unfortunately i tried but it's the same, i think the prehistoric code of the current dcs doesnt know that a "moving" zone is transmitting a signal

thanks for your suggestion

Here - this works

Thanks Weta, unfortunately that's not what I was trying to do and certainly dont know how to test it with a SU25 without clickable radios, but I do see it's not what I needed by seeing at the triggers.

You put the player as the unit to trigger.

What I needed was a beacon to stay with a ship so I can find it in IMC.

Thanks for your sugestion!

Hey JohnnyQ,

A couple of posts of mine in this thread link show a technique to get a unit's position and then do something with that (drop off a Stinger team). You may be able to use the position getting part of the script to place a beacon...

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=132583

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

Thanks Weta, unfortunately that's not what I was trying to do and certainly dont know how to test it with a SU25 without clickable radios, but I do see it's not what I needed by seeing at the triggers. You put the player as the unit to trigger.

Yes, but it doesn't matter what triggers the transmission - make it a flag that you set at the begining of the mission - that was just to demonstrate that the zone moves with the boat (you can see the zone moves, because the transmission only happens when you're within 250m of the boat - wherever the boat is) - ie the intention was to respond to this :

i want the moving zone so it can move with the ship in which i need to land, the zone is the one that transmits the radio signal so i can navigate and if it doesnt move with the ship i will never find it...

and demonstrate that:

1/ the zone travels with the boat

2/ the zone can be used to cause a radio transmission

Both of these things happen in that mission.

Which means that for :

What I needed was a beacon to stay with a ship so I can find it in IMC.

you need to change the .WAV to an appropriate file, and set it to loop rather than play once.

In fact - first try it with a long file to reassure yourself the concept works, because (& I'm at work or I'd check) the bug might be that the zone moves, but the beacon doesn't, then set the file to loop

Thanks for your sugestion!

No Probs

Cheers.

Yes, but it doesn't matter what triggers the transmission - make it a flag that you set at the begining of the mission - that was just to demonstrate that the zone moves with the boat (you can see the zone moves, because the transmission only happens when you're within 250m of the boat - wherever the boat is) - ie the intention was to respond to this :

and demonstrate that:

1/ the zone travels with the boat

2/ the zone can be used to cause a radio transmission

Both of these things happen in that mission.

Which means that for :

you need to change the .WAV to an appropriate file, and set it to loop rather than play once.

In fact - first try it with a long file to reassure yourself the concept works, because (& I'm at work or I'd check) the bug might be that the zone moves, but the beacon doesn't, then set the file to loop

No Probs

You're right, the zone moves with the ship, but the transmission doesn't. That was the problem I was having.

I read on another thread that it is a known code limitation where the zone moves but any signal inside won't move at all.

So I guess I'll just have to wait for 2.0 and see if it gets solved.

Thanks everyone!

Problem is, trigger moving zones work as conditions for a unit inside or outside this trigger range. So when you name the trigger to put the NDB in it , there, in actions you never mention that the trigger should be moving in fact there is not any option. I have this problem because I want a transport to drop infantry WHEN they meet another unit. And both are moving. So in the CTTS script the dropzone1 trigger is not moving.

I think you can do this via script, by getting the coordenates of the unit you want, and use it as a moving unit trigger but I don't know how to program Code.

I think you can do this via script, by getting the coordenates of the unit you want, and use it as a moving unit trigger but I don't know how to program Code.

See Post #14.

WC

Thank you!

this is what I meant. But I don't know how to write a single line of lua, Mist or whatever. I understand what Mist is, and all the philosophy of the triggering in DCS but I cannot make them real. I would like to do this...( i will use my own logical code hahahh)

vehicle1=red ground unit (whatever)

vehicle2= blue M113 (transport unit)

drop =moving trigger attached to vehicle2

infantryunit=unit to be transported

So, there we go.

If mist.flagFunc.units_in_moving_zones('vehicle1','vehicle2,1)

Then

mist.teleportInZone('infantryunit'','mist.Getleadpos(vehicle2) , true, 300)

Edited by ESAc_matador