HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

Any more news on the reverb?

Since my card blew on Friday and I can't get RMA approval till Tuesday because the offices are shut over the Easter weekend, it looks like the reverb will be available before I get a new GPU delivered from the vendor and I think I will likely pull the trigger on the Reverb.

A long weekend without my PC is tough, although I fear I have somewhat overcompensated with my alcohol intake.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Beer makes most things better.

I have been checking every couple of days for Reverb news and it has been almost silent across the whole internet since the first reveal at the end of March. The only significant thing that has come out since was the Tested article.

I'm leaning mostly towards the Reverb, but there are too many other possibilities coming this summer to just pull the trigger at the first opportunity, however tempting it might be. I just wish they would get their fingers out and release all the gen 1.5 HMDs and be done with it, then we could just buy the one we like best without all this confusion and speculation.

i7-7700K/Gigabyte RTX2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Sennheiser HD380pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals/Rift CV1

Yeah not much more news. I did sign up for their release announcement which I hasn't come yet. So no real reviews. At the end of the day though, I'd much rather wait to see how it actually runs in DCS though. And the timing of that 50% frame rate improvement will probably be the critical "software side" update that needs to happen first.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I think we will need Sweviver more than ever in the next few weeks, he uses all my favourite sims and always goes into great detail. Glad he's back in the game.

i7-7700K/Gigabyte RTX2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Sennheiser HD380pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals/Rift CV1

Indeed. However as far as I am concerned, both the Valve and the Vive Cosmos are out of the window for now.

I reckon both headsets will be in the £600+ price bracket, roughly in line with the Pimax 5K. The cost of the headset plus the cost of the lighthouses is a step too far for me.

To buy the Vive Pro full kit with lighthouses in the package right now is well over £1200 and I don't see the prices for the new steam headsets being much different.

I can get a £500 spend past the missus, but I think it will take a lot of work to get £800 -850 past her. £1200 and I would be eating out of the dustbin for weeks.

I just don't think mechanical ipd adjustment and better tracking in a roomscale environment is worth double the price.

My ipd is in the ideal range and the tracking of the wmr sets will be fine for DCS.

Wish more news was forthcoming though.

I hate the secretive nature of these "reveals' that we seem to have to endure with any new product these days. I think their marketing people sold used cars on ridiculous finance deals in a previous life.

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

As I said before, HTC Focus is something equivalents Oculus Quest and it is double the price, 800$ vs 400$. So I don't see why will be different with HTC Cosmos compared to HP Reverb. Acer Ojo D I'm not sure but from some announcement will be significantly expensive than 600$ what will be the price for consumer Reverb.

For individual usage, I don't see much difference worth for such a big difference in price. So far Reverb is my favorite and best buy option for such new HMD.

Still a week to go!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

It feels like there is even an NDA regarding when the reviews embargo is going to be lifted. If the Reverb is coming in the next week or so, you would imagine that those in the loop will already have theirs on the bench for testing and writing the reviews. Usually with tech we at least get a date for when the embargo lifts, but for some reason, gen 1.5 VR is total radio silence.

I agree with John Hargreaves. I just finished googling for further news and nothing. The cut off point was just about a month ago and the cut was as sharp as a razor. I believe Tested was the last one and had a little more detail.

Absolutely nothing since, other than the types of speculative YouTube videos that look through content released through other providers and recompile it as their own.

It's as if, as John considers, that the media and content providers are under an NDA.

What has probably happened over the last few weeks, is that the media types have consented to an NDA, HP have sent them headsets for review. Headsets duly reviewed and videos made, ready to be uploaded on the date that HP specified.

I expect late this week to early next week will bring more news. We will probably have more to talk about this weekend.

it's out there.

Not exactly, ‘shipping 1-3 months’!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I think they have problems tuning the headset. Else we would seen more reviews and info by now.

Or maybe they have a NDA that has just not been lifted yet...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

They said the release would be in April. That means it has to be by tuesday if they want to stay true to their word. The blackout is really awkward.

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

I asked yesterday at the Microsoft store about the Reverb... the salesperson had never heard of it. I know first gen WMR were sold there, so I’m left wondering if the business focus of this headset will make it hard to get ahold of.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

It’s up for pre order on amazon. Maybe we’ll see sooner than later

Amazon US, and an extremely vague ‘ships 1-3 months’. Not exactly the promised April release date. Sounds speculative to me. There is definitely something going on here.

I just ordered it from Amazon and it gave me a June 6- June 16 estimate. Though I feel like that is simply being vague and I am hoping its a filler until new information arrives.

I do not understand how the lack of news on this item persists.

I just ordered it from Amazon and it gave me a June 6- June 16 estimate. Though I feel like that is simply being vague and I am hoping its a filler until new information arrives.

I do not understand how the lack of news on this item persists.

Easy - it's not ready yet. Either because the software is too buggy or the hardware production isnt up to speed yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I3570K @ 4.5Ghz, 16Gb DDR3 @ 2400, Vega64 @1080p

Easy - it's not ready yet. Either because the software is too buggy or the hardware production isnt up to speed yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I3570K @ 4.5Ghz, 16Gb DDR3 @ 2400, Vega64 @1080p

Yup, most likely one of these issues. My guess is both...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I'm waiting for this. https://uploadvr.com/samsung-wide-fov-patent/

Maybe by Christmas?

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

Link doesn't work for me .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2