The (re) Making of an A-10C Pilot

Thanks for sharing ... I do own that Campaign, but I havent flown it yet since I'm still learning the A-10C ... I really like to read AARs and yours are very well done, thanks again :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks for sharing ... I do own that Campaign, but I havent flown it yet since I'm still learning the A-10C ... I really like to read AARs and yours are very well done, thanks again :)

Thanks - it is a great campaign to tackle after you do the basic (default) training missions. It focuses on precise flying and incentives to get you to moving around the cockpit a bit quicker. I'm having a great time with it...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Help

Hello chap.

Needing some advice on BFT7. I can do enough to pass the areos, but when i land to get my results, the IP isn't "On the ground". There's not the usual "park here" comment and consequently, i don't get graded and can't advance to mission 8. I'd appreciate you thoughts on this.

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Try a DCS Repair or re-installing the campaign module.

The code hasn't changed in the mission so if the voice overs are not coming up then something has messed up the trigger logic.

Does the same thing happen in the practice mission? The code is nearly identical in both.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

I was wondering, did you have any issues with strange instructions coming up at the wrong points in Mission 9, such as being told to turn towards the airfield just prior to reaching waypoint , and also on the approach for the first landing being told to maintain the pattern altitude and not being able to go below it until after getting the ATC instruction to contact the Tower as I am having these issue sand since you have flown these missions very recently I was wondering if it was just my poor flying.

PS I don't suppose you have any good advice on how to deal with the crosswind on the approach as what with that and the localiser not being close to accurate I am finding it very difficult to complete this mission. Although I notice from your photos on your blog that you were flying the ILS exactly, when I do that I seem to miss the runway as the localiser is off line from the runway. I have tried approaches to Batumi in good weather and the ILS still seems to be off. Any thoughts?

Edited by Sniper_402

Rig:- NZXT H 440 Razer Special Edition Case - Asus Maximum VIII Formula MB -Intel i7 6700K @4.6Ghz - 64GB Corsair LED DDR4 3000Mhz - Samsung 512 GB M.2 (OS & Games) - 2 x 500GB Samsung 750 EVO SSD (Data) - Win 10 Pro 64bit - 12GB Nvidia Titan-X - 3 x Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 2560 x 1440p Monitors - Razer Black Widow Chroma, Naga Epic Chroma, Orbweaver Chroma - TM Warthog HOTAS + 2 x MFCD's - Saitek Pro Combat Pedals - TrackIR 5 w/ProClip - Sades SA-926 Headset - Obutto R3volution Rig :thumbup:

I was wondering, did you have any issues with strange instructions coming up at the wrong points in Mission 9, such as being told to turn towards the airfield just prior to reaching waypoint , and also on the approach for the first landing being told to maintain the pattern altitude and not being able to go below it until after getting the ATC instruction to contact the Tower as I am having these issue sand since you have flown these missions very recently I was wondering if it was just my poor flying.

I did experience the instruction to maintain altitude despite being cleared for the approach. I think I just ignored it and continued down on the ILS. I also flew the mission twice because the first time I was too close to another aircraft on the final approach course which resulted in a go-around on the approach where I was supposed to land. I found that slowing to around 140 way out by the initial approach fix allowed that guy enough time to get down, land, and get out of the way.

I don't suppose you have any good advice on how to deal with the crosswind on the approach as what with that and the localiser not being close to accurate I am finding it very difficult to complete this mission. Although I notice from your photos on your blog that you were flying the ILS exactly, when I do that I seem to miss the runway as the localiser is off line from the runway. I have tried approaches to Batumi in good weather and the ILS still seems to be off. Any thoughts?

I noticed in the practice mission that the wind was really blowing more than for the checkride mission. I'm not sure if there is a random weather generator for the missions or if if they are always the same. I didn't have any trouble with the checkride localizer/glideslope though. So I'm not sure what is going on there.

Well done. Great series.

Just wondering what is the livery you are flying under?

Rig:- NZXT H 440 Razer Special Edition Case - Asus Maximum VIII Formula MB -Intel i7 6700K @4.6Ghz - 64GB Corsair LED DDR4 3000Mhz - Samsung 512 GB M.2 (OS & Games) - 2 x 500GB Samsung 750 EVO SSD (Data) - Win 10 Pro 64bit - 12GB Nvidia Titan-X - 3 x Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 2560 x 1440p Monitors - Razer Black Widow Chroma, Naga Epic Chroma, Orbweaver Chroma - TM Warthog HOTAS + 2 x MFCD's - Saitek Pro Combat Pedals - TrackIR 5 w/ProClip - Sades SA-926 Headset - Obutto R3volution Rig :thumbup:

Well done. Great series.

Just wondering what is the livery you are flying under?

For the Basic campaign, I chose the beautifully weathered looking DT&E Early Test skin by Heater..slightly modified with a Mudspike logo...

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/84638/

1.JPG

For the Advanced campaign, I'm going to use a custom skin created by our friend Komemiute at Mudspike...

d8ab4791e3448af20c48ed8c2cbfe4140a26b7dd_1_690x369.jpg

Edited by BeachAV8R

@Sabre-TLA What are the tolerances for distance and time to the waypoints as I am constant on getting to the first one no problem but the others I am either too early or too late despite using the speed calculated and appearing to be over head the location on the TAD at the right time the FI tells me I am too early or too late.

Also it appears that for the third waypoint you do not get a calculated speed (it didn't happen for Recon Stewart either) is this intentional?

@BeachAV8R did you get the same thing with no calculated speed?

The TOTs are listed in the briefing. The trigger zone is 1000m centered on the waypoint. We have 2 flags that are set 30 seconds before and 30 seconds after the stated TOT.

If you are at the waypoint before the first flag is set (at the waypoint before 30s to TOT) then you are too early. Likewise if you are at the waypoint 30s after TOT then you are too late.

If you stay close to the flight lead he should get you there at the appropriate times.

You can still pass the mission even if you miss a waypoint TOT.

Use the practice mission to determine your spacing behind lead to help with the TOT timings.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates