Setting DDI to Default to Certain Page w/ Weapon Modes, LUA, ??

shnicklefritz

I'm sorry if this is duplicative.

Is there, or does anyone know of, a way to default the Hornet DDI pages to the SA page and radar when selecting AA master mode? Same for the A/G master mode. I would like to default certain pages to display when first selecting the respective modes.

I'm looking for something including, but not limited to, editing the LUA file without disrupting the integrity check and comporting with ED.

If anyone has any suggestions, I greatly appreciate your response.

Thanks,

Shnicklefritz

If you use the AA weapon select modes, they will remember the MFDs that you used the last time you were in that mode. Maybe that will work for you.

Mmm is that is true it has to be a recent addition. At least for me if IIRC everytime you call up a A2A weapon through the Weapon Select Hat in the stick it brings the Stores page to the left DDI no matter what you had before.

Hmm, I may need to check again then. My usual workflow involved going into AMRAAM mode, putting radar on right MFD, RWR on left, setting 80 degrees radar sweep and 80 mile range, pressing the 'SET' OSB.

Then if I were to switch to sidewinders and back to AMRAAM, my screens reset to the way I like them. Maybe the 'SET' OSB is key here.

Falcon 120 is correct.

I think maybe I was not entirely clear in my post.

The issue that I am having is if I select my radar, say, on the right DDI and SA on the left DDI while in A/A mode, if I then go to A/G mode the left DDI switches back to the "stores" page.

So the question was, can you change which "page," be it SA, Stores, HUD, HSI, etc., that defaults on either DDI, so that when select a master mode, i.e., A/G or A/A, those pages will display on the respective DDI's, and again, will be the default page no matter when you jump in the aircraft.

I'm not talking about the "SET" key that saves your radar settings for the different Air to Air weapons modes, 7M, 9M, VISUAL, and GUN.

Any input is appreciated.

IIRC thats a personalized option in the data card. DDI pages ect.

Praise Celestia if that will be possible. I was used to my own DDI/AMPCD setup until ED introduced the thing that when enabling A/G master mode they switch over to some preset pages. I wish I could either set my own or just have an option to disable that. A possibly realistic way to do this via the data cartridge would be preferred.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

IIRC thats a personalized option in the data card. DDI pages ect.
That's a feature on the F-16 (and others, I assume), but I think ED said that the Hornet doesn't have it and the DDI settings according to Mode are hard-coded in the system. I distinctly remember reading this, but of course I may be wrong.

We do lack some HOTAS functions though, such as the ability to switch between the HSI and the SA page on the AMPCD with SCS Down.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

You mean to tell me real hornet pilots struggled with this? The inability to assign pages to master modes?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

You mean to tell me real hornet pilots struggled with this? The inability to assign pages to master modes?
Don't take my word for it, but that's what I remember reading.

IIRC, the idea is that the different master modes bring up the pages you'd want to use in the beginning anyway. For example, if you enter AG, of course you want to set up your AG weapons, same for AA. And in AA, of course you want the radar on your right DDI. The AMPCD is always used for the HSI or the SA page and that changes easily enough with SCS Down, plus, it's not affected by the Master Mode.

And IRL, if you enter the AG mode, you'll do it well in advance of the target and you will probably won't have to exit AG for the duration of the attack. So you start by setting up your weapons and then you can change.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Something I think however we're missing is the ability to use the SCS to get those master mode pages back when in that master mode (and as Harker mentioned the HSI/SA swapping).

I believe for example in A/A master mode, if you got rid of the RDR ATTK on the right DDI, and then did SCS right, the radar should come back up.

voiceattack

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |