Big Helicopters

Prowler111

Big Helicopters  

548 members have voted

1. 1. Big Helicopters

• Yes
    • No

i never saw razbam making helicopter in the past for fsx/fs9, i am not optimist and they have so much todo.

We need a good helicopter maker, we have Gazelle, Huey, Mi 8, ka52, we miss European tigre/nh90/caracal and US one apache/cobra/ch53/uh60.

I read somewhore MI24 project.

Edited by jpbordi

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Always though they would be a great fit for DCS- Lynx and Sea Lynx. Just been retired so not classsified though there is still flying examples. Could have the Lynx with TOW missiles for anti armour and Sea Skua on the Sea Lynx which was an extremely successful anti ship missile which damaged or took out several vessels during the falklands/Gulf War. If torpedos are ever developed, they could crumby that gameplay in.

They can also do cargo, have door gunners and are ideal for multi crew. Plus they are notoriously agile and fast. I

Brainier really.

Modules- F15, F18, Spitfire, Mirage F1, Persian Gulf, Normandy 2.0, Syria, WW2 assets.

"Try to have the same number of landings as you have takeoffs"

• 1 month later...

Once theres room in the pipe, i think a Pave Low variant would be an awesome addition to DCS.

Heavy helos are lots of fun and this one got lots of toys.

Insertion/CSAR (multiplayer) missions with A-10C support on the coming Afghanistan map for example ♥️

Gone for good.

• 3 weeks later...
Once theres room in the pipe, i think a Pave Low variant would be an awesome addition to DCS.

Heavy helos are lots of fun and this one got lots of toys.

Insertion/CSAR (multiplayer) missions with A-10C support on the coming Afghanistan map for example ♥️

I'll second this - MH-53 is out of service too, so possibly less to get in the way. Full TFR & all the fun night-flying stuff *and* a big heavy-lift heli sounds a really fun combo. Sure it's a niche compared to CH-53 or a Chinook, but it's got more gadgets & can still do much the same job. Doesn't fully overlap with the Mi-8 or the incoming Hind, either.

Edited by Richard Dastardly

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

I would love to hear a response from one of the developers. Wondering if this is something that they are strongly considering or if its just an idea that was thrown into the community to see the response would be.

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

We already have the MI-8 as a big, bulky helicopter. Helis are amazing, but I'm personally not too thrilled at the prospect of another fat, basically non-maneuverable rotary wing.

Well, I'd like a Lynx too - a naval one going to be essential for any Falklands asset set anyway ( and please whoever does it get that incredibly angry sound of the older ones ones right, never heared another heli like that ) - but a MH-53 has added value in other areas. I'd agree if whatever heavy heli was just a utility aircraft, given the way the west doesn't really arm heavy helis the same.

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

We already have the MI-8 as a big, bulky helicopter. Helis are amazing, but I'm personally not too thrilled at the prospect of another fat, basically non-maneuverable rotary wing.

I‘ve seen enough CH-53 and CH-47 flying to tell you they are far from non-maneuverable.

Absolutely +1, especially since the MH-53 would fit perfectly with the Tarawa and the Harrier.

CH-46 would be cool also.

vCVW-17 / VF-74

I‘ve seen enough CH-53 and CH-47 flying to tell you they are far from non-maneuverable.

Absolutely +1, especially since the MH-53 would fit perfectly with the Tarawa and the Harrier.

CH-46 would be cool also.

I could not possibly agree more with this sentiment but unfortunately, we will be hard pressed to use the CH-53 on board the Tarawa until either RAZBAM or ED fixes the spawn points for helicopters.

Having said that and knowing the development cycle for something as complicated as the -53 is going to be a long one, I am very hopeful that the problems with helicopter operations on the Tarawa will be fixed by the time the Super Stalion appears. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry, been away from this thread for a bit… what is the verdict on the overwhelmingly favorable pole on big choppers? Wasn’t there a little tease on the 53 somewhere?

Quite some time ago now ( like, 2017? ). I don't think many people are going to turn down a big heli, my personal opinion is that it needs a unique feature though ( hence why I was backing the MH-53 over the CH ). Would put a ( Naval ) Lynx over a big chopper though, myself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The truth of the matter is that if you build it, they will buy! That being said, I would LOVE to see a UH-60 in Blackhawk, Seahawk, Pave hawk, and Jayhawk variants. Be nice to consider some coast guard options for S&R. The differences between variants is relatively minimal. Of course, would love to see the Chinook, CH53, CH46, and even the old MASH Unit CH47 with passenger baskets.

Is it obvious that I am a helicopter guy?

HawgDawg4life of MSFlights.net

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]