Airspeed needle

zero

Now thats what the doctor ordered. Thank You Very Much. TC

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

• 1 month later...

Bumping this, I think its important.

In VR the needle is next to invisible.

MSI Z170A Titanium Edition mobo + 6700K CPU

32 GB G.Skill TridentZ memory 3200 MHz

Sandisk Extreme Pro 256 GB SSD

Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB M.2 SSD (3 GB/s) for DCS and +.

HP ZR24W Monitor, EVGA GTX 1080ti FE

Thrustmaster Warthog, MFG CrossWind rudder...

and Oculus Rift CV1.

The technology has existed for several years using the device force feedback. I myself use 12 years a joystick Microsoft force feedback 2, which is able to the image to add a perception by touch.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

A lot of prop birds are feel and sound flown, so you will surely get used to it.

And that's the problem, DCS is not really on top for these "feels and sound" things. The "state of the plane by sound", for example, I don't get as much as I get it in "that other sim". Impossible for me to describe why. I think really it's a sound thing, "that other sim" is less subtle I guess.

I think ED should boost up the "woossh" and "clangs" when sudden movements occur, as well as the airflow sound change when speed goes up. That could help tremendously. Sometimes the awesome level of DCS FM is lost to the user because of the tiniest thing.

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

« Feel » can mean at least two things; the purely physical feeling of bodily fluids slushing about...and the rapid almost sub conscious evaluation and appropriate reaction to the only inputs we have, sight and sound...without fluids is still part of « feel » of flying in an aircraft.

If you have ever flown as as pilot of any real aircraft, heli or whatever you know the fluids part and both other inputs too.

There is still quite a bit of « feel » in sight and sound conbined to reflexes developped through learning, and succesfully so, to be quite the learning tool.

But you must understand what you are missing in any sim by getting some experience of really flying an aircraft by yourself.

Then, and only then can simulators like DCS really be training tools.

But learning the systems alone will speed you through flight school. In my day (as a student pilot at 17, a long long time ago...), the first time you climbed in the cockpit (Cherokee in my case) was the first time you saw your dashboard...with so many dials...you could only get a pretty bad black and white picture to study...

MSI Z170A Titanium Edition mobo + 6700K CPU

32 GB G.Skill TridentZ memory 3200 MHz

Sandisk Extreme Pro 256 GB SSD

Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB M.2 SSD (3 GB/s) for DCS and +.

HP ZR24W Monitor, EVGA GTX 1080ti FE

Thrustmaster Warthog, MFG CrossWind rudder...

and Oculus Rift CV1.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing this mod Petsild, a great help.

ASUS Maximus X Hero; i7-8700K OC'd @ 5 Ghz; Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 AMP Extreme 8GB; 32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3200Mhz RAM; 500GB Samsung EVO 960 SSD; Warthog HOTAS; Saitek Pro Flight Rudder pedals; HP Reverb VR; Realtus Forcefeel Game Pad running on SimShaker for Aviators software. :thumbup:

If you play with a CV1 you can easily appreciate your approach speed without reading the intruments.

Impossible without a VR headset.

And the art of landing by plane and helicopter is to be able to see the angle of descent and its end point, depending on speed.

You know what you're missing?it's the HUD velocity vector that simbolizes that.

In a warbirds obviously it's a little less easy.

But just as we are in a simulator this speed is very quickly stored. A 3D software has limitations in what it can represent, and even with all the programming tips does not faithfully reproduce the actual flight.

At the end of a moment of play we notice that a certain stability appears at the moment of a particular configuration. And it is always at the moment when the ideal parameters are reunited. It is very sensitive to the landing at because of all the references available.

As our programmer friends have very well represented the sensitivity of the modules to speed, we see very quickly if we hold his glide slope or if it escapes us.

There is no hidden secret in a magic spell coming out of a book to make a successful landing, it's just a matter of training.

Still it is necessary as in real flight to make a number of turn of the tracks with complete landing, to acquire automatisms.To make with engine cut to see the angle of finesse max.

The problem is that few players agree, spend their time playing around an aerodrome to complete their experience, they prefer, and it is normal, to go as quickly as possible in aerial combat.It does not matter if when they back they wallow lamentably on the ground.

Edited by cromhunt

get ikarus and avoid looking everywhere.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• 1 month later...

Thank you Petsild! The IAS needle is finally visible even when it is in the dual scale area.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5