KA50 pro tips requested

So I am curious how this is modeled in DCS, more so how it is modeled for the F-18. I have been trying to be sneak sneaky on enemy positions on growling sidewinders server and those pesky 18's seem to pick me off no problem with 120's at altitude. Even when I think I am in a "safe" spot, super low, terrain masking and in a hover they still manage to find me no problem.

So I am curious how this is modeled in DCS, more so how it is modeled for the F-18. I have been trying to be sneak sneaky on enemy positions on growling sidewinders server and those pesky 18's seem to pick me off no problem with 120's at altitude. Even when I think I am in a "safe" spot, super low, terrain masking and in a hover they still manage to find me no problem.
That is because the AWACS tells them via datalink. AWACS detection seems immune from "minimum" 70 knots unless you're covered behind a hill or something. It can detect you even when you're hovering.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

And I think it was GTharos that said some time ago that "doppler doesn't see you at 70 knots" should be taken out, as it's really a cheat. So, maybe they did.

Anyway, supposedly your heli stands out like a bonfire to dopper radar, IRL. So, there's no hiding from it, unless your behind cover.

This is why I tell people don't ever go high if there's any kind of radar around. Keep behind the trees and buildings, and do popup attacks. Of course, against fighters, even that doesn't help. I've been sniped by 30mm from an A-10 while flying down a road, just above the ground between buildings. The AI in this game can be god like.

You can dodge both the radar and IR missiles if you fly below 7 meters and not on hover, keep moving. I've wasted countless missiles trying to kill pesky Mistrall flying below 7 meters. The only thing that could effectively kill them is with guns but thats not without risks.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

2. Turning off the "flight director" is there a visual indication of this being on/off somewhere? I sometimes forget if I have it on or off.

FD mode gives you manual flight control (unlike AP assisted flght control with FD off), so you don't need to hold down the trimmer to make changes to your flight regime. This is such a huge difference in flying the aircraft that I find it a bit odd that you sometimes don't know wheter you fly in FD mode or not. Anyways, when you activate FD mode, the HUD changes into FD mode as well, which provides you with steering cues. This is a good indicator to check if you're in FD mode or not. The best indicator is still the FD button itself, which lights up when you activate it (well, currently it gets dark instead of lighting up, because of the broken light graphics in the KA-50).

3. ABRIS/NAV.... I'm flying online, so is there any way to import marks from the F10 map like a few other planes can do? I've been punching in waypoints, but its tedious.

No, there's not. The only planes that have such a feature are the ones made by Heatblur (Viggen, Tomcat).

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg