Viper academic videos

JamesRothwell

I don't think it's going to be that early in September, otherwise the academic videos would be well and truly underway. I think the steam date is just a placeholder. I'm sure as they get close to finalising something suitable for beta release a bug or two will appear that will delay their planned date.

But it's certainly soon. Soon enough that we better go to DEFCON 3...

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think we will see the Viper released somewhere between September 1st - 20th. Steam says September 25th and they normally get a DCS module a few weeks later than ED E-Shop release. (Logic don't fail me now)

Fingers crossed the anticipation is KILLING ME! The update on the instructional videos calmed me down a bit though, something to chew on in the meantime.

I cannot wait! Fingers crossed!

:thumbup:

Unfortunately it's likely that logic did fail you, the steam date is just a placeholder :P

Unfortunately it's likely that logic did fail you, the steam date is just a placeholder :P

:cry:

I was not aware of that (heartbroken), haven't been around long enough, a year almost to the day actually. The only module I was around for when it was released which was hotly anticipated was the Tomcat. At the time I didn't realize how long people had to wait for it. I went and bought the Hornet though, wanted smart weapons at the time (SEAD mostly). :P

In hindsight, I should've just gotten the AV8B and the Tomcat but I honestly thought the Viper was two years out when I picked up the Hornet.

:cry::cry:

:cry:

I was not aware of that (heartbroken), haven't been around long enough, a year almost to the day actually. The only module I was around for when it was released which was hotly anticipated was the Tomcat. At the time I didn't realize how long people had to wait for it. I went and bought the Hornet though, wanted smart weapons at the time (SEAD mostly). :P

In hindsight, I should've just gotten the AV8B and the Tomcat but I honestly thought the Viper was two years out when I picked up the Hornet.

:cry::cry:

Why don't you, you know, get them all :D

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Anyone else itching for the first of the Viper academic videos to drop?

YES!

My Hangar: | A-10A | A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B II NA | F-14B | BF-109 K4 | C-101 | F-15C | F-5E II |F-86F | F/A-18C | FW-190 D-9 | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | MI-8MTV2 | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | P-51D | SA342 | Spitfire IX | SU-25 | SU-25T | SU-27 | SU-33 | UH-1H |

My Playgrounds: | Caucasus | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy |

Cockpit: | i7-4790K | EVGA Z97 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB | Samsung EVO SSD | Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S. System | TrackIR 5 |

Does anybody knows when the first video will be released ?

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

Does anybody knows when the first video will be released ?

Yes, in August 2019.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Until ED releases one, everything else is simply conjecture and is part of the problem that makes people become disgruntled, expect too much too soon, and so on and so on. Might not be the easiest thing in the world folks, but keep calm and fly on in something else until that time occurs. Pressure to release typically results in errors, hot fixes and poorer quality of life for those who are trying to use the module/airframe. I dislike that old saying, "Patience is a virtue" but it is true, sadly. The Hornet has been a tough road, and no doubt the Viper will be too - filled with several potholes and stop signs - don't run the stop sign.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

They said the videos would start this week, It's only Wednesday. There's still 2 days left in the week. Have patience peeps, they'll get it out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

From what Matt said in the last fighter pilot podcast 2 days ago, "later this week, if not, next week". A "big orientation of the cockpit" for this first video :)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

From what Matt said in the last fighter pilot podcast 2 days ago, "later this week, if not, next week". A "big orientation of the cockpit" for this first video :)

Link please

(Nevermind I found it. Thanks!)

Edited by Datajack

Intel i7 9700K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E, Zotac GTX 2080 TI AMP, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200mhz, Corsair H60 liquid cooler, EVGA 850W PS, Cooler Master: Master Case H500, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD | Virpil CM2 Throttle, F-16: Thrustmaster F-16/A-10 Stick, F-18: Thrustmaster F-18 Stick | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | G2 Reverb, J-PEIN Desk mount Throttle, VIRPIL VP-L mount Stick, Cougar MFDs, Generic Custom Built Front Panel, Left Panel and Right Panel, 32 Button Steam Deck.

Oh snap, Mr. Wagner in the clutch! Props Matt, to you and the rest of the crew! Bravo.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Wow the Viper pit is looking incredible! Thanks a lot for the vid Wags.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*vid*

What you said there about the IFF panel really got my attention about the things that might come. I hope I'm not interpreting too much into it. :joystick:

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg