Next map after Malvinas

Bagpipe

Is it likely that RAZBAM, following undoubted success of their Malvinas map, may look at modelling an area of Afghanistan?

I can see it making use of alot of their current and future modules and would be extremely popular with the community.

Go on, just say yes :music_whistling:

More desert? ... I'd rather see a Baltic Map, where we can use Cold War jets like Razbam's MiG-19 and MiG-23, and enjoy a different type of terrain.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I would just say: let's wait until we actually have Malvinas map, assets pack and flyable aircraft to play with it.

Then we can worry about the next one :smilewink:

But I'm eager to play on South Atlantic map too !

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I would just say: let's wait until we actually have Malvinas map, assets pack and flyable aircraft to play with it.

But I eager to play on South Atlantic map too !

This!!!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

But I eager to play on South Atlantic map too !

I would even say they obviously have issues finishing / de-bugging their already released modules.Would like to have those getting their numerous bugs fixed (or acknowledged for starters) before we talk about any more new products, be it the Falklands or the F-15e.

Regards,

Snappy

Edited by Snappy

I would even say they obviously have issues finishing / de-bugging their already released modules.Would like to have those getting their numerous bugs fixed (or acknowledged for starters) before we talk about any more new products, be it the Falklands or the F-15e.

Regards,

Snappy

Unfortunately the map designer, modeler and texture artist for the map can't help with the "modules" or would you think a little mountain range across the Mirage's back would benefit the aesthetics?

Ok, jokes aside. The team for the map likely can't help much with coding systems.

They were joining Razbam to develop the map, and 3D assets from what I've read.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Regards,

Snappy

So you'd rather the developers sit idle while waiting for other aspects of code outside their control were put right by ED?

Also, bear in mind that once the 3d modeling is done, the experts in that field are quite unrestricted from starting on the F-15 without any impact on the debugging/coding side of things. Also, a map is not an aircraft, you might have noticed the two things are worked on by entirely diverse skill sets.

So, please don't get snappy. Apply a little grey matter before engaging in pointless sniping.

Yeah the whole RABAM BAD thing is getting pretty lame now folks.

They have explained COUNTLESS times why the unresolved bugs are unresolved and are very clearly communicating on several platforms their current progress and intentions just like any other 3PDev.

Let's all take a deep breath and move on.

RAZBAM - more maps pronto, make them suckers work for their money :P:P:P

Yeah the whole RABAM BAD thing is getting pretty lame now folks.

They have explained COUNTLESS times why the unresolved bugs are unresolved and are very clearly communicating on several platforms their current progress and intentions just like any other 3PDev.

Let's all take a deep breath and move on.

RAZBAM - more maps pronto, make them suckers work for their money :P:P:P

Actually they didn‘t really and if you cared to take a look at the mass of reported and unanswered or not even acknowledged bug reports in the mirage section alone, you’d see that its not lame by now.

And dont even talk about the bug tracker on their homepage please.

Yes the map developers are separate from the aircraft coders, but still razbam doesn‘t give a too good impression of managing and supporting multiple products simultaneously.

Therefore asking for the next map after the Falklands/malvinas is in my opinion well premature, but each to their own.

Regards,

Snappy

Edited by Snappy

Actually they didn‘t really and if you cared to take a look at the mass of reported and unanswered or not even un-acknowledged bug reports in the mirage section alone, you’d see that its not lame by now.

And dont even talk about the bug tracker on their homepage please.

Yes the map developers are separate from the aircraft coders, but still razbam doesn‘t give a too good impression of managing and supporting multiple products simultaneously.

Therefore asking for the next map after the Falklands/malvinas is in my opinion well premature, but each to their own.

Regards,

Snappy

Your opinion.

Just as well i didn't ask you eh buddy?

A little off topic but anyone else find it curious someone from the UK referring to this map as the Malvinas whilst RAZBAM have carefully given it the politically neutral name of "South Atlantic"?

Curious that you refer to Scotland as part of the UK instead of the politically neutral name of "Scotland" :music_whistling:

Curious that you refer to Scotland as part of the UK instead of the politically neutral name of "Scotland" :music_whistling:

Not really as Scotland is part of the UK. There is a reason though RB have called it South Atlantic though as calling it the Falklands or Malvinas is likely to spark a large political argument they don't overly need/want. (Also probably what this thread is at risk of becoming anyway).

I wouldn't expect to see another map until this one has been flashed out. SHAR and Pucara have been confirmed as being worked on and we've seen some base images for the SHAR (very long way off for both).

I'm not sure if it would be worth RB doing a GR3 as well, but a Mirage 3 seemed to be very much on the cards a couple of years ago but seems to have disappeared off the planned list.

Hopefully we'll get more information over all of this over the coming year.

Yeah, I'm glad their artists are busy doing something, making maps and assets seems like good use of their time while the coders try to play catch up on the various modules.

The one other thing on that note that I wonder about is why the pilot bodies are taking so long to get re-done, is it an art issue or is there some coding stuff on that that I'm unaware of.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Your opinion.

Just as well i didn't ask you eh buddy?

Snappy is right. The modules are unfinished and buggy. Nothing is being done, bugs linger for months. I am not buying those maps to fly their buggy modules on them.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

Snappy is right. The modules are unfinished and buggy. Nothing is being done, bugs linger for months. I am not buying those maps to fly their buggy modules on them.

Snappy is going off topic and you are taking it further. This thread is not for whinging about razbam. Please cease & desist :)

Not really as Scotland is part of the UK. There is a reason though RB have called it South Atlantic though as calling it the Falklands or Malvinas is likely to spark a large political argument they don't overly need/want. (Also probably what this thread is at risk of becoming anyway).

I wouldn't expect to see another map until this one has been flashed out. SHAR and Pucara have been confirmed as being worked on and we've seen some base images for the SHAR (very long way off for both).

I'm not sure if it would be worth RB doing a GR3 as well, but a Mirage 3 seemed to be very much on the cards a couple of years ago but seems to have disappeared off the planned list.

Hopefully we'll get more information over all of this over the coming year.

Ok so,

A - You are still calling Scotland part of the UK at the same time as worrying about the thread becoming too politically heated. We're way past that point already mate! Clearly not from around here (UK) :smilewink: :lol:

B - As was mentioned before on several threads, whatever modules they are working on don't really impact the map making as the map guys are a different team/person/persons according to razbam who's job is to make maps for DCS. So i doubt it is beyond the scope of imagination that they may already be looking at another map.

C - GR3 would be kind of awesome, though i really like the idea of twin prop like the Pucara in DCS too. After the mozzie of course

Yeah, I'm glad their artists are busy doing something, making maps and assets seems like good use of their time while the coders try to play catch up on the various modules.

The one other thing on that note that I wonder about is why the pilot bodies are taking so long to get re-done, is it an art issue or is there some coding stuff on that that I'm unaware of.

Yeah, agreed.

Not sure about the pilot bods, i only got the mirage recently so haven't experienced it with the pilot body so not missing anything but would be nice to see a harrier pilot soon. I am sure they will come as RB seem to have alot planned for this year/quarter.

A little off topic but anyone else find it curious someone from the UK referring to this map as the Malvinas whilst RAZBAM have carefully given it the politically neutral name of "South Atlantic"?

To elaborate, i studied the war alot when at secondary school (age 15) and have alot of respect for all the men who fought in the conflict on both sides. I don't have a problem calling it by it's English name or it's Argentine name.

Without going into detail i'm not a fan of Margaret Thatcher either...

To the contrary

Ok so,

B - As was mentioned before on several threads, whatever modules they are working on don't really impact the map making as the map guys are a different team/person/persons according to razbam who's job is to make maps for DCS. So i doubt it is beyond the scope of imagination that they may already be looking at another map.

I would imagine they are looking at the map currently in process rather than "at another one". Frankly I sure hope so, as looking at what was presented so far, we are far away from a completed product that can offer any considerable quality.

One could also argue that quality island map for free is still better than lower quality island that costs $$$, no matter actual island geopolitical status, name, or in fact, if it allows for so called realistic scenarios.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Yeah, agreed.

Not sure about the pilot bods, i only got the mirage recently so haven't experienced it with the pilot body so not missing anything but would be nice to see a harrier pilot soon. I am sure they will come as RB seem to have alot planned for this year/quarter.

The only reason I brought it up was that the m2k had a pilot (a decent one IMO), it was pulled for some mysterious reason. Now we have an update on a new body, they also teased a harrier pilot like nearly a year ago or more too. So I do get that its a complicated project from the art standpoint, but the razbam artists are great and perhaps less overworked than the coders. So, I'm also wondering if there is something code wise that could be holding it up too (animation maybe?).

As for the whole name of the region, I do think Razbam is right to keep it as neutral as possible. Still lots of strong feelings on both sides. And yeah being from Scotland you probably don't care for Maggie much.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Angola or Cold War Germany(east/west) would be a blast.

Too many trees :megalol:

Also for the cold war, way too many cities/details/cars etc not to mention actual unit counts would cripple DCS. I actually think an interesting area could be on the other side of the world near Vladivostok for a hypothetical ww3, you'd get to use the carriers too. That or some bit of the balkans. Though carriers in the adriatic is about as likely as the black sea.

Angola could be interesting but its too big of an area relative to current DCS maps, even if you got around the "tree" problem. Plus while an Africa map could be cool, its not terribly relevant aside from the one small brushfire conflict there. Plus then you get the politics of it too, which well, might as well go balls out and do a Rhodesia map too... Lusaka Tower, this is Green Leader and all that.