Fight's On! DCS: F-14 Update

Cobra847

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait to see cockpit pictures when all textures are done. Your work on both MiG-21bis and Viggen is fantastic!

Thank you!

I think we'll raise the bar significantly higher with the F-14 cockpit. Lots of learning in both the MiG-21 and Viggen cockpit process. Can't wait to get it done. :)

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

You don't like compressor stalls? WTH!

Next are you going to tell me that also don't like traffic jams, burned toast, or syphilis?

-Nick

:megalol:

Well, I can probably get out of 3 of those 4 options.

No one gets out of a compressor stall!! :joystick: :lol:

I actually really want to fly the A model, it would of had some crazy nuances to it that would of made it both a beast and a burden.

Edit: Omg it looks so fun Cobra, incredible work.

Edited by Grundar

Hey Cobra, is the Forrestal-class carrier (or any other working carrier) still in the loop for the F-14 release? And, will it release with or after the F-14?

Modules: too many

System: I7-7700K, GTX 2080 Super, 64GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, 3TB HDD.

I think having the compressor stalls is neat. really, who wants the perfect airplane...hear me out. How many of you bought the huey and it was ****ing hard to fly, and then worked at it and worked at it until one day it clicked and BAM!, you were a Huey pilot and could employ it effectively?

Same thing for compressor stalling Tomcat, it'll make you appreciate mastering it that much more. Any monkey can sit there and yank and bank and just sorta sit on the edge of a blackout with the AoA needle pointing to where it needs to, why not include every nuance in the interest of realism? Earn you wings, don't settle for getting them "handed" to you!

Thank you!

I think we'll raise the bar significantly higher with the F-14 cockpit.

Raise the bar to what? I mean you guys totally destroyed the competition with the Mig21 cockpit, then you proceeded to raise the bar to Sergey Bubka World Record levels with the Viggen!

The other 3rd party developers (not to mention ED) are already green with envy, common Cobra give em a break! :megalol:

• Like 1

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I think having the compressor stalls is neat. really, who wants the perfect airplane...hear me out. How many of you bought the huey and it was ****ing hard to fly, and then worked at it and worked at it until one day it clicked and BAM!, you were a Huey pilot and could employ it effectively?

Same thing for compressor stalling Tomcat, it'll make you appreciate mastering it that much more. Any monkey can sit there and yank and bank and just sorta sit on the edge of a blackout with the AoA needle pointing to where it needs to, why not include every nuance in the interest of realism? Earn you wings, don't settle for getting them "handed" to you!

Like most, I am tempted to just jump in the B and not worry about it. But I think I am going to force myself to start with the A and suffer the consequences of my terrible piloting.

I sincerely hope that the BuddySpike crew puts the F-14A on Red Side for Blue Flag. It would move some more people to that side (desperately needed), and you could have the F-5 v F-14 matchups we've always dreamed of in a nice objective-based mission environment. If they give F-14 to the Blue Side and don't shift F-5 over to Red, I will riot in the streets (after flying my F-14 non-stop for about 5 days or so).

So, question to you all: Who is going to start their cockpit familiarization on final approach to the carrier? "Where's the gear handle? Flaps? Flaps anyone? Why does this guy keep yelling "power" at me? Jester, why do you have your hands on the ejection handles? I've got th" *SLAM* *emergency sirens*

Raise the bar to what? I mean you guys totally destroyed the competition with the Mig21 cockpit, then you proceeded to raise the bar to Sergey Bubka World Record levels with the Viggen!

The other 3rd party developers (not to mention ED) are already green with envy, common Cobra give em a break! :megalol:

THIS. I don't own the Viggen but watching bunyap sims videos about it, I honestly was blown away by the cockpit. It looked(s) picture perfect. "Raising the bar" is something i can't honesty imagine.

Wether it comes at the early release, or later with updates. The competition might have difficulty catching up! :thumbup:

(Well, EDs spit cockpit comes about on par. But still)

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

Thank you!

I think we'll raise the bar significantly higher with the F-14 cockpit. Lots of learning in both the MiG-21 and Viggen cockpit process. Can't wait to get it done. :)

are you kidding? viggen cockpit is almost real and you'll raise the bar "significantly higher " :fear::shocking:

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

So, question to you all: Who is going to start their cockpit familiarization on final approach to the carrier? "Where's the gear handle? Flaps? Flaps anyone? Why does this guy keep yelling "power" at me? Jester, why do you have your hands on the ejection handles? I've got th" *SLAM* *emergency sirens*

Already have. Logged in over 50 carrier landings, a dozen or so in stormy weather, half a dozen at night and a couple in low viz/fog/rain....

THIS. I don't own the Viggen but watching bunyap sims videos about it, I honestly was blown away by the cockpit. It looked(s) picture perfect. "Raising the bar" is something i can't honesty imagine.

Pretty much. I don't have it either, but just looking at the videos.....man, that thing is a work of art. Even a guy like me who has absolutely no interest in the plane is tempted getting it, just because of the sheer quality of how it's made.

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

They´ll ship a simpit made of real old Tomcats with each copy :D

hahaha i thought the exact same thing. if they do it, i would live in that pit :D

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Thank you! :D

We're proud of the Viggen cockpit, but there's still plenty of room for improvement. We developed a few new techniques for the Viggen cockpit that we only applied on a few of its' cockpit parts too, and it's really fun to put them to proper use on the F-14.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

Thank you! :D

We're proud of the Viggen cockpit, but there's still plenty of room for improvement. We developed a few new techniques for the Viggen cockpit that we only applied on a few of its' cockpit parts too, and it's really fun to put them to proper use on the F-14.

:megalol:

Screen_170322_192147.thumb.jpg.31ca30ad2d563d5137adbd88a852ae8b.jpg

CPU: i7-8700K @5200MHz / RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 2x16GB @3500MHz CL15 / MB: ASUS PRIME Z370-A / GPU: ASUS STRIX RTX 2080 / DCS-Storage: Samsung 960Evo 500GB / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog + T.Flight Rudder Pedals

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Brings back fond memories, but I don't remember the HUD being that jittery to update. It wasn't perfectly smooth, but it also didn't bother you at all because you were looking through transparent symbology.

The video made it look quite annoying.

Also don't recall being able to see that much of the horizontal stabilizer in flight. The virtual pilot has to have the stick in his sternum, and alpha off of the charts...

Edit: Could be that the perspective is from the RIO's seat?

There is one little detail about the VDI that if modeled, will proffer an unprecedented amount of detail. The darker green "ground" side of the display had horizontal trapezoid shapes that moved from the horizon towards the bottom of the display (when the aircraft was upright, of course). They were wider at the bottom than at the top, meant to show perspective. The A6 had the same trapezoids, but their display was oblong, like an old color TV set.

We called them, "cow patties". ;)

The HUD will certainly look much more correct once it is complete. Thank you for the input! :)

The "cow patties" are already in and working; but still need quite a bit of work to perfect them.

Since you seem to speak from experience; we'd love to talk more with you! If you're interested in helping us out with some more pilot oriented knowledge, we'd love to hear from you: nicholas.dackard@gmail.com or you can PM me here as well. :)

Thanks!

Nick

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

Dalan, did you mean you've logged real carrier landings, or in the game here?

That's what i was wondering

LOL, i wish. Nah, i was talking about that other sim. I had it mothballed for some 6-7 months as i hadn't really got the time to fly much these days. But i did plug it in last weekend (2 bags, 2 54's, 3 7's and 2 9's, 4000lbs of fuel) and the muscle memory is still there. Took me 4 bolters but i got her down centerlined, 500 ft per minute decent, 6.8 degrees alpha, 128 knots, 4th wire. I know, kinda shallow and iffy but it was 6 months after all.

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

• 4 weeks later...
Will get in touch in a week or so. Extremely busy at the moment.

Flew the F14A for eight years, three cruises, 425 carrier landings on five boats (as we aviators called aircraft carriers to piss off the black shoe Navy).

Trying to find time to get into DCS a bit.

Sweet this is what I love about this community:thumbup:

Can't wait for this to be released best of luck with it guys:)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Flew the F14A for eight years, three cruises, 425 carrier landings on five boats (as we aviators called aircraft carriers to piss off the black shoe Navy).

Awesome. I was a VP guy, but then got a chance to play with CVW-17 and CVW-8 (BG staff and CAG staff) and had a lot more fun! With the name Victory, did you fly with 84/103?

First time I told my dad I was going "out to the boat" he asked (in a smart-aleckey way) if we were trapping on subs now. I told him we referred to the CV as "the boat" to piss off the 'shoes and he cracked up. :D He was old school brown shoe navy (CVA-47).

• Like 1