Missing External Model Parts / Texture from cockpit view

Not a major thing, but I noticed then I leaned over the side of my MiG-21 with my Rift on, that there is only a small part of the model there and textures are missing from it (Standard VVS Grey Skin).

F2 view is perfect for these parts. I was actually standing up when I saw it to get out of my sim chair with my rift still on, so it's not normally seen.

Screen_160723_220300_zps2bp1iaib.jpg

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've noticed the same and reported to Leatherneck already. The feedback was that real pilot can't move his head in the MiG-21 like this in the first place so that it wasn't a big issue, so not sure if they will do anything about it. I agree when canopy is closed you should not be able to stick your head like this, but with canopy open and not strapped in, you might :) so anyway, wait and see.

No longer active in DCS...

I've noticed the same and reported to Leatherneck already. The feedback was that real pilot can't move his head in the MiG-21 like this in the first place so that it wasn't a big issue, so not sure if they will do anything about it. I agree when canopy is closed you should not be able to stick your head like this, but with canopy open and not strapped in, you might :) so anyway, wait and see.

Actually, these texture issues will be fixed- but we might not add the missing fuselage pieces on the sides. Unfortunately the interior model and exterior don't match either, so it's a lot of extra work right now.

EDIT: Yes- unstrapped you could probably lean that far.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

At least an explanation was given, but it does look better completed. You know it will probably keep coming up for all eternity?

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Yeah... But it also is really low priority, since in regular usage it shouldn't even be noticed. Leaning out of the cockpit mid-flight can hardly be called 'standard practice' among Cold War era fighter pilots.

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

+1 on this..... its pretty annoying and no other airplane has this issue.... it should be fixed!!!!!!:music_whistling:

Well, you're not exactly correct on this one. I would say all other planes are like that. When you're in cockpit, in reality you're not in the same 3D model as you see when watching the plane in outside view. For performance reasons, it’s just a truncated model, containing only the parts that can be seen when you're sitting strapped-in. There is no need to send undercarriage or the bottom of plane fuselage to the GPU for rendering as you're never going to see them.

Aside of that, the real problem is not this part not being visible but the fact that you can actually stick your head soo much out of the cockpit during the flight.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

the real problem is not this part not being visible but the fact that you can actually stick your head soo much out of the cockpit during the flight.

That would work for me... when I said fix it I didn't actually mean to add texture on there but fix the head movement of pilot or something anything lol