Can't play anymore after 2.5

CaptainX

Hey guys unfortunately I've been booted from playing DCS until I upgrade my GPU, I have a decent rig (i5 6500 @ 4.4ghz, 24gb ram, m.2 960 evo ssd) but my GTX 970 simply can't handle the game anymore. I tried everything and even on the lowest of the lowest the game is to heavy specially because I play choppers. And honestly its just not worth it to play the game ugly like that, it looks worse than before with all the jaggies and near view.

I get decent performance with jets but I mainly fly choppers so its a bit disappointing, was looking forward to the 2.5 and now I have to wait for the new nvidia card to come out.

These days I feel like all I do is wait a little longer to play DCS, specially with the state of the multiplayer which is 10x heavier.

So I just wanted to know if there's any one out there with a low end gpu that miraculously found a way to play the game.

I have a samsung Odyssey btw.

You could always get a 1080 Ti, initial offerings of the 1100 series probably won't be that much faster.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I have a 980ti and fly in vr.

980 here. ditto. Nice and smooth:thumbup:

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB

CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Elite.

16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive.

SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.

Windows 10 Professional

I have a 980ti and fly in vr.

Me too :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

I’ve found that with the f18 in particular I cannot play dcs in vr, even on low settings. I get 22-30 fps in MP, 1080ti... hope they fix it soon.

Its my experience with the huey and the blackshark. If its an empty scenario I can play, but as soon as shit start happening its just an unplayable ugly mess. :cry:

Weird.

I have really smooth performance in F-18 in quite big missions.

I fly Oculus only.

I can share my settings if someone wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Vive Pro, 7700k, Gtx 1080 here with slight OC. Right now VR is a compromise for me having to tone down graphic setting so much in order to attain decent FPS in MP.

I run with PD 1.4, shadows off, MSSA off, water medium, visibility medium, to get 45 FPS. But it still dips into 30’s with stutters in Dubai and other airport especially Khasab.

With PD less than 1.4 the shimmering is very pronounced unless MSSA is on but that is the FPS killer in VR. Shadows I find is another FPS killer when you fly low against the sun.

But then I find visuals to be so much better on my widescreen monitor and TrackIR is super effective in dogfight allowing you to maintain visual contact without breaking your neck or back in the process.

If I just fly from point A to B then I do VR. But for critical spotting, combat, I find it lacking as I don’t have the hardware powerful enough to fully exploit it. Right now VR to me is like playing FPS shooters with bad graphics, low FPS and poor latency which gives you all the disadvantages in MP.

Don’t get me wrong it is a very cool tech and immersive that is why I got the Vive Pro, but I do think the current GPU is not powerful enough to drive it. May be the combination of next gen GPU, foveated rendering and Vulkan can change all that.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

I’ve found that with the f18 in particular I cannot play dcs in vr, even on low settings. I get 22-30 fps in MP, 1080ti... hope they fix it soon.

I think it's the cockpit shadows. Turn off shadows completely and see if that helps. I believe somebody on Facebook in the DCS Group did this and it worked.

Hope it helps!

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

I'm able to play it just fine at 1080p with most settings quite high. It'd help perhaps to see what settings you're on, as your graphics card trumps mine for performance.

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

I have shadows low, PD 1.4 , terrain shadows flat.

Textures high , water high , heat Blur low, XIV traffic off.

rez of cockpit displays 512 not every frame.

No msaa, AFx4

No mirros

Vis range high, this makes big diffrence , i may try medium. But so far high runs nice.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm able to play it just fine at 1080p with most settings quite high. It'd help perhaps to see what settings you're on, as your graphics card trumps mine for performance.

This is VR users , 2D will run great.

But when you go VR things get hard ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is VR users , 2D will run great.

But when you go VR things get hard ;)

Ah, observation fail. Yeah I'd have no chance going VR with this.

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

About the time 2.5 came out SteamVR turned on SS automatically in the settings. Had my resolution set to 200%. Set it to manual mode, 100%. Make sure that dynamic resolution feature is turned off in the Windows WMR settings. There is also a quality setting in the WMR settings page. Texture quality should be set to performance in the Nvidia settings as well.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground