2dof Motion Reality Chair with DCS

=DECOY=

Thanks for the update and info.

Also, thanks for being a trail blazer using this technology and tweaking the system settings. I may be next.

Trying to understand the surge part. When you are on the runway and go from zero to Afterburners lit, the seat will surge up (vertical up movement) to simulate accel. Similar for decel but with serge down?

Keep us posted on the max bank news (is it for both axes, or just roll?). Maybe a video from take off, dog fight, and landing would be good to show extent of ops and how it performs. Of course I know it will not speak to how it feels in VR and agree once in VR with slight motion the brain is going to do the rest of the work.

No worries :) yes the surge you explained above is correct. i will do a video of this part to show how it woks.

The max bank part is for the roll and pitch, within simtools i can move the platform to its max degree, however within dcs its only uses 80% of the motion. this is the part im tweaking at the moment. hopefully i will get this sorted today :)

I promise i will create a full flight video. but without me in the seat. that way your be able to see the chair movements easier.

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To Ravens

Seriously considering the purchase of this motion simulator and have questions that I can't get clarified from the supplier(s) and your help will be most appreciated.

1. I was told the 2 and 3 DOF units can get very close to a full 20degrees of movement in all directions? Is this the maximum movement you have with your unit?

2. I contacted SIMTOOL as to their support for both DCS 1.5 and DCS 2.0 Open Alpha and also IL2 Sturmovik-BOS, BOM and BOK.

a. It appears their Plugin does work for DCS 1.5 but unclear if it will also work for DCS 2.0 Open Alpha, especially Normandy. Did your SIMTOOL Plugin support both DCS 1.5 and DCS 2.0 Open Alpha?

b. IL2 Sturmovik-BOS,BOM and BOK are also my favored flightsims, next to DCS.

SIMTOOL shows a Plugin for the IL2 Cliffs of Dover but they were non-committal on their

Plugin application for IL2 Sturmovik-BOS,BOM and BOK. Have you been able to setup

these IL2 applications for use with your simulator?

There appears to be an adequate Plugin for WAR THUNDER, which I seldom play.

3. I am not the most computer savy individual and how complex/difficult did you find in making the Plugin applications work correctly?

Would really appreciate your experiences and opinions with these questions as your answer will be the deciding factor for my purchase of the simulator.

Please respond,

Thanks, Jim

Thanks, Jim

Hi Jim I will try and help you out. I will answer as best i can below your questions

1. I was told the 2 and 3 DOF units can get very close to a full 20degrees of movement in all directions? Is this the maximum movement you have with your unit?

A- I haven't measured the exact but it appears I have hit the limit in my latest video, not sure if this helps but i will measure it for you tomorrow:)

2. I contacted SIMTOOL as to their support for both DCS 1.5 and DCS 2.0 Open Alpha and also IL2 Sturmovik-BOS, BOM and BOK.

a. It appears their Plugin does work for DCS 1.5 but unclear if it will also work for DCS 2.0 Open Alpha, especially Normandy. Did your SIMTOOL Plugin support both DCS 1.5 and DCS 2.0 Open Alpha?

A- Yes sir all I did after getting this to work for 1.5 was copy the export file to nttr, this means you can use it within both version's of dcs, with one profile... I too struggled and found the simtools community very unhelpful, but I will simply give you my export files for both, as a extra bit of coding I came across helps make the motion a lot smoother when doing 360 rolls and loops.

b. IL2 Sturmovik-BOS,BOM and BOK are also my favored flightsims, next to DCS.

SIMTOOL shows a Plugin for the IL2 Cliffs of Dover but they were non-committal on their

Plugin application for IL2 Sturmovik-BOS,BOM and BOK. Have you been able to setup

A- I don't use this game I only use dcs BUT if their is a plugin for it. It will work, you can also make tour own plugins aswell; however I havens tried this yet

3. I am not the most computer savy individual and how complex/difficult did you find in making the Plugin applications work correctly?

A- Getting the plug in working was really easy, but getting the axis set up was harder BUT i will help you, I'm happy to use teamviewer and either teach you or do it for you ( I'm no master but I have learnt a lot so far and always willing to help)

I will post the link to the instructions for you, this will ease any concerns with the build and setup of simtools you may have. Just remeber help is always here

Also tomorrow I will upload the full video with

Takeoff

Dog fighting

Landing

It's without me in the chair so you can see the movement with no obstructions.

I am also tempted,

Do you have any idea how the implementation with x-plane is? This is my second most used flight simulator after DCS. Usability with x-plane is important for me.

Also, how do you use your mouse? Is there a place available to place it?

Edited by witwas

I am also tempted,

Do you have any idea how the implementation with x-plane is? This is my second most used flight simulator after DCS. Usability with x-plane is important for me.

Also, how do you use your mouse? Is there a place available to place it?

Hi yes there is a plug in for X-plane with Simotools

in regards to the mouse i use the steering wheel mount (the one with the ravens mouse mat in from of you :)

916559134_thechair.thumb.jpg.717420021f9b867b91581b1309b291c8.jpg

Here is a link for the plugin list https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/simtools-plugins.6227/

Put in my deposit for the chair! Looks like they have high demand now, backorders, and close to a one month wait (I didn't tell them that one month of waiting is nothing for DCS customers :)

Looking forward to your full flight video if you are still able to post. Also, will probably be hitting you up on tips for simtool settings and tweaks.

[sIGPIC] "GOONIE" [/sIGPIC]

"GOONIE"

CSG-1 VFA-25

Put in my deposit for the chair! Looks like they have high demand now, backorders, and close to a one month wait (I didn't tell them that one month of waiting is nothing for DCS customers :)

Looking forward to your full flight video if you are still able to post. Also, will probably be hitting you up on tips for simtool settings and tweaks.

GOOD MAN :) dont worry they said that to me aswell, but didnt take that long to send out.

i will do the video i promise. :)

and you always welcome to ask me anything

So i have just replaced the fans with quieter ones and wow its a MUST DO for this chair, ( i contacted the supplier and it will not effect the warranty so all is good, hopefully they will look into changing the current fans )

replaced with 2 of these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002IG5GYE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the old fan

This is the new fans

I have just placed my deposit for the V2 and am ordering the recommended chair today and will also order the 2 fans from Amazon.
Good man, the fans are a must have. The stock ones are too noisy

I have just placed my deposit for the V2 and am ordering the recommended chair today and will also order the 2 fans from Amazon.

Could I ask what is the recommended chair?

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Ravens, still rocking the chair with DCS, how is the simtools tweaking going? Have you found nirvana with VR and the motion chair?

Yo, Sorry i missed your post. So far i have found a nice smooth set up

since the last update im trying to fix a lurch that now appears on takeoff and well as the spitfire no longer pushing inputs to the chair.

Im going to rerun the patch and see it that fixes the issue :)

Here are the Screen grabs of my Simtools settings if anyone wants to copy what i have, i have also attached my Export file.

Simply place this export.lua into your Saved Games\DCS\Scripts folder (will replace existing, so please make sure you save any exports for tacview,lotac or simtools - i recommend you copy these and place att the end on my export.lua if you wish to use it )

1.JPG.d9c7f49f7d7afbaa2eaeb99a7ebe57cd.JPG

2.JPG.4008158c38dc79be410b76a0121602d1.JPG

3.JPG.659965c8dd999c436dde67af4840a739.JPG

Export.lua

I recommend patching the game before you copy my export.lua into your saved games file. also if you want to use more than one install of dcs then all you have to do is copy this export (or your own) into the other dcs install folders. you dont need to patch each version. it will work with the one dcs patch strangely

Remember if you have simshaker, tacview or lotac in your export Lua, i highly recommend copying them at the bottom on the export file if your using mine. so it will look like this at the bottom

4.thumb.JPG.0e9fb182839e39d6590881f25e8c026e.JPG

Ravens,

Just got notified that my 2 DOF is ready and shipping now.

I also have copied all the info you have posted on the setup and hopefully with that info and your advice I can get up and running.

Fiddlinjim

SWEEEET, if you need any help please ask :)