207 members have voted

1. 1. Caucasus Map Texture DLC by Starway

• $10 at least !
    • $5 at least !
    • not sure.
    • no

3ngzZZt.png

Caucasus Map Texture DLC by Starway

This DLC is a complete retexturing of the existing DCS World Caucasus map to provide a new and improved look and feel. The objective of this DLC is not just to create more modern graphics, but to also make the map more resemble this geographic region. This has been accomplished by basing most of the textures on satellite images of the Caucasus region. Specially, the fields and grass areas much better match this region than the default map textures.

Beyond that, a great deal of time and effort has done into creating new building textures. They are high resolution now and are also based on the actual region. This is also true for the trees, surface textures beneath urban areas, and of course the mountains. These are remarkable changes to giving this map a huge level of improvement.

This DLC also contains features that are less apparent, such as: all the lua files (files for terrain configuration) has been improved, better road textures, updated noise and clutter textures, and the border textures between fields.

Caucasus Map Texture DLC by Starway Features:

– Noise/base textures in for all seasons

– Overall HD building textures for all building except airports

– Completely new field and grass textures for all seasons based on satellite images of the Caucasus region

– Tree textures for all seasons with a volumetric look

– Mountain textures based on satellite images for all seasons

– Distant terrain textures for all seasons

– New textures/noise for all cities, towns, and industrial areas for all seasons

– Border textures for all seasons

– New road textures for all seasons

– Adjusted terrain configuration files

It will cost $ 9.99.

Happy flying!

Starway

Trailer

[ame]

[/ame]

Comparison screenshots

ttK76dT.jpg

ofq88PA.jpg

U3G4jKH.jpg

M2M179d.jpg

9TXBQRG.jpg

EVvwpL3.jpg

C3YSybK.jpg

EVEkKNL.jpg

a53pcjm.jpg

j79WzKe.jpg

Edited by Starway
  • Like 3

System: Intel Core i5 3570K | GTX 980 OC | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | 500 GB SSD

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any work planned regarding night lighting/textures?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

It would be nice to see a comparison between the DLC and the Northern Europe Mod.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Very nice work Starway but as Caucasus is part of the free base game it really should be free. I don't approve of a model where you (ED) sell a cosmetic update for the free map that is meant to bring new customers in.

• Like 1

Great work Starway. :thumbup:

Another day 1 purchase here.........

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

How soon? Anyway, first day buy for me!

I can't tell for sure but the DLC has already been submitted to the team for publication. Means it won't take too long.

Maybe a stupid question but do the new textures have any noticeable impact on frame rate?

No framedrops on my system. I had even better frame rates with the modified config.

Is there any work planned regarding night lighting/textures?

As you can see in the trailer, there are some updated light maps of the buildings included.

It would be nice to see a comparison between the DLC and the Northern Europe Mod.

The new texture set was created from scratch. So there is not much left of the Northern Europe Mod :)