Some addon problems

deviletk

Hi,

Im experience some problems with some addons that i thaught i would ask you LO pros about. I have a sound and texture problem and i know the sound mod problem is because of the mod, but im not sure about the textures, but almost certain. Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this in, but im kinda fresh when it comes to the LO community, and i figured you're the LO old timers and might have heard or stumble onto this yourselves. :)

I installed the RELOADED textures mod wich enhance the ground textures plus airbases, and many times i fly i see that very much of the ground textures havent loaded. So i see very low res ground from a bit away from me and all the way to the end of my view distance. When i come closer it loads into high res, Sometimes it stays like that for a longer time before loading though. Was wondering if this is known and/or if there is something i can do?

Second issue is with Z8 complete soundmod (or zzzz8 lol) where i loose the A/C engine sound (my own) when i go AB. The only way to get my engine sound back is to make F3 flyby camera or F2 and go behind the A/C. Sometimes that doesnt work either though. Same thing here, is this a known issue or is it only me?

LO Vanilla 1.02

CPU: 2.2GHZ X2 AMD

GC: 8800GTS 320MB

SC: Audigy 2

RAM: 2GB

Thank you & regards

Alex

Regards

Alex "Snuffer" D.

AMD FX8350 (8 core) 4.1GHZ ::: 8GB Dominator 1600mhz ::: GTX660 2GB ::: 2xHD ::: 24" ASUS

So i see very low res ground from a bit away from me and all the way to the end of my view distance. When i come closer it loads into high res, Sometimes it stays like that for a longer time before loading though. Was wondering if this is known and/or if there is something i can do?

Thats something to do with the draw distance. It might be the ground precaching range. Theres a third party graphic editor that can be found here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=16466 It might help change the settings that lockon itself doesn't let you change

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

Missing textures could be down to several factors. Indeed the caching (the first page on LoCFG - brilliant program by the way) is where you will see those, set them to the default values and you shouldn't be having a problem. If your still getting issues it might be worth re-installing the mod and maybe a hard drive defrag (pot shot).

If you have used ModMan to install your mod remove it and re-install it, if you haven't used ModMan slap yourself and then copy all the files over again. Also seriosly think about using ModMan for installing your mods. I would recomend you don't use ModMan's graphics settings though, and if you have in the past default everything and re-set it up in LoCFG.

It might also be an issue with memory, but look fine with what you have. There is another mod out that replaces the textures that Reloaded didn't, it might be worth installing that in case the missing textures are problems with compatibility of the different textures. That is just a guess, but it's worth doing anyway.

As for the sound I would check your volume levels, move everything below 100%. Also check your audigy isn't running in in surround if you haven't got surround. Switch all upscaling off if you don't have surround.

Also you don't happen to be going over mach 1 when these sounds disapear do you?

Regards

Paul

• Like 1

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am not 100% sure on this but I believe missing textures starts happeing when TempTexures folder contains many files with high file size and since these are loaded and seen by the game as "priority" it may happen some of the original textures are not loaded due to lack of memory in video card.

No longer active in DCS...

Thanks for all the help guys!

Yes i use modman and i have some addons installed. I never touched modmans gfx settings. And my comp is always tip top ;) defragged and all cleaned up. I was going to post pics about the texture loading problem, and ill do that when i get home in an hour.

LOL about the sound going away... yeah over mach... so its as it should be then i guess hah? Yeah ok, my bad on that one. Does that apply to shooting a missile off too when over mach:ing? Those disapear as well sometimes.

EDIT: Heres a screenshot of the texture problem: http://web.comhem.se/aphex/low_res.jpg

Regards

Alex

Edited by deviletk

Regards

Alex "Snuffer" D.

AMD FX8350 (8 core) 4.1GHZ ::: 8GB Dominator 1600mhz ::: GTX660 2GB ::: 2xHD ::: 24" ASUS

Hmmm that does look like either missing/wrong or unloaded textures. It's not a draw distance issue as the textures are fine infront of the plane.

It doesn't look the same on the other side by any chance does it? As if it's only displaying a cone infront of the aircraft of proper textures?

I questioned the lack of sound over M1, hollywood has taught us to expect something that isn't there.

Regards

Paul

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]