Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

On Persian Gulf map with F14s mission Search and Destroy, carrier doesnt have tacan which is annoying for finding cv and landing, is it possible to add it?

BTW, I fixed my spawning issue, it had to do with custom kneeboards.

I thought it did. Will check.

Wake turbulence seems to have the same intensity regardless of source aircraft size or configuration. It's known to be lethal to Mirages - getting behind, say, a Hornet cornering at 350kts while over that speed yourself is a fast ticket to losing one or both wings.

The Cold War birds are thrown around a bit but I don't think I've seen one rip from it yet.

Will remove.

NOTE:

Very busy in real life these days, folks. You'll have to be patient, please.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

I am for wake staying, unless it affects server performance. Don't think that the server gets that populated or it gets enough aircraft bunched up in one spot to causes issues. Wake is affected by size and weight.

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

I also quite enjoy the wake turbulence as it makes dogfighting more interesting, it does feel at least a little overdone though. In an F16 at max turn rate you will come back into your own wake turbulence after a turn or so :/

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

Wake is only a minor inconvenience to the Cold War birds, unless the 21 now rips from it (I haven't tested). It's stronger than it should be but it's a worse problem in the M2K, which we don't have anymore. Don't feel you have to remove it, Alpen - just brought it up as the topic was mentioned.

I am for wake staying, unless it affects server performance. Don't think that the server gets that populated or it gets enough aircraft bunched up in one spot to causes issues. Wake is affected by size and weight.

It doesn't seem to be affected enough, then - the turbulence that comes off a normal-sized fighter (say, a Hornet or 16) is pretty lethal to a similarly sized jet flying at a similar speed, which doesn't quite seem right. I could be wrong on that, though. The reason the Mirage breaks is because the wake turbulence frequently causes it accelerations exceeding 12G.

Edited by rossmum

It doesn't seem to be affected enough, then - the turbulence that comes off a normal-sized fighter (say, a Hornet or 16) is pretty lethal to a similarly sized jet flying at a similar speed, which doesn't quite seem right. I could be wrong on that, though. The reason the Mirage breaks is because the wake turbulence frequently causes it accelerations exceeding 12G.

That sounds like a Mirage problem, which if I am not mistaken was said to be fixed in some of the patch notes.

I've flown trough plenty of wakes and have not had anything broken

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

• ED Team
Wake is only a minor inconvenience to the Cold War birds, unless the 21 now rips from it (I haven't tested). It's stronger than it should be but it's a worse problem in the M2K, which we don't have anymore. Don't feel you have to remove it, Alpen - just brought it up as the topic was mentioned.

MiG-21 gets yeeted sideways in the wake, so does Su-25. This issue affects all aircraft at this point.

Edited by m4ti140

Try flying in a close formation or take off with others in a formation and see how it goes. I myself haven't noticed anything really to take note of.

I'm busy still in real life. Can't do/fix much these days.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

am I surmising correctly, that JTAC/TacCom can only use vehicles, placed by other players and not preplaced on map by creator?

because even as a TacCom I can order around a Shilka from the map view, but I can't drive it myself as JTAC

i5-2500k/24Gb/MSI GTX1060/Logitech G940/VKB Cobra Z/TM Cougar MFD/VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Throttle/BRD-MS3 Rudder Pedals

FC3/Ka-50/Mi-8/AV-8B/UH-1H/CA/L-39/Yak-52/MiG-21/NS430/

A-4E-C/MB-339

am I surmising correctly, that JTAC/TacCom can only use vehicles, placed by other players and not preplaced on map by creator?

because even as a TacCom I can order around a Shilka from the map view, but I can't drive it myself as JTAC

Mi-8's and UH-1's will have to deploy a JTAC vehicle for you, that's correct. The only mission with a JTAC unit with its own callsign and frequency from start is operation Sneaky Bastards.

Not all units in all missions can be driven or moved around or both. However, that is the case in most missions so that CA users can use the module thoroughly. The units with limitations in that regard are in a way vital for the mission's scenario and/or triggers. Hence the restrictions for CA users on those particular units.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Had an incredible time yesterday, finally figured out how to not be useless in the MiG-19 in Catch Me If You Can and then there was a massive, ~5-6 hour play of Hold The Line. The server was absolutely packed to the gills and didn't empty out until Red finally won, just shy of noon Sydney time. Incredible teamwork from everbody involved and some really unbelievable furballs forming around Blue's middle FARP as both team's GCIs directed fighters to try and get air superiority.

It seems more and more people are starting to try out the server, which can only be a good thing! Even some of the guys I usually see in modern jets are turning up regularly.

The server was absolutely packed to the gills and didn't empty out until Red finally won, just shy of noon Sydney time. Incredible teamwork from everbody involved and some really unbelievable furballs forming around Blue's middle FARP as both team's GCIs directed fighters to try and get air superiority.

It seems more and more people are starting to try out the server, which can only be a good thing! Even some of the guys I usually see in modern jets are turning up regularly.

Yep that session was full on :)

Incredible teamwork from everbody involved and some really unbelievable furballs forming around Blue's middle FARP as both team's GCIs directed fighters to try and get air superiority.

Really positive to hear and I agree. All hail our glorious cold war server overlord Alpenwolf!

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

Had an incredible time yesterday, finally figured out how to not be useless in the MiG-19 in Catch Me If You Can and then there was a massive, ~5-6 hour play of Hold The Line. The server was absolutely packed to the gills and didn't empty out until Red finally won, just shy of noon Sydney time. Incredible teamwork from everbody involved and some really unbelievable furballs forming around Blue's middle FARP as both team's GCIs directed fighters to try and get air superiority.

It sure was!! :thumbup:

I have got the same feeling when it comes to the 19, she sure loves to dance.. but can also easily rip ones head of :noexpression:

Got ton of screens from yesterdays mission, but trying to keep to a maximum of 6 pics on the forum, the rest are on our discord group. Here are 3 additional shots though..

Edited by NELLUS

DEVILS - COLD WAR AVIATORS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Above 800km/h, she shakes violently and sheds parts. Below 800km/h, she stalls out and flicks into spins. At precisely 800km/h she turns like a thing possessed and out-rates F-5s with ease :lol:

Apparently there's an FM issue which means speed bleedoff is too rapid with an AoA above 12 degrees, which means that soon it should be a little more forgiving. Definitely a very challenging bird though.

Any idea when the server will get a restart? The scores are really messed up (get 1 kill you suddenly have 30 or a 1 death and you have 30 etc)

Will do tomorrow morning when the server's not packed.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

I'm back online. Therefore...

Operation Search & Destroy:

- Repetitive triggers fixed. (Must and will be tested online to make sure they work)

- Ground units at the lakes and towns were partially put at new locations.

Operation Sneaky Bastards:

- Triggers fixed.

- Ground units' trigger zones' sizes optimised.

- Sound files converted into smaller files to avoid possible malfunctions with bigger files as it is in DCS.

Operation (... new mission -> still no name ...):

- Work has been resumed as of today.

- Simultaneously, testing has been resumed.

- Should be ready this week or so I hope.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Pretty intense fights tonight on Sneaky Bastards, gg to all ! :thumbup:

@Alpen Nellus told me you were expecting blue tanks to raid Bandar Lengeh but no tanks spawned in there (only a Vulcan). The Challenger Tanks west of Red Farp spawned properly.

Tacview screenshot from beginning of mission attached.

2007638367_Sanstitre.thumb.png.7cf73bdbeabe932aba1a1ff659043ea1.png

Edited by ConkersBFD

Pretty intense fights tonight on Sneaky Bastards, gg to all ! :thumbup:

@Alpen Nellus told me you were expecting blue tanks to raid Bandar Lengeh but no tanks spawned in there (only a Vulcan). The Challenger Tanks west of Red Farp spawned properly.

Tacview screenshot from beginning of mission attached.

That's very strange and frustrating. Why oh why would these tanks just not be there -_-

I mean, they're there from the beginning. They're not activated later on or something. These damn weird bugs...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments