How to set multiplayer to "guns only"?

davebert

Broadly, yes. Can you be a bit more specific about what exactly you're trying to accomplish?

Just having dogfights with some of my team players and want to enforce guns only and no missiles. I guess if everybody just follows the rules it wouldn't be a problem but sometimes people get silly and do silly stuff. This would keep everyone from being able to load up other weapons, mainly AA missiles.

Thanks

Sure; the easiest way would be to limit the ordnance available at the airfield or boat where the players take off from. Click on an airfield or aircraft carrier in the Mission Editor and you'll see an option to manage its warehousing near the bottom of the information. The exact verbiage escapes me but it should be fairly self evident. You can filter ordnance by type and individually limit quantities or simply remove all stores from the field or vessel.

Sure; the easiest way would be to limit the ordnance available at the airfield or boat where the players take off from. Click on an airfield or aircraft carrier in the Mission Editor and you'll see an option to manage its warehousing near the bottom of the information. The exact verbiage escapes me but it should be fairly self evident. You can filter ordnance by type and individually limit quantities or simply remove all stores from the field or vessel.

Perfect. Thank you for the help and info. :thumbup:

DB

Feefi’s solution is the easiest. Another option, which I did recently in mission where I also want no weapons, is I have a script where once the aircraft take off and above 200 ft AGL, the script checks for weapons and then if it finds any, your aircraft explodes and you get a message, “Nice try!”. Perhaps a little overkill, but if people can’t follow the rules, we should be able to have a little laugh on their behalf :)

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

• 2 weeks later...
Feefi’s solution is the easiest. Another option, which I did recently in mission where I also want no weapons, is I have a script where once the aircraft take off and above 200 ft AGL, the script checks for weapons and then if it finds any, your aircraft explodes and you get a message, “Nice try!”. Perhaps a little overkill, but if people can’t follow the rules, we should be able to have a little laugh on their behalf :)

Can I get a copy of that script please? :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
Can I get a copy of that script please? :thumbup:

I did not have a chance to test this after a quick edit for you, but please do give it a shot and let me know if it works or doesn't. This will cause an aircraft to explode if it tries to take off with ordnance. It is self-explanatory to set it up if you open it up and read it. It is a very short piece of code!

Looking forward to your feedback.

Cheers!

OrdnanceCheck.lua

Edited by GTFreeFlyer

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

There was a simple oversight in my previous script I posted. I edited the post above and reattached the now-working script. Apologies.... and enjoy!

And sorry for the double post in the forum. I created a new thread for that script so it may be easier to find for others.

Edited by GTFreeFlyer