[REPORTED]Remove fake reflections cockpits

hazzer

Not sure If I have to request this for all aircraft or not. But For the love of god please get rid of the tacky reflections in the cockpit. It makes looking outside unbearable. It it isn't realistic.

• Like 4

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

+1 for the options - it ideally should extend to all aircraft that have static reflections.

• Like 4

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I hardly notice it so No big deal in VR for me. 

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

How about a global option?

Canopy reflections:
- None (make the fake reflections a separate texture layer, but don't load it if disabled to save resources)
- fake/static/ugly (for the people who like it)
- real time reflection (for everybody with a high end GPU)

It's that easy.

• Like 1

Depends on the aircraft. If you are in the f18 you wont as it has an option to disable. However as with a lot of these product, they get left behind.

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

• ED Team

We do have this reported, I will ask for an update, but can make no promises at the moment. 

• Like 8

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• BIGNEWY changed the title to [REPORTED]Remove fake reflections cockpits
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2020 at 2:07 PM, BIGNEWY said:

We do have this reported, I will ask for an update, but can make no promises at the moment. 

Thing is this is an issue that has been around since the new lighting update... This should've been resolved before it was released. Along with the other lighting issues that came from this it adds to my disappointment. 

• 1 month later...

Bump for this again, we need an option for the a10c II, to turn off the static reflections on the gauges etc, they are horrible in the headset, and make it hard to read the gauges in certain lighting conditions. 

• Like 2

i5-7600K @ 4.8 | 32GB | 1080 | Rift S | TM MFD & WH HOTAS-10mm ext + TFRP

It's a more general lighting issue I think.

I see this as well (non-VR) in multiple modules, if the lighting is just wrong or the sun hits the panel at a specific angle. It just whites out and is totally unreadable.

• Like 1

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."