GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

those are mine for the F18 , i guess we need an independent thread for user profiles

jetseatf18c1.PNG.a95a9bb831daad8e59fef9b24e603850.PNG

jetseatf18c2.PNG.fd27831d7ee80061d0d1b1e5b257117a.PNG

Thanks for the above FoxDelta. I will use these as perhaps a base, I can see why you have accentuated certain actions. Of interest is the Experimental Piston Engine effect under Miscellaneous.

- 'The Dog's Rollocks' - [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] is a water cooled behemoth :

i9 9900K@5GHz/RTX 2080Ti/32 Gb 3600MHz RAM/M.2 NVMe onboard drives/System driving Pimax 5K Plus/TM Warthog/MFG Crosswind/Gametrix Jetseat

Just got my jetseat and its great. But, ill be honest, im not gonna wade through 101 pages of this thread looking for the answer. Are there custom profiles people have come up with for specific planes? Seems like all the default stuff is set for 50.

I`m just wondering is this the model you purchased, https://andres.shop/jetseat/16-64-jetseat-kw-901.html#/30-additional_software_included-none. Previously in Andre`s shop there were the flightsim versions available, but they seem unlisted on the store page atm.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I recently ordered this 'FSE' seat from Andre at the end of July and it arrived 2 days ago. Im very impressed with the quality and I find it a comfortable seat to sit on (based on a 4hr session) - though your bodies "relaxed muscle" (aka fat) will have some bearing on this :)

So far I've used it with DCS (F18/Spit/P51/AV8B) and a racing sim (Assetto Corsa via SimWheels) and its very immersive, though you will need to spend some time tweaking individual feedback to your liking.

It goes without question that Andres support for his software and his seats are unrivalled amongst other companies offering similar products and this was one of the major factors in me purchasing from him with confidence.

I recently ordered this 'FSE' seat from Andre at the end of July and it arrived 2 days ago. Im very impressed with the quality and I find it a comfortable seat to sit on (based on a 4hr session) - though your bodies "relaxed muscle" (aka fat) will have some bearing on this :)

So far I've used it with DCS (F18/Spit/P51/AV8B) and a racing sim (Assetto Corsa via SimWheels) and its very immersive, though you will need to spend some time tweaking individual feedback to your liking.

It goes without question that Andres support for his software and his seats are unrivalled amongst other companies offering similar products and this was one of the major factors in me purchasing from him with confidence.

Interesting, I’ve always been curious about pulling the trigger on one of his seats. How much does the seat add to immersion?

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

I have to agree with Andre on this one! The Jetseat is an amazing addition and I will never fly without it again, if I can avoid it. Thank you so much for your work, Andre!

My only tiny, teensy problem is, that I don't seem to have enough fat in the posterior area and I can feel the motors on the seat bulging out. ;) That can be a little uncomfortable after a while. I am experimenting with a thin seat cushion to make it even better,

Thank you for the feedback, guys.

I'm working on developing the product product little by little. Hopefully the seats will become a bit more comfortable soon.

I think one can adjust the seat placement and motors placement inside the seat to fit a particular body shape better.

Tip: your buttocks should be mostly between the motors rather than on them.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Interesting, I’ve always been curious about pulling the trigger on one of his seats. How much does the seat add to immersion?

x1000

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Firstly you should know I fly/race in VR, so my following comments are based on my experience within VR.

I know this is a DCS forum but I'll start with commenting on my race sim (ACC) experience as there is a common saying that you "drive with your bum" in race cars (please dont hang me mods). I believe the feedback from the seat has already made me a better driver in the short time Ive had it. Im not necessarily quicker (though I have had a few PBs with the seat) but Im more consistent as I feel more connected to the car and what its doing.

For example, I can detect the start of wheelslip in a corner through my seat before my eyes can detect that the rear of the car is trying to overtake the front of the car. I can feel when I hit curbs, bumps, other cars :music_whistling: ...all of these types of feedback coming together at different levels of intensity and frequency to give me a 'bigger picture' so to speak.

Anyhow, enough of the boring car stuff, in DCS you can tweak your feedback settings for each plane, this is very handy when jumping between piston and jet engines. At this point in time I havent finessed my settings yet, by default each type of feedback is defaulted to 50%. I need more time to tweak to my own personal preference as IMO your better having different intensities for different types of feedback so you can learn to understand what type of feedback your getting in game.

I spent most time with the seat in the F18, both carrier and land based and the feeling of the engines coming the life, the flaps moving, the concrete slabs under wheel as your plane moves, the clunk of the undercarriage, the general buffeting from the engines in flight, the afterburners, arrestor hook deploying, the plane shaking as you increase your AOA to near stall...its something else. Ive only ever flown commerical (as a passenger), so not a clue what it really feels like in a small fighter plane but its kind of how I imagined it would be prior to owning the seat.

The greatest immersion asset for me in DCS is feeling the plane close to stall or aileron reversal when Im busy looking away from my hud ...its killed me many a time in the past :cry:

If you have VR yourself you'll know how much of a leap in immersion that was from a monitor setup, this seat takes that immersion to another level by connecting you to your plane physically.

I've also jumped in the P51 and that plane (in my hands) will kill you without a care in the world if your too aggressive with the stick in turns, through the seats feedback I can now turn it better as I have a physical connection to the plane - something I dont get from my VR headset or my non-FFB hotas.

Im sure there are plenty of other seat owners who are more than happy to provide their experiences and how they see it benefiting them.

Regards

Edited by icetbag

Some of my flight sims aren't supported. I can fly just fine without the seat. But it is kind of like trying to fly without TrackIR. It can be done, but why would you if you have it available? If I start a flight in DCS World, Prepar3d, or Aerofly FS 2 and don't immediately feel the seat, I will exit the game and get it working. I don't run the simshaker software at PC startup, so sometimes I forget to start it before starting the game. Sometimes the power cord with its US plug adapter has worked its way loose enough to not have power. Sometimes I have to cycle the power switch to reset the USB interface. It only takes a few seconds to fix whatever is wrong. I don't fly without it in any sim that supports it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My only tiny, teensy problem is, that I don't seem to have enough fat in the posterior area and I can feel the motors on the seat bulging out. ;) That can be a little uncomfortable after a while. I am experimenting with a thin seat cushion to make it even better

Your individual comfort depends on quite a few things, like size and form of your seat and seat rests or the softness of the seating. The softer it is, the more your body weight pushes the motors into it (instead of into your body). So you may even experiment with putting a rubber mate UNDER the JetSeat. Your body-fat-index is another important factor. Don't listen to your doctor: if you eat as much pizza as I do :smilewink:you're definitely on the comfortable side ─ for hours of flying nonstop...

Sorry to ask something what was for sure already asked (but nearly 250 pages are just too much):

1. What is the support of Il-2: BoX? As it is described as "beta".

2. Rise of Flight - supported or not?

As with DCS these are my 3 sims that I am interested in and as BoX is most likely to be my No.1 this is quite interesting for me.

3. Do you use some local parts (especially vibration motors) or are they eventually possible to buy elsewhere (European Union) - just in case of the repair?

4. KW-90x vs. JetSeat FSE - any difference other than outside packing? I am not simpit builder but I found fabric to be more comfortable than rubber/leather and its substitutes

Honestly, I am not just now in a mood of immediate buying and I have just found your product, but for now it is in my list of future acquisitions (at the moment it is 2nd behind good joystick).

1. Supported in SimShaker - Wings beta version. Due to modest telemetry output from the game only 2 effects "a la motion platform" currently implemented.

2.Supported in Sound Intercept mode, more details you can find here https://dreamsimteam.blogspot.com/p/jetseat-ug.html

3. Yes, I use local parts.

4. Please read my explanation on this page https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134704&page=174

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Please can somebody help?

I have one of the motors of my jetseat that doesn't work properly.

I inspected it and initially it was not turning at all, then I tried to spin it with my hands and it started spinning but at a lower rate compared to the others.

All the cables are intact so I think it's a lubrication problem.

Could I use the WD40?

Also I can't really figure where to lubricate

WD40 has nothing to do with silicone. It´s more a cleaner than a lubricant!

WD stands for Water Displacement

and consists mainly of hydrocarbons (petroleum ether) which evaporates quickly.

I can´t recommend it and would only use for cleaning tasks, not lubricating anything.

EDIT: I just discovered that WD40 has recently a silicone spray in the offer. So maybe you have this product.

Edited by Ganesh
edit

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

1. Supported in SimShaker - Wings beta version. Due to modest telemetry output from the game only 2 effects "a la motion platform" currently implemented.

2.Supported in Sound Intercept mode, more details you can find here https://dreamsimteam.blogspot.com/p/jetseat-ug.html

3. Yes, I use local parts.

4. Please read my explanation on this page https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134704&page=174

Hi Andre,

Just wondering, any chance you could implement a feature where we could have just a regular constant rumble in IL-2 in addition to the pitch/roll data? I know it wouldn't be the most realistic thing since it's not tied to any telemetry data, but at least for me it would be preferable to not having any feedback at all when my stick is centered.

i7 6700k @ 4.6, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, 32GB DDR4 2666, GTX 1070, Rift S | MS Sidewinder FFB2 w/ TM F-22 Pro Grip, TM TWCS Throttle, VKB T-Rudder Mk. IV

Andre - what's the story with the Jetseat if there isn't any specific profile for the F-16 (I am trying to get f4l0 F-16 access, or something sorted!)

Is it usable, will it work with the default 'jet' profile? Will we have any effects at all? Am not the only one concerned about this.

I mean I can just 'wait and see' I guess...just asking if it will even be useful in that instance, as that will be pretty much all I will be flying for quite some time (and the odd heli). Will we be stuck with no F-16 profile if f4l0 can't get hold of the aircraft?

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Andre,

Just wondering, any chance you could implement a feature where we could have just a regular constant rumble in IL-2 in addition to the pitch/roll data? I know it wouldn't be the most realistic thing since it's not tied to any telemetry data, but at least for me it would be preferable to not having any feedback at all when my stick is centered.

Hi,

OK, I will consider that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]