Matt Wagner Interview with Fighterpilot podcast

macedk

Great interview! Been listening to the Podcast since it was started and good to see DCS talked about as well! Very excited about some of the new stuff Wags mentioned...Syria is the map I most look forward too!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

I took the time to listen to this today - throughly enjoyed it!

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

Jello: What is this thing called?

Wags: That's the Rift.

Jello: So is ED producing it?

Wags: *facepalm*

Wags does a great job explaining things to outsiders. I wonder how the reportes reaction to DCS would have looked like if they would have tried other simulators before, like farming sim…

Really good listen, and what an endorsement, from a RL Bug pilot! Well done to ED and the team. This podcast is also a nice new discovery for me :D

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

Really good listen, and what an endorsement, from a RL Bug pilot! Well done to ED and the team. This podcast is also a nice new discovery for me :D

I am really enjoying all the podcasts. You can't miss them.

The DCS one... Case I at first try!! Nice.

Don't miss night carrier landings.

I really enjoyed the interview. Also want to listen the other podcasts :thumbup: Matt is a very nice and symphatic guy. I remember his very symphatic interview during E3 2006 when the DCS F/A-18C was showed for the very first time as a demo.

Anyone else pick up that Wags said the Warthog throttle is a stand in for the Hornet throttle "for now". My ears pricked up.

The Flying Kiwis (TFK)

Ryzen 5600X on water, RX6800, 32GB 3200, m.2 boot, 2TB EVO,  Rift S, Warthog HOTAS + TFRP, flight chair with bass shakers.

AH-64D || A-10IIC || F/A-18C || UH-1 || F-16C || Mig-29 || Spitfire mk.ix || Fw190A8 || Fw190D9 || P-51D || Ka-50 || Mi-8 || Mi-24P || bf109k-4 || P-47 || Mosquito || Combined Arms

Persian Gulf || Normandy || Nevada || Syria

Supercarrier || NS430

I was more hyped when he mention a "surprise" when listing the modules in the works...

Only 2 things will make happy. Either one of the modules is the mighty F15C or the F16C is closer than expected :p. Well actually there is a third one that would blow my mind................................................................................................................................................................................................................................An APACHE Longbow!!!!!!!!!

Well actually there is a third one that would blow my mind................................................................................................................................................................................................................................An APACHE Longbow!!!!!!!!!

This^^^ I remember spending HOURS on Jane's Longbow 2. A lot of that time in the Blackhawk too...

The Flying Kiwis (TFK)

Ryzen 5600X on water, RX6800, 32GB 3200, m.2 boot, 2TB EVO,  Rift S, Warthog HOTAS + TFRP, flight chair with bass shakers.

AH-64D || A-10IIC || F/A-18C || UH-1 || F-16C || Mig-29 || Spitfire mk.ix || Fw190A8 || Fw190D9 || P-51D || Ka-50 || Mi-8 || Mi-24P || bf109k-4 || P-47 || Mosquito || Combined Arms

Persian Gulf || Normandy || Nevada || Syria

Supercarrier || NS430

It depends when the podcast was recorded. I noticed how Wags said ATC wasn't working in approach config which suggests to me that the actual recording date of the podcast could have been some while back. Which means that the "surprise" module he mentions could well have been the F-16. just my 2 cents though.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

It depends when the podcast was recorded. I noticed how Wags said ATC wasn't working in approach config which suggests to me that the actual recording date of the podcast could have been some while back. Which means that the "surprise" module he mentions could well have been the F-16. just my 2 cents though.

The F-16 module has none a "suprise" and was in progress by Belsimtek from 2017.

ATC in approach config is not implemented in current version.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

ATC in approach config is not implemented in current version.

Really? I must be going crazy because It worked for me a couple of weeks ago lol

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

It works somewhat okay in Half flaps for airfield landings.

Full flaps on the carrier landings always gets me wet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer