Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

Thank you, QuiGon.

I think this important information should be displayed on the OP.

AFAIK this is not a general information as it varies from update to update IIRC. Sometimes Blue Flag is making use of beta updates and sometimes not. So in my opionion this is an information that needs to be posted in the thread at the time it is relevant, rather than in the OP. Do people here even look at the OP anymore?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Do people here even look at the OP anymore?
Maybe they dont't because the information it contains is no longer relevant? (round 9 is over since the end of 2016)

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Maybe they dont't because the information it contains is no longer relevant? (round 9 is over since the end of 2016)

Exactly, so it wouldn't help much to post it there. I'm not checking the OP anymore either.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Mig21 has no countermeasures and external tanks. Btw i'd be so happy if we could have r3r and r13m1 in warehouses. Cheers

in what sense does it have no countermeasures and external tanks?

the mig has countermeasures (ASO-2 - pod 6), even if you put pod sps.141 (pod 3)

external tanks on pod 5 - 1 (Fuel Tank 490L)

Edited by 2RGT Oberst

[sIGPIC]2RGT DCS WORLD ITALIA[/sIGPIC]

DIAVOLO 1-1 | 2RGT OBERST

2RGT DCS Gruppo Volo Italiano

Canale Youtube: 2RGT OBERST

Facebook: DCS World Italia - 2RGT -

Canale Twitch: 2RGT OBERST

LIVE!

I do love the L-39, but I think, that simulating Mig-21R and RF-5 recon planes with the current 21 and F-5 we have would be more realistic and more fun in the current environment.

What do you think?

That's an interesting suggestion - although they are high performance jets, would it make Recon a bit OP? It's seen it used so rarely (and I'm relatively new to BF) i've no real basis for comparison.

Also is there technical trickiness having weapons restrictions set up slot by slot as opposed to for everything on the warehouse? e.g. some Migs are full loadout others are recon only....

I certainly think recon airframes being able to carry full blown strike/CAP loadouts would be OP.

Hence why I thought the l39 - it's not got a RWR, easy to limit loadouts, not crazy fast or anything. I quite like the vulnerability of a recon flight in concept.....

Also 2.5.1 rocks my world, 20 min server join times down to 2 min :D

Are you sure? I specifically tested the R3R - might be worth trying again as they're all there :)

Disregard, they are all there now. Before yesterdays update I could only choose r60M and r13m. After yesterdays update also tanks and all pods disapeared from the weapons menu. As from this moment I have all weapons to choose. Tnx for the concern.

Server Updated!

A new feature as of today is if you set your Discord Nickname (no need for actual name!) to match your DCS name - you'll be granted access to a private text chat channel for your team automatically.

This should help with planning and communication of longer pushes without alerting the other side :)

Access will be revoked to the channels automatically at a round restart

This is actually an amazing idea to enhance flight planning / package building, here's hoping people spot it and put it to use!

Nice one Ciribob!:thumbup:

Edited by hipshot

This is actually an amazing idea to enhance flight planning / package building, here's hoping people spot it and put it to use!

Nice one Ciribob!

will post on hoggit later - it'll be added to briefing, SOP (WIP currently) and the site soon.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

So, are we close to the real deal soon...?

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

In the Ka-50 you can see the exact positions of enemy ground units in the ABRIS map - automatic, no spotting or datalink needed... They are always shown there as small blue circles. Is this something that can be turned off? It would be much cooler if people had to rely on spotting, datalink, recon, comms, sensors, etc, to know where enemies are...

I have no idea if this also occurs on the A-10C.

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map

With the canopy scratches and the mav bug, the harrier is barely usable. Its a beta, so its supposed to be that way. A beta is meant to show bugs. But does Blueflag have to use a buggy version? Why not stick to stable and use the new features when the bugs have been fixed?

My System: Intel Core i7-4770K, Asus ROG Strix RX480 O8G, 24GB Ram

In the Ka-50 you can see the exact positions of enemy ground units in the ABRIS map - automatic, no spotting or datalink needed... They are always shown there as small blue circles. Is this something that can be turned off? It would be much cooler if people had to rely on spotting, datalink, recon, comms, sensors, etc, to know where enemies are...

Only air defence units. But yes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the canopy scratches and the mav bug, the harrier is barely usable. Its a beta, so its supposed to be that way. A beta is meant to show bugs. But does Blueflag have to use a buggy version? Why not stick to stable and use the new features when the bugs have been fixed?
Because otherwise no one can join due to memory issues and the server is unstable to the transport.dll issue.

There are some downsides to the patch but at least for me ( and the server) this new patch is a huge improvement!

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

So... Am I the only one who's not into this type of stuff?

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map

Because otherwise no one can join due to memory issues and the server is unstable to the transport.dll issue.

There are some downsides to the patch but at least for me ( and the server) this new patch is a huge improvement!

Thanks for the info. And thanks for the server ;-)

My System: Intel Core i7-4770K, Asus ROG Strix RX480 O8G, 24GB Ram

So... Could somebody please explain to me what happened to the blue side today?

What were the reds doing?

Sent from my G3223 using Tapatalk

Their intelligence deleted shadows F10 marks and in conclusion the AIC service was compromised...

Jokes aside I saw a good combination of mi8, ka50 and su25t.

So... Could somebody please explain to me what happened to the blue side today?

What were the reds doing?

Sent from my G3223 using Tapatalk

Very very good co-ordination - Su25T with KA50 plus 2 Mi8s in support.

Red won!

Map reset!

Capture quick as everything is neutral :)

Stats here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j7bBeTekXwFlowL7HuoCHEncQowN-EaAzaicLzN_dqQ/edit#gid=232810140

Red team victory.

Round will need to be reset.

we can celebrate the victory with this dogfighter;) spectacular in the final where even a mirage enters ... :pilotfly:

Edited by 2RGT Oberst

[sIGPIC]2RGT DCS WORLD ITALIA[/sIGPIC]

DIAVOLO 1-1 | 2RGT OBERST

2RGT DCS Gruppo Volo Italiano

Canale Youtube: 2RGT OBERST

Facebook: DCS World Italia - 2RGT -

Canale Twitch: 2RGT OBERST

LIVE!