Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

The last two days, i tried to capture FARPs by transporting troops with a huey.

Two times, one on ONI and one on UCKULAN, i successfully reached the farp and deployed the troops.

However, the FARP was not captured.

Both times F10 PAK report showed the farps as CLOSED and DEFENDERS ALIVE.

The frustrating thing is, that no defenders were visible. My AI gunners, the deployed troops and friendly A10s overhead didnt see a single hostile unit.

One time (ONI) it turned out that a group of hostile infantry was camping in the mountains several hundred meters away. No idea what the reason was the other time.

Is this intended behaviour?

Sometimes Farps hide units underneath or inside the farp 3d module. I ve seen it in many mp servers.

Sent from my iQE100 using Tapatalk

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

<rant>

Blue team: 14 players, 6 are in F-15s, no helicopters

Red team: 1 Su-27 all the way out west

WTF dudes, 2 farps waiting capturable and nobody will get in a helo? Why fly an F-15 when there is nothing to fight in the air?

</rant>

So.... Red Team, want another player? :)

Edited by Dino Might

<rant>

Blue team: 14 players, 6 are in F-15s, no helicopters

Red team: 1 Su-27 all the way out west

WTF dudes, 2 farps waiting capturable and nobody will get in a helo? Why fly an F-15 when there is nothing to fight in the air?

</rant>

So.... Red Team, want another player? :)

That's exactly why the usual discussions about numbers are pointless imho. You don't win if you outnumber the enemy by far, but don't have any assets to actually capture stuff.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

So we should just assume incompetence for the team that has higher numbers?

No, that's not what I said. I said that numbers don't matter much as efficiency and success depends on the actual actions of both teams. Its not like in most shooter games where success is determined by killing which makes player numbers a huge factor in balancing. This is not the case in blue Flag where success and balancing is determined by the actual actions and efforts of the player. In a shooter you can assume that every player is going for kills, which helps the team. In Blue Flag you can't assume that every player is going to use needed assets and perform certain actions that are required to proceed in the campaign as Dino Mights example shows.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

So what will happen in your opinion when a round goes live and people will try to coordinate as much as possible, but numbers/airframe distribution stay the same?

There are plenty of players for both sides during live rounds.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Numbers matter, but coordination matters more. Last night 10 to 14 blues on and 4 reds.

Reds closed Sochi.

Blues captured ambrolauri.

I had to fly A10C, closed both ambo and oni, begged for a chopper, to no avail. I then took a chopper out of Tvarchelli and got ambo but couldn't get to oni before reset.

After reset, 4 blues, 2 red.

I run helo from ambo to oni, but repaired and mortars can't see targets in trees. Meanwhile, reds capture Sochi, while other blues are doing who knows what in their AV8Bs. They didn't score any kills or points the entire time I was there.

So, the team outnumbered 2 to 1 got an entire airfield when we got just a road base. And only one blue player did all the work to get that road base.

It's frustrating because I love the F5 and the A10C, but I may need to go red next round.

So we should just assume incompetence for the team that has higher numbers?

If they aren't rolling across the map with a 2:1 advantage, then yes, very much so.

Having played red side a fair bit, it's tougher to do anything with the lower numbers, but generally red team coordinates much better, out of necessity.

Dino, are the invisible units not causing problems for capping bases, etc anymore?

AI units can kill the invisible units. They are still there. I think all fuel bunkers and white houses are invisible. We've been taking mortars and calling in bombers. It takes much longer now because of the reliance on the AI to do a portion of the work.

Can rearm at FARP pads, but not on the adjacent roadways like the Viggen can.

Is rearming for the Viggen actually working? Last time I tried I could not make it work.

Tornado3 small.jpg

server 2.5 now? I do not see it on the list. By IP 91.205.184.66:10308 is also not connected

Edited by =KAG=RubiN

https://www.youtube.com/@KAG-RubyN

Су-27 Flanker| Су-33 Flanker-D| МиГ-29 Fulcrum|Су-25 Frogfoot| Ка-50 Hokum| Ми-24П Hind| Ми-8МТВ Hip| F/A-18C Hornet| F-16C Viper| F-15C Eagle| UH-1H Iroquois

H/W - CPU:i7-13700KF|MB:Z790|RAM:64GB DDR5 Kingston|GA: MSI NV RTX-4090|Oculus Quest 3| SSD:Kingston SFYRD2000G

AI units can kill the invisible units. They are still there. I think all fuel bunkers and white houses are invisible. We've been taking mortars and calling in bombers. It takes much longer now because of the reliance on the AI to do a portion of the work.

Got it. How does this approach work for invisible SA-3 sites? Seems like bombers and mortars could not get into position for taking out a site.

If they aren't rolling across the map with a 2:1 advantage, then yes, very much so.

Having played red side a fair bit, it's tougher to do anything with the lower numbers, but generally red team coordinates much better, out of necessity.

The Red only need 3 players : Vitar (Mi8), Varyag (Su-25t), and Wildcat (Su-27) to capture almost anything on the map in just 1 round lol.... just kidding. They have outstanding coordination which Blue team rarely has.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Updated scripts are running on BlueFlag

Make sure to destroy any statics in the bases to aid with capture - this excludes TV towers

Please report any bugs (other than invisible units)

A change was also made where DCS reported a unit as dead, but it wasnt quite there yet. This should be fixed as well so any captures should have no damaged units left

Edit: looks like Red might be in the way to victory....

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord