Will the pilot flight stick position be corrected this year?

S. Low

It's modeled too far forward, not supposed to obstruct the HSD as much as it does currently (all but requiring the pilot to disable the flight stick graphic using Backspace).

I'm bad at searching but Heatblur (maybe IronMike?) acknowledged this somewhere in this forum, maybe in bugs, and that it would be corrected eventually.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

It's modeled too far forward, not supposed to obstruct the HSD as much as it does currently (all but requiring the pilot to disable the flight stick graphic using Backspace).

I'm bad at searching but Heatblur (maybe IronMike?) acknowledged this somewhere in this forum, maybe in bugs, and that it would be corrected eventually.

It is correct as is. They laser-scanned a F-14 cockpit, you know. You can adjust your view position or hide the stick momentarily to look at the HSD.

Just look at this video.

Edited by Airhunter

It is correct as is. They laser-scanned a F-14 cockpit, you know. You can adjust your view position or hide the stick momentarily to look at the HSD.

Just look at this video.

I would say that:

- the stick is resting in full pitch down when not in the hand (like the control surfaces).

- the camera may not be exactly at head level.

Maybe there is a little bit of room for improvement.

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

It's not. The stick is always centered.

Look at the video, the control column is full pitch down on the ground.

But I’ll check the travel range in the sim, maybe it’s correct as it is...

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

The stick is resting at full forward position in those videos. Like jojo said, "full pitch down." That is how it was scanned. That is why it needs corrected.

Here are two pics I just took, one with flight stick resting neutral in game (which is the full pitch down position that was scanned from the real cockpit), and the other pic is me pitching full down in game which puts the flight stick basically through the screen of the HSD. The pilot's hand (if or when we EVER get a virtual pilot) and the trigger are absolutely clipping through HSD.

This should be corrected. Like I said, they already acknowledged this and stated it will be corrected. Somewhere. I'm just admittedly bad at finding these posts.

20200125132447_1.thumb.jpg.5e6055d8be48ca527c1d9fe2acce5e4a.jpg

20200125132448_1.thumb.jpg.22dc1c2553bb1482e4c1d7941ad52948.jpg

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

The stick is resting at full forward position in those videos. Like jojo said, "full pitch down." That is how it was scanned. That is why it needs corrected.

Here are two pics I just took, one with flight stick resting neutral in game (which is the full pitch down position that was scanned from the real cockpit), and the other pic is me pitching full down in game which puts the flight stick basically through the screen of the HSD. The pilot's hand (if or when we EVER get a virtual pilot) and the trigger are absolutely clipping through HSD.

This should be corrected. Like I said, they already acknowledged this and stated it will be corrected. Somewhere. I'm just admittedly bad at finding these posts.

Good reminder :thumbup:

Mirage fanatic !