Startup help

Ice_Pick

hello, I am having trouble doing a complete startup. I get everything cleared on the board but EAC . Here is a TRK https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U0S7voPzca5LXgMwD6zE3zoz4_gPseLp any ideas? Thanks

DCS A10C / DCS Black Shark /DCS F-14/Persian Gulf map/ Nevada/huey/gazelle/f18/f16/ajs37/harrier/A-4

16gb 2400 RAM / Ryzen 5 3600 / ROG Strix RX 570 /750W thermaltake PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And make sure you have flipped the 4 SAS switches up to activate. IIRC they are linked.

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

I'll make some order of what has been (correctly) reported above.

You will need to have INS aligned and in NAV mode, SAS enabled, switched from HARS to EGI and just then you'll be able to flip the EAC switch up (hidden behind and below the left throttle in the virtual pit).

Do mind that if any of the above hasn't been done, the EAC switch will return to OFF automatically.

If you have the HOTAS Warthog it will stay ON because the actual hardware switch isn't spring loaded but you will still get the EAC warning light.

S!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850

You will need to have INS aligned and in NAV mode, SAS enabled, switched from HARS to EGI and just then you'll be able to flip the EAC switch up (hidden behind and below the left throttle in the virtual pit).

Do mind that if any of the above hasn't been done, the EAC switch will return to OFF automatically.

If you have the HOTAS Warthog it will stay ON because the actual hardware switch isn't spring loaded but you will still get the EAC warning light.

S!

OK, thanks. I never switched the nav mode to egi, I will try that when I get home.

DCS A10C / DCS Black Shark /DCS F-14/Persian Gulf map/ Nevada/huey/gazelle/f18/f16/ajs37/harrier/A-4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

S!

That didn't work. Any more ideas?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I’m going to guess this is your missing piece?

After T=4.0.0.8, INS alignment is complete, then you have to press the NAV OSB to switch out from ground mode. You can see the asterisk next to ground in this picture. It will move to NAV after you switch. After that, switch NMSP from HARS to EGI and then flip your SAS on and your EAC switch on. That’s pretty much it. Wait for INS to align before you start taxi.

Chuck’s guide will answer most of your questions. Download it.

b26fdbab011f761cd803d6f23fa191b4.jpg

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

I’m going to guess this is your missing piece?

After T=4.0.0.8, INS alignment is complete, then you have to press the NAV OSB to switch out from ground mode. You can see the asterisk next to ground in this picture. It will move to NAV after you switch. After that, switch NMSP from HARS to EGI and then flip your SAS on and your EAC switch on. That’s pretty much it. Wait for INS to align before you start taxi.

Chuck’s guide will answer most of your questions. Download it.

b26fdbab011f761cd803d6f23fa191b4.jpg

OK that's it I didn't let the INS align Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]