PSA: Virtual CVWs should have a 'v' for 'virtual'

Nealius

a-few-good-men.jpg?w=968&h=544&crop=1

I understand the last mission is about getting the truth from Col. Jessup.

You don’t want the truth because deep down in places you don’t talk about on the forum, you want me in this thread, you need me in this thread! We use words like virtual, spamraam, DCS wishlist. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something, you use them as a punchline. I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself, to a man who rises and sleeps, under the blanket of the very arbitrary community standards that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide them! I’d rather you just said ‘thank you’, and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a moderator title, and edit some posts. Either way, I don’t give a damn, what squadron names you think you are entitled to!

So to avoid confusion and adhere to the already established online community standards, please use an extra 'v' in your virtual CVW.

Errr... I still support that idea, because I think it makes sense.

But... are you kidding me?

CVW-8 Scooters Hit the Range

:

[DCS] CVW-8 Scooters Hit the Range (A-4E)

Follow 6 Skyhawks of CVW-8 as they go for a range day with various weapons. VA-81 "Zapper" 402, 404, 407. VMA-331 "Buzz" 501, 511, 512. [...]

Seriously, you post all that stuff omitting the "v" from your vCVW, and literally one day later you ask the community to adhere to a standard you don't conform to yourself?

Jeeez, knowing that in advance could have saved all of us a lot of discussion.

Errr... I still support that idea, because I think it makes sense.

But... are you kidding me?

CVW-8 Scooters Hit the Range

:

Seriously, you post all that stuff omitting the "v" from your vCVW, and literally one day later you ask the community to adhere to a standard you don't conform to yourself?

Jeeez, knowing that in advance could have saved all of us a lot of discussion.

There's only one explanation for this...

He's a precog.

minority-report.jpg?w968h681

I just... man. I'm trying to get my face out of my palms right now and it keeps just falling back in. There are far more worrisome things in this community than a "guild" not delineating themselves as virtual squadron. People find fun doing whatever it is that they do. As long as they aren't stating they are actual members or trying to blur the line of fake and real, who cares? Are you in the military? Are you a fighter pilot who is offended and part of an actual CVW? Are you speaking for someone who is, who voiced out about this? If you answered no to any and all of those, you're just causing issues where there don't need to be issues.

If you think this is an issue then perhaps reach out to some of the folks in the community who have and are part of a CVW? Mover has a user name on the forum - reach out to him and see what he thinks. If enough real aviators agree with you then maybe come back - or contact a mod.

Further, you posted a video on your youtube calling yourself CVW-8. You're breaking your own rule...out of control.

This is a little absurd.

Edited by Guppy

What's absurd is how many people feel the need to continue responding to this, whether they disagree or not. The horse is long-dead.

Realistically, considering the blatant hypocrisy, this whole thing probably started as a shameless attempt to get views on his channel. Thus why I've been disliking his videos, and suggest you all do likewise.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Just so you all know..

The guy who started this? Asked an innocent question..if he knew the CVW he was doing was already a unit in DCS and such. This guy instantly got defensive and the other fellow backed off when he was told it was single player and such and apologized and made it clear he meant no offense.

This guy is literally screaming for attention and blowing things so far out of proportion you can't even see one side from the other.

Realistically, considering the blatant hypocrisy, this whole thing probably started as a shameless attempt to get views on his channel. Thus why I've been disliking his videos, and suggest you all do likewise.

No, because I'm an adult, and that's not worth anyone's time.

Flight sims in the Age of Outrage. What a time to be alive.