Possible wish? DCS Su-22 Fitter

TheCabal

Hi there folks,

what you think about the Su-22 for DCS?

Didn’t remember seeing any post reg. this bird.

Would be a great addition. (as well as the Tornado & F-104)

Greetings,

Cabal

FC3, Ka-50, A-10C, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Super Carrier, TacView Advanced

Next in line: F-5 II , MiG-19 , MiG-23 MLA

Wishlist: PA-100 Tornado, F-104 Starfighter, MiG-25 Foxbat, A-6 Intruder

Sure, why not? But then again, I'd take any 3rd/4th Gen Soviet/Russian aircraft :P

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Wouldn't the Su-17 be more appropriate as the 20/22 were export versions?

Well, the Su-20 was an export version of the Su-17M, the Su-22 however, even if that one also was mainly an export variant, had been used by the Russians as well due to the improvements.

Su-22M-4 is something I'd really enjoy having in DCS, but I wouldn't mind any earlier version either.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Another red fighter bomber would be nice... besides the old Su-25's in DCS.

FC3, Ka-50, A-10C, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Super Carrier, TacView Advanced

Next in line: F-5 II , MiG-19 , MiG-23 MLA

Wishlist: PA-100 Tornado, F-104 Starfighter, MiG-25 Foxbat, A-6 Intruder

the Su-22 however, even if that one also was mainly an export variant, had been used by the Russians as well due to the improvements.

Really? Where did you get that information?

AFAIK, every Su-22 variant was an export variant of a specific Soviet variant (e.g. the Su-22M4 was a variant of the Su-17M4) and there's no reason for them to have been used by the Soviet Air Force/Navy as they had their own Su-17M variants (which used AL-21 engine compared to R-29 for all but the latest two of the export variants).

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!