Radar: TWS drops lock

ZHeN

But LTWS already beats TWS (auto IFF), so there goes that...

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But LTWS already beats TWS (auto IFF), so there goes that...

Then fly Hornet...these 2 birds are 15 years apart from weapon systems point of view, but you don't want to understand.

By the way, with Mirage IIFF you don't need to interrogate contact one by one.

You can have full IFF returns of your total scan zone.

So I don't waste time locking or soft locking friendly contact. :music_whistling:

And this part (IIFF) does work to the best of DCS possibility.

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Then fly Hornet...these 2 birds are 15 years apart from weapon systems point of view, but you don't want to understand.

Only if you count AMRAAM, otherwise not.

I already fly F-14, F-18 singleseat is boring.

QUOTE=jojo;3884029]

Interesting, I thought there's only one "IFF interrogate" button that always interrogates only the locked bandit.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Only if you count AMRAAM, otherwise not.

I already fly F-14, F-18 singleseat is boring.

QUOTE=jojo;3884029]

Interesting, I thought there's only one "IFF interrogate" button that always interrogates only the locked bandit.

Hornet: AMRAAM, AIM-9X with thrust vectoring, JHMCS, Link 16 and Situational Awareness page :music_whistling:

Mirage IIFF: just press the IFF interrogate button without locked contact.

Depending on the setting of a button on IIFF panel:

- CONT: interrogate the whole scan area.

- SECT: interrogate +/-10° around TDC.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

cool. Yes AIM-9X & JHMCS are "new", but russians already had thrust vectoring (R-73) & Shlem (HMD) since 80s iirc.

Edited by DanielNL

• 4 weeks later...
Bump!

Any news here? The drop lock in M2000 is really frustrating, any ETA?

Nope, there's no way Razbam understands the importance of this over-6-months-persisting bug, sorry. They didn't even state a date yet for the airbase visit... (Only thing one could do would be not promoting Razbam's behavior in this matter by not purchasing MiG-19 or Harrier if you don't have one of those, everyone has to decide that for themselves, I have.)

sent from Moto G5 using Tapatalk

I don't see any reports in the bug tracker about the drop lock in TWS or SST. We have reported many times this problem in these years without any sort of feedback about it.

The drop lock (TWS and SST) is considered by RAZBAM fine as it is now? Just to know.

cool. Yes AIM-9X & JHMCS are "new", but russians already had thrust vectoring (R-72) & Shlem (HMD) since 80s iirc.

Well, HMS, not HMD. There's a significant difference between the two.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Well, HMS, not HMD. There's a significant difference between the two.
Yep, sorry, not a display, just a projection. I'm terribly sorry dear Dudikoff.

And yes, Razbam is SUUUUPER late at fixing the TWS bug (over half a year late now to be exact). That's why I BARELY fly M2000 currently.

Sadly ED doesn't care much about Razbam not fixing it ASAP. (I've had a chat with ED support via ticket system)

Yep, sorry, not a display, just a projection. I'm terribly sorry dear Dudikoff.

I'm just saying that having an HMS in the 80's was technically not that special since the US Navy had one in limited service long before that (early 70's). At the same time they were also developing a matching missile with greater off-boresight capability, but it got canceled in the end (too expensive IIRC).

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I'm just saying that having an HMS in the 80's was technically not that special since the US Navy had one in limited service long before that (early 70's). At the same time they were also developing a matching missile with greater off-boresight capability, but it got canceled in the end (too expensive IIRC).
I think I know the missile. But which 70s-Navy-aircraft had that HMS?

The F-4.
Whaaat! Sadly too late for the Vietnam war then.

• 2 weeks later...
Well good news everyone

The bug's finally on the bug tracker (under a weird name though)

WHAAAAAAT HELL YES!!! EUROPE FIGHTERS FTWWWW! EU ftw, European Reich ftw!

Wtf, is it showing as/set to medium or low priority? How the **ck is this not highest priority?

I agree with that. Everything related to radar losing lock must be solved ASAP in my opinion, specialy this one.
Indeed. Time for Razbam to fix their reputation

Wtf, is it showing as/set to medium or low priority? How the **ck is this not highest priority?

My gosh calm down.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

My gosh calm down.

You mean my gosh until yesterday Razbam didn't realize the importance of this over-6-months-existing bug

Wasn't it said that the mirage radar will be reworked after ED ' s advanced A/A base radar code (developed for the hornet and now the viper) will be available ?

Can't remember correctly.

And don't forget also the (already reported) CCM radar bugs

Wasn't it said that the mirage radar will be reworked after ED ' s advanced A/A base radar code (developed for the hornet and now the viper) will be available ?

Can't remember correctly.

And don't forget also the (already reported) CCM radar bugs

"CCM"?