Britsh Planes

heinzknocke

I love DCS and all the planes we have, but is there any chance of any of the developers producing some British/European aircraft

Hunter

It seems that there is a Hunter in development ... but I wont purchase until I see it on ED's Store and have read a good review of it ... VEAO teached me to have a bit of distrust:

https://www.facebook.com/foxtrotoscardesigns/posts/786059048404758

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

What about heavily modified Yankee types. F-4K Phantom had better engines, and different avionic suite then American variant. Just looking at front olio strut of F-4J being bridled into cat, giving F-4J AOA of 15 or more. Hard to see how something that looked so flimsy, could survive a cat shot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonnell_Douglas_F-4_Phantom_II#/media/File:F-4J_F-4K_CV-62_NAN6-75.jpg

I still hold out hope that, after the F/A-18C and F-16CJ have been released that the ED/Belsimtek merger revives the F-4E project. That would provide a (very loose) basis for the introduction of a navalised version of the F-4 - with the UK being as drastically under-represented as it is, I would very much like to see the F-4K in DCS.

That being said any Cold War-era onwards British aircraft would be great to see. Even a Lightning, although only carrying two missiles and 3 minutes of fuel isn't entirely up my alley I'd still get it to support more RAF/RN air frames in DCS.

For UK fast jets the list is short. Sadly it is even shorter for British multi-role type with competitive air-air. Below is my wish list in order of desirability. Top is #1 priority for me.

Module must be PFM and ASM or as close as possible for developer.

0. Eurofighter Typhoon* , but it is not a realistic expectation.

1. PANAVIA Tornado GR4

2. Avionics and equipment MOD to DCS: AV-8B/NA to DCS: BAE Harrier GR7/9 with radar and air-air weapons.

3. F-4K RN FAA variant with RAF liveries. With HMS Hermes or any Centaur class CV angled deck CATOBAR. https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&id=E3BD30BA1FA99D335D49154C159351AC575B7399&thid=OIP.7THPi3u6ilpkFz4Fmr4zUgHaF1&mediaurl=https%3A%2F%2Ffarm8.staticflickr.com%2F7010%2F6563319913_08e8e68801.jpg&exph=394&expw=500&q=HMS+Hermes+F-4K&selectedindex=23&ajaxhist=0&vt=0&eim=0,1,2,6

F-4J, F-4M variants.

4 .SEPECAT Jaguar

5. Hawker Hunter

6. Blackburn Buccaneer

7. BE Lightning

8. PANAVIA Tornado F2 ADV

Expansion set AI aircraft with SFM

V-Bombers, Victor tanker variant, Tristar 500 K.1/KC.1 tanker, Fairey Gannet AWACS , Nimrod MR2, BAE Canberra, SeaKing HAR 3, Westland Wessex

I am a fan of Cold War fighters. The Hunter was really successful and served with a lot of air forces over a long period of time, so it is a great choice. But for me, the classic British aircraft of the Cold War are the Lightning and the Buccaneer. I would like to see these two in DCS World as much as the USAF Century Series.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I agree on Buc , respectfully less agree on BE Lightning. I have no objection to it, it did serve in twilight of CW 1.0 until 1988. Its just that it is a point defense interceptor, like early MIG-21. No AG and its almost purely an energy fighter in ACM.. Buc would be fun fun fun, even funner if we can get HMS Ark Royal prior to VSTOL rampt conversion. I lament this on part of RN FAA. Ramp is a fine idea, and adding to Centaur class CVA's is brilliant. Not so brilliant is ripping angled deck CATOBAR landing area of flight deck. It should have been retained, with single waist cats, and 4 wire arresting gear.

It would be cool if we can get Baltic/Central Europe and North Sea maps. ED should also re-introduce LockON Crimea map to Georgia/Caucasus theater.

I use Normandy map as a pseudo-Baltic op area. I bought Persian Gulf, and no regrets. Great map. But it's boring on Arabian side. Flat and mono color sand. Iranian side is more interesting terrain variation. Khassab region Gulf Of Oman is alright.

I am curious if 8 MK-84s are delivered to base of Burj Khalifa, will it collapse. Assuming that PG buildings have collapse effect due to damage programmed into them.

Great now that I posted this, I suppose FBI JTTF will pay me a visit.

I would love Jaguar and Tornado GR or IDS variants. Buccaneer looks uuuuhhh... let's just say not glamorous, but would be quite interesting to have as well.

There are other British aircraft I would be less interested in, but still would get at some point like:

- Lightning

- I have an odd affection for Folland Gnat, but I know that wouldn't be the most popular thing to have :P

- I'd love if the Hawk could return in some way

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I'd be totally up for a Tornado Gr1, flexible mud mover with a large variety of weapons plus Terrain Following Radar which would be awesome fun in DCS. You'd probably need an AI back seater like the F14, but a lot of dev work has already been done in this direction. Plus the Gr1 has been out of service for quite some time so more chance of getting unclassified data..

Windows 10 64 bit | Intel i5-9600k OC 5 Ghz | RTX 2080 |VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB DDR 4 OC 3200

Hotas Warthog | Logitech G Flight Rudder Pedals | Track IR 4

I still hold out hope that, after the F/A-18C and F-16CJ have been released that the ED/Belsimtek merger revives the F-4E project. That would provide a (very loose) basis for the introduction of a navalised version of the F-4 - with the UK being as drastically under-represented as it is, I would very much like to see the F-4K in DCS.

That being said any Cold War-era onwards British aircraft would be great to see. Even a Lightning, although only carrying two missiles and 3 minutes of fuel isn't entirely up my alley I'd still get it to support more RAF/RN air frames in DCS.

F4E project never was cancelled. Its still in the plans. merely put on backburner until F18C is out of EA and until F16C is finished. ( and probably Mi24P unlesss they can split team resources)

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD