Announcing Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3

Wags

Yes, for all player SFM aircraft.

Basically, the wheels no longer "stick to the runway" now and landings are takeoffs are much more dynamic.

Fantastic news Wags. This was my primary wish for FC3. Glad to see. I hated the landings in regular aircraft after using Su25T and Su25 in FC1 and 2 and DCS A-10C. Glad to see this feature.

I am looking forward for the "Improved special effects".

Fingers crossed for explosions with debris...better fire...better smoke...dust...smoke trails....thicker smoke.....smokey engines....

For future in DCS..it would be awsome to see Falcon 4 BMS style turbulence effecting airframe model and ordinance. :smilewink::pilotfly:

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great year for us fans :)

"The art of simulation design is about understanding limited fidelity...

...compromises must be made. Designers have to consider cost vs. fidelity and processor time vs. fidelity. Additional trade-offs must be made between graphics, AI, flight models, number of units and more...

...never ask the pilot what he wants to learn because he too will end up building an airplane. Instead, ask the pilot what he needs to learn."

-Gilman "Chopstick" Louie

Expanded from FC2 terrain size to current DCS world map.

Nate

Okay, so no additional terrain for DCS World, just the terrain size compare to FC2 growth up in FC3.

Question: I have a german version from Lock On:MAC - can i use it for the english version of FC3?

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

Just fire up DCS World. Apart from the new F-15 cockpit, everything that's announced for FC3 is already there.

Here you go:

Key Features of Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3 include:

• A DCS World module that is compatible with DCS titles.
  • New F-15C campaign and single missions.
  • Improved takeoff and landing flight dynamics.
  • New, advanced flight dynamics for air-to-air missiles.
  • Updated and improved HUDs and other cockpit systems.
  • Resource Manager that adds logistics control to missions.
  • Countless other improvements in the areas of the mission editor, special effects, new models, improved terrain detail and AI.

I removed the F-15C cockpit from the list. As you can see, there's still quite a few things left. And remember, these are key features.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• ED Team
One thing I noticed is "DCS world includes a Free Su-25T with unlimited online capabilities", that's new by the looks of things.

Yes, DCSW will soon allow unlimited online play for the Su-25T, regardless of a DCS purchase. This is a new change.

• Like 1

That "key features" list is only accurate from the point of view of someone upgrading from FC2 to FC3. That's a way to justify the high price tag, because telling people "our old code was a mess and we had to work a lot just to get those planes into DCS World" might not convince as much.

And honestly that's perfectly fine by me. ED isn't working for free, they need to make money, that's the way to go. But you can't expect that no one will see through the communication, especially since it's the second time it happens. A lot of the "loyal customers" know the drill by now.

I'll say again. Everything that is not specific to some FC2 plane (like the F-15C cockpit) is already in DCS World, or if it's not, it shall come around as a free patch. It was exactly the same with BS2 upgrade. Apart for some bug fixes, every "key feature" was already in DCS Warthog at that time.

After all, do you really mean that we don't already have the expanded map, better mission editor, resource management, better AI, better models, etc etc, in DCS World ? Come on ..

92nd Kodiak Air Force - May the Greuh be with you

Do we have the ability to buy only one aircraft from the collection?

I just care about F-15C Eagle, so, I have to install all other aircrafts?

No. It is one product, not a package deal. You don't have to fly the other aircraft but yes, they will be installed automatically.

I take it, you have never looked at Lock-On, which you will also have to install (and purchase if you do not own it), or Flaming Cliffs 2.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

That "key features" list is only accurate from the point of view of someone upgrading from FC2 to FC3.

Okey, I'll do this again. :)

Key Features of Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3 include:

• A DCS World module that is compatible with DCS titles. New for FC3.
  • New 6 degrees of freedom (6DOF) cockpit and model for the F-15C. New for FC3, but negated by your cockpit statement.
  • New F-15C campaign and single missions. New for FC3.
  • Improved takeoff and landing flight dynamics. New for FC3.
  • New, advanced flight dynamics for air-to-air missiles. New for FC3.
  • Updated and improved HUDs and other cockpit systems. New for FC3.
  • Resource Manager that adds logistics control to missions. New for FC3.
  • Expanded theatre of operations map into eastern Georgia. FC2-FC3-specific, but note how I didn't include it previously.
  • Countless other improvements in the areas of the mission editor, special effects, new models, improved terrain detail and AI. Mix.

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

but seriously I'm starting to feel "milked". 40$ is a steep price just for DCS World compatibility.

I respect your opinion, but I personally would pay every cent for it just because of the improved landing physics and 6DOF F-15C cockpit. Those 2 things alone, in my opinion, are worth the money.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World